PDA

View Full Version : 30M Primary Upstream Service Flow

Blackened
19-03-2012, 09:26
On 30MB, shouldn't that be something like 3333000?
I'm rooting about because I've lost my upload speed which was a constant 2.9mb up and is now maxing out at 1.7

Any help appreciated.

Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0) SFID8509 Max
Traffic Rate 2058000 bps
Max Traffic Burst8160 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 8160 bytes
Scheduling Type Best Effort

jimexbox
19-03-2012, 09:47
Mine says...

Primary Upstream Service Flow
Upstream(0)
SFID 57543
Max Traffic Rate 3333000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 8160 bytes
Mix Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 8160 bytes
Scheduling Type Best Effort

and I get a steady 3.12Mbps

Blackened
19-03-2012, 09:52
Thanks.

Yeah, it's wrong. Just spoke with a tech and it's something to do with the billing codes apparently, and they've no fix date in sight. *shrug*

Chrysalis
19-03-2012, 12:36
What I noticed from 100meg configs is VM have larger traffic bursts on the upstream flow than they do for the downstream flow even tho its only 10th of the speed.

qasdfdsaq
19-03-2012, 15:11
Not on my crappy 50mb they don't. Although it's still far from proportional

General Maximus
19-03-2012, 17:42
are you a newly upgraded customer? I know the new ones havent got the full 10:1 because they are still doing the upgrades but if you had 30/3 before they should be able to provision you for it because that is what you pay for.

Blackened
19-03-2012, 18:07
are you a newly upgraded customer? I know the new ones havent got the full 10:1 because they are still doing the upgrades but if you had 30/3 before they should be able to provision you for it because that is what you pay for.Yeah. I've been on 30/3 before. We got the speed upgrade ages ago.

General Maximus
19-03-2012, 19:27
I would ring them up and kick up a stink then. I can understand there being a mix up between existing 30/30 customers and those who are receiving the free upgrade and I think they go to 30/2 temporarily and there will be different codes for it, but there are still tonnes of customers who are provisioned for 30/3 which means that code is still working alright and even if there has been a mistake it shouldnt take 2 seconds for somebody to go in and change it once it has been noticed.

Blackened
19-03-2012, 20:09
Well, I tried that mate.

I allowed the tech remote access to my PC and the Shub's config pages, then directed him to the connections page and the relevant part I was trying to explain - then I was put on hold for a while.
Like I said, I was told the problem lies with billing codes and they were sorry, but there's nothing they can do to fix it and they don't have a fix date.
I wish I could say exactly when this happened, but it could have only been recently.
All I've done recently is rang to downgrade when a discount was due to run out on 30mb but ended up not doing anything as they said I could stay on 30mb for the same price as everything was being upgraded anyway. I was told though, my bill would say I'm on 'L' rather than XL as the 30mb tier will be renamed as 'L'.
I presuming that this is where the problem lies and all I can hope is it all goes straight when the mass upgrade rolls out in this area (March/April).

thenry
19-03-2012, 20:33
incredible.

VM will change package details on sale etc. etc. once the full upgrade plan is done right?

General Maximus
19-03-2012, 21:14
yeah, you are actually on the right tier then as weird as it sounds. You are not on the proper 30mbit tier which is 30/3, you are on what is going to be the new speed doubling 30mbit tier which they are putting some people on early to stop them from downgrading and as they are still doing some of the upgrade work for the speed doubling, download speeds are being increased but not upload speeds. So long story short, your 30/2 is correct for that tier and when the dust has settled, everyone will be upgraded to 30/3. As an example, I am on 100/10 atm because that is what I pay for, but anyone on 50mbit getting an early upgrade will only get 100/5. It isnt a fault, it is how they planned it while they carry on doing the work.

thenry
19-03-2012, 21:26
and thats capacity related.. VM being cautious?

Blackened
20-03-2012, 08:32
yeah, you are actually on the right tier then as weird as it sounds. You are not on the proper 30mbit tier which is 30/3, you are on what is going to be the new speed doubling 30mbit tier which they are putting some people on early to stop them from downgrading and as they are still doing some of the upgrade work for the speed doubling, download speeds are being increased but not upload speeds. So long story short, your 30/2 is correct for that tier and when the dust has settled, everyone will be upgraded to 30/3. As an example, I am on 100/10 atm because that is what I pay for, but anyone on 50mbit getting an early upgrade will only get 100/5. It isnt a fault, it is how they planned it while they carry on doing the work.

Annoying thing is, I haven't rang for an early upgrade or whatever it is people are doing. I've been on 30mb since it started and paid for the activation etc. I dropped to 10 for a bit while I was cutting back and then upgraded back to 30MB in November 11 and been on it since with 30/3. But yeah, I'm obviously on some provisional tier for whatever reason. Damn annoying.

Blackened
21-03-2012, 11:07
I think I know what's going on here thanks to posts in other threads that I've missed (mainly Ben's) and General Maximus's post that I read but didn't totally follow. :dunce: So thanks for explaining that.

I was on 20mb then upgraded to 30mb on a discount. Discount ran out so asked to downgrade back to 20 but was put on 30mb for the same price - so I'm guessing I have been put on the early 20>30mb upgrade and am retaining the 2mb upload speed until the mass rollout. My bill says I'm on 30mb (L).
All not too bad in the long run I suppose, as long as the 10:1 upload ratio kicks back in when the speed doubling does.

ZrByte
21-03-2012, 12:55
Wish I had known this before I downgraded from 50mb.

General Maximus
21-03-2012, 14:14
I think I know what's going on here thanks to posts in other threads that I've missed (mainly Ben's) and General Maximus's post that I read but didn't totally follow. :dunce: So thanks for explaining that.

I was on 20mb then upgraded to 30mb on a discount. Discount ran out so asked to downgrade back to 20 but was put on 30mb for the same price - so I'm guessing I have been put on the early 20>30mb upgrade and am retaining the 2mb upload speed until the mass rollout. My bill says I'm on 30mb (L).
All not too bad in the long run I suppose, as long as the 10:1 upload ratio kicks back in when the speed doubling does.

That is exactly right and what i was trying to say

Blackened
21-03-2012, 14:33
That is exactly right and what i was trying to say

:tu:

ZrByte
21-03-2012, 19:34
Are people who are getting the 60mb early getting 2mb upload or 3mb?
If its the latter do you think I might have grounds to get the 60mb early as I was not informed about the upload reduction when I changed my package?
I know its only 1mb difference but that's a third less than I expected. I run an FTP to upload home movies and pics to my mums and dads and I also use it when I'm out doing a repair and it was bad enough losing the 2mb taking a 40% hit on my throughput but to then lose another 20% is a bit annoying. Not enough to make want to cancel or anything but if I can get the 3mb upload and get double download while I'm there I might aswel give it a try.

thenry
21-03-2012, 22:04
some configs say 3 up but is capped below.. others have configs with it stated

PeteLockwood
22-03-2012, 22:12
my config is 30/2 apparently i have already been "doubled" :/

when all they have actualy done is take a chunk of my upload speed...

qasdfdsaq
22-03-2012, 22:44
Yes, I do keep saying VM have a fairly strange definition of the word "double"

Blackened
22-03-2012, 23:01
I've this terrible feeling of dread that this is what's happened to me too...