PDA

View Full Version : General Wireless interference issues

AaronCooper
22-03-2012, 22:07
Hi all, at my brothers house he has had wireless problems since he moved in using the hub, the superhub, DIR 615's and a few other routers lying around.

On ethernet they get 60mb down 3mb up but through wireless they get anywhere from 1mb to 40mb. They have constant disconnections and latency issues.

What could cause this? (They have tried changing channel frequency (1-13)

danielf
22-03-2012, 22:31
There's a nice app for Android called wifi analyzer that will show you the signal strength of all available networks. Might be worth a look. You can wander around the house cursing your neighbours for having better wireless :)

qasdfdsaq
22-03-2012, 23:43
On what device?

AaronCooper
22-03-2012, 23:50
A variety of usb adapters (About 10+ over the past 2 years as the lads keep breaking them, god knows how) and wireless built into the laptops (had 2 or 3 laptops in the past 2 years).

The ones they are using now are pretty generic wireless-N £10 adapters. When i lived with them we had like 5 computers and 2 laptops running cheap belkin wireless G's and it wasn't as bad as what my brother experiences now.

For example, my brother uses this one http://www.ebuyer.com/155640-tenda-wireless-n300-usb-adapter-w322u-v2-0

As for wireless device they are using the superhub and the dlink dir-615 with both wireless's on. (They still have issues if its only 1 with wireless on)