PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Qasi gets a Superhub, everything works, world is turned upside down.

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 10:11
APRIL FOOLS!!!

Oh wait... it's still March :(

But seriously, what do y'all think I should do with it? I already plan on doing a few tests and reviewing it as part of "Battle of the Hubs" but aside from that... Frisbee? Football? Ice skate?

Andrewcrawford23
07-03-2012, 10:16
APRIL FOOLS!!!

Oh wait... it's still March :(

But seriously, what do y'all think I should do with it? I already plan on doing a few tests and reviewing it as part of "Battle of the Hubs" but aside from that... Frisbee? Football? Ice skate?

scrap it for anything vaulable although i doubt it use gold plating or anything liek that or it probalyl be better

Hugh
07-03-2012, 10:17
Or you could just try it - you may be (or not) suprised that it just works*....

*like mine

jb66
07-03-2012, 11:37
Flashing disco light

crazyronnie
07-03-2012, 11:39
Flashing disco light

exactly, the lights on that SOB are so bright

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 11:44
Flashing disco light
I already have an array of 800 controllable LEDs for that :(

kwikbreaks
07-03-2012, 15:21
Inner WiFi card could be used or maybe £5 on eBay

Couple of heatsinks might be useful if you make stuff.

Put the rest in the recycling.

djfunkdup
07-03-2012, 18:46
Or you could just try it - you may be (or not) suprised that it just works*....

*like mine

i will agree with you on this one :D :D

i think most of the people that whine about the shub are just bored with their life and like to whine about something :erm:

Andrewcrawford23
07-03-2012, 18:53

i think most of the people that whine about the shub are just bored with their life and like to whine about something :erm:

thanks nice to know that what i am like :rolleyes: i have my reason for disliking the shub but i wont into them it aint just perofrmance there is lot of other reasons

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 18:56

I aim to prove this one way or another before turning my Superhub(s) into (possibly identifiable) flying objects.

djfunkdup
07-03-2012, 19:12
I aim to prove this one way or another before turning my Superhub(s) into (possibly identifiable) flying objects.

I am so happy for you,it must be wonderful being such a dork :D :D

don't you have a life to live,rather than bleating on about something that in my opinion does not even exist :p:

:erm:

jb66
07-03-2012, 19:14
The only thing that doesn't exist is the superhubs wifi signal 10ft away from it :)

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 19:24
I am so happy for you,it must be wonderful being such a dork :D :D

don't you have a life to live,rather than bleating on about something that in my opinion does not even exist :p:

Not sure what you're on about as I've never bleated about it. I've openly admitted I've never had one and therefore do not know.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

The only thing that doesn't exist is the superhubs wifi signal 10ft away from it :)
Lol. Honestly though it's smaller than I expected. Not much bigger than VMNG300 (if at all) if you rip off the stand.

kwikbreaks
07-03-2012, 19:34
I cba to go up the loft to get mine down but from memory it was significantly bigger than my VMNG300 which itself is pretty large for a modem.

How come you got one anyway - if it wasn't from VM then I don't see how you hope to get it activated to test it. Or for that matter why you are bothering as you are dumping cable anyway.

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 19:50
I don't want it connected (I've said in the past I have no intention of ever using a Superhub on VM). Mainly just going to test the wireless and what I can of the routing. Might need to hack the firmware first though, since only the Business SH allows custom routing settings.

craigj2k12
07-03-2012, 20:18
plus you wont have the latest firmware on it unless its activated, so youve probably still got the firmware with a memory leak in the wireless driver

djfunkdup
07-03-2012, 20:30
plus you wont have the latest firmware on it unless its activated, so youve probably still got the firmware with a memory leak in the wireless driver

Auch just leave him/her to 'play' with it :p: i'm sure he/she will have endless hours of 'fun' with it :erm:

:D:D

Hugh
07-03-2012, 20:30
If he enjoys it, why is it a problem?

djfunkdup
07-03-2012, 20:46
If he enjoys it, why is it a problem?

i never said their was any problem with anything :p: i supose i am pointing a finger at the endless list of whiners regarding the shub..

this is not the first thread about the shub and i'm sure it won't be the last..the kit works and yes i will admit there will be a few users suffering issues but on the whole this does the job...

virtual knitting could be the answer to all their problems :p: :p:

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 21:04
Great, I'm not one of them, I've never used one, so quit whining about it in my thread. In fact, if you're tired of whiners, why are you adding to the problem by whining about whining? Seems a bit counterproductive.

All I want to do is find some factual evidence about the performance of this thing for everyone's benefit. If you don't care, nobody asked you to read it.

djfunkdup
07-03-2012, 21:14
Great, I'm not one of them, I've never used one, so quit whining about it in my thread. In fact, if you're tired of whiners, why are you adding to the problem by whining about whining? Seems a bit counterproductive.

All I want to do is find some factual evidence about the performance of this thing for everyone's benefit. If you don't care, nobody asked you to read it.

lol you need to get out more m8 :D :D :D

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

And why do you have a speed test result on your signature that is not virgin media related ?

is their a point to it or am i missing something ?:p::p:

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 21:34
P.S. First thoughts. 8MB flash, 64MB RAM, 1000DMIPS (claimed) CPU. Similar in core specs to popular high-end routers such as the Netgear WNDR3700.

Incidentally the wireless antennas were loose on the inside, one was loose cabling the other antenna itself was completely dangling free but the cable was secured(!). QC issues methinks.

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

lol you need to get out more m8 :D :D :D
Says the guy complaining on internet forums about things he has no interest in because?

And why do you have a speed test result on your signature that is not virgin media related ?

is their a point to it or am i missing something ?:p::p:
Cable forum. Not "Virgin Media forum". That's here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/

djfunkdup
07-03-2012, 21:51
P.S. First thoughts. 8MB flash, 64MB RAM, 1000DMIPS (claimed) CPU. Similar in core specs to popular high-end routers such as the Netgear WNDR3700.

Incidentally the wireless antennas were loose on the inside, one was loose cabling the other antenna itself was completely dangling free but the cable was secured(!). QC issues methinks.

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

[COLOR=Black]Says the guy complaining on internet forums about things he has no interest in because?

Cable forum. Not "Virgin Media forum". That's here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/

lol im not complaining about anything i am just pointing out that the shub is fine in most cases ;)

yes you are right there and i was wrong this is indeed a cable forum and not the virgin media forum..

could you do me a favour please and do a speed test for me and post the results here ? :D

qasdfdsaq
07-03-2012, 22:35
On VM? Sure

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/52.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Being a wireless guy the first thing I did (other than stare at it) was to rip out the wireless card and put it in my laptop, to test it under Windows & Linux.

First impressions - not at all bad. Card has a claimed transmit power of 19dB on 2.4Ghz and 21dB on 5Ghz. That's 2 to 4 times more powerful than average, but it's still a laptop card. Antennas are also laptop antennas, made by some obscure chinese OEM: http://www.whayu.com/ch01/index.php

Easily managed to hit "full" 235mbps data rate in both directions, aka within 5% of the maximum attained by leading wireless adapters from other manufactuers. Nothing obviously amiss here, pretty decent wireless card by the looks if things, at least if run with decent Windows/Linux drivers.

ssr
08-03-2012, 07:28
So how come I am typing this at 20 feet away

---------- Post added at 07:28 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/51.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
Enough said I think

jb66
08-03-2012, 07:31
So the hub works in your house, everything's perfect with the hub.... Get real, I've had more wifi complaints with this wretched thing than any standalone router, even the regular hub has a more stable wifi

qasdfdsaq
08-03-2012, 10:06
So how come I am typing this at 20 feet away

---------- Post added at 07:28 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

Enough said I think
jb66 works for VM, installing and replacing Superhubs (among other things)

Enough said I think.

ssr
08-03-2012, 10:19
So the hub works in your house, everything's perfect with the hub.... Get real, I've had more wifi complaints with this wretched thing than any standalone router, even the regular hub has a more stable wifi
Speak as you find

Chrysalis
08-03-2012, 10:57
qasi you can test the superhub without it activated, just daisy chain it to your normal router and then forward all traffic to it.

qasdfdsaq
08-03-2012, 11:04
Yeah, I'll get round to that eventually. Right now I just ripped out the wireless card and am testing that in isolation. So far so good, nothing too bad about it. I don't think the hardware's at fault, though while doing my testing I did see my neighbours' Superhub's transmit power fluctuate wildly

The biggest problem is the consumer Superhub has static routing turned off, so I can't get the Superhub to forward any data back.

Hugh
08-03-2012, 11:09
So the hub works in your house, everything's perfect with the hub.... Get real, I've had more wifi complaints with this wretched thing than any standalone router, even the regular hub has a more stable wifiHe didn't say that - he said it works for him.

Posting distorted version of what people say doesn't help your credibility....

craigj2k12
08-03-2012, 14:36
my superhubs been connected in modem mode from a few months now, it doesnt mean its a working device though, theres a lot wrong with it

Hugh
08-03-2012, 20:18
It works for him - he is happy with it.

Imposing your experience and values on him doesn't lessen his experience, just like his experience that it is working to his requirements doesn't add any value to your negative experience.

I really don't understand why anyone is trying to impose their experience on others who have had a different experience....

craigj2k12
08-03-2012, 20:26
noone here is imposing experinces

Pbryanw
08-03-2012, 21:11
Imposing your experience and values on him doesn't lessen his experience, just like his experience that it is working to his requirements doesn't add any value to your negative experience.

I really don't understand why anyone is trying to impose their experience on others who have had a different experience....
The whole internet would be a better place if everyone (especially the Angry Internet Men) took this to their heart. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen, and some people can't see past their own experiences. Anyway, with that out of the way...back to the thread :tu: :)

AndyCalling
08-03-2012, 23:13

Though some do seem to be experiencing impositions... :)~

Good thread if kept to a technical analysis rather than subjective experiences. People might want to take them elsewhere, not because they are not valuable but just for the practical reason of enabling us to look at both ends of the equation without confusing the issues.

Looking at my Shub through the grill with a torch, the ends of aerials seem to be properly attached to the inner wall of the case and not flapping around. I hope that's what you meant Qasi, so I can be sure mine hasn't got that problem.

I can't help but think socket aerials would have been better and would not have noticably increased cost.

craigj2k12
08-03-2012, 23:40
yeah back to the thread......

my experience of the superhub (router mode) - there were many issues, wireless range was a joke, speeds over wireless were pathetic, wireless stability was non existent. When connected via ethernet it was also unstable, large LAN side transfers would make it reboot, as well as it spontaneously rebooting without me doing anything. After 10 (i think) reboots it resets itself to factory settings, and when its doing that by itself numerous times daily, you have to re-enter a lot of settings very often. The bugs and rebooting seem to have been patched now from what others have said, but the wireless range is still pathetic.

okay, so my experience of the superhub in modem mode) - once modem mode was enabled (took way longer than it should have) - the superhub was now at least useable, i.e. it didnt randomly re-boot, and I could connect it to my own router without double NAT'ing - but ping and jitter is still way more than it should be

which brings me onto the less apparent issues that everyone is having (please dont try and deny it). Okay so something to do with the superhub buffering more packets at once than the VMNG increases the ping and jitter. This is where everyone has a different opinion "mine works", "mines crap" etc etc.... Hugh keeps saying about "impose their experience" - I dont know who thats aimed at, but ive given my opinion as well as giving facts, you cant argue with my opinions, and you cant argue with facts so i dont see the issue. The above 2 paragraphs that start with the words "my experience" obviously my experiences, whether other people like it are not cannot be argued with, and they arent being imposed on anyone either

The ping/jitter increase affects every superhub, and compared to the VMNG its quite a big increase. Me, and Chrysalis have both been able to test this as both of us have had both devices connected side by side and using the same upstream and downstream channels, at the same time of day, the superhub always perform worse, thats in both modem mode and router mode (theres no difference between either). Furthermore, in higher utilised areas, the superhub reacts worse to utilisation, again, to do with the way it buffers packets.

So theres my opinion and the facts... take from it what you will

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 00:07
Looking at my Shub through the grill with a torch, the ends of aerials seem to be properly attached to the inner wall of the case and not flapping around. I hope that's what you meant Qasi, so I can be sure mine hasn't got that problem.
Yeah, they're supposed to be stuck to the casing with double-sided tape (rather than real glue or screws) and mine was just loose and dangling behind the main PCB.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:49 ----------

I can't help but think socket aerials would have been better and would not have noticably increased cost.
Funnily enough that would be pretty easy to mod. We have some spare HP enterprise all-weather wireless antenna at work. They're about two foot long.

---------- Post added 09-03-2012 at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was 08-03-2012 at 23:49 ----------

Funnily enough that would be pretty easy to mod.
So easy in fact, I did it in 5 minutes:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2013/08/36.jpg

I should say despite those two antennas being nearly at the edges of the case, they're still closer together than on most dual-band routers, yet the internal antennas in the SH were even closer together than that. I think the recommended seperation is around 5-6 inches but the SH barely manages 3.

thenry
09-03-2012, 00:10
ha

craigj2k12
09-03-2012, 00:57
So easy in fact, I did it in 5 minutes:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2013/08/36.jpg

I should say despite those two antennas being nearly at the edges of the case, they're still closer together than on most dual-band routers, yet the internal antennas in the SH were even closer together than that. I think the recommended seperation is around 5-6 inches but the SH barely manages 3.

thats so funny :LOL:

Chrysalis
09-03-2012, 02:55
ok so that HH3 is half the hight, unfortenatly still too high :p, as I would lay it flat on its back which would stop me plugging cables into it right?

Hugh
09-03-2012, 07:02

yeah back to the thread......

my experience of the superhub (router mode) - there were many issues, wireless range was a joke, speeds over wireless were pathetic, wireless stability was non existent. When connected via ethernet it was also unstable, large LAN side transfers would make it reboot, as well as it spontaneously rebooting without me doing anything. After 10 (i think) reboots it resets itself to factory settings, and when its doing that by itself numerous times daily, you have to re-enter a lot of settings very often. The bugs and rebooting seem to have been patched now from what others have said, but the wireless range is still pathetic.

okay, so my experience of the superhub in modem mode) - once modem mode was enabled (took way longer than it should have) - the superhub was now at least useable, i.e. it didnt randomly re-boot, and I could connect it to my own router without double NAT'ing - but ping and jitter is still way more than it should be

which brings me onto the less apparent issues that everyone is having (please dont try and deny it). Okay so something to do with the superhub buffering more packets at once than the VMNG increases the ping and jitter. This is where everyone has a different opinion "mine works", "mines crap" etc etc.... Hugh keeps saying about "impose their experience" - I dont know who thats aimed at, but ive given my opinion as well as giving facts, you cant argue with my opinions, and you cant argue with facts so i dont see the issue. The above 2 paragraphs that start with the words "my experience" obviously my experiences, whether other people like it are not cannot be argued with, and they arent being imposed on anyone either

The ping/jitter increase affects every superhub, and compared to the VMNG its quite a big increase. Me, and Chrysalis have both been able to test this as both of us have had both devices connected side by side and using the same upstream and downstream channels, at the same time of day, the superhub always perform worse, thats in both modem mode and router mode (theres no difference between either). Furthermore, in higher utilised areas, the superhub reacts worse to utilisation, again, to do with the way it buffers packets.

So theres my opinion and the facts... take from it what you willeveryone is entitled to their opinion on their experience - it's when they insist that everyone must be either sharing their experience or must be lying.... (see bolded comment above)

Peter_
09-03-2012, 07:10
which brings me onto the less apparent issues that everyone is having (please dont try and deny it). Okay so something to do with the superhub buffering more packets at once than the VMNG increases the ping and jitter.

So theres my opinion and the facts... take from it what you will
It is only your opinion and most definitely not the facts, most users have no issues whatsoever and that is nearer to the truth than your claimed facts without anything to back it up.

Do remember that the are now more Superhub's on the network than the VMNG300 which will never ever make a return or be upgraded.

The future is with the Superhub in one guise or another, mine just works and has done since February 2011 and I include a speedtest below.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/48.png

Andrewcrawford23
09-03-2012, 09:54
It is only your opinion and most definitely not the facts, most users have no issues whatsoever and that is nearer to the truth than your claimed facts without anything to back it up.

Do remember that the are now more Superhub's on the network than the VMNG300 which will never ever make a return or be upgraded.

The future is with the Superhub in one guise or another, mine just works and has done since February 2011 and I include a speedtest below.

well ui am hoping my poll can kinda put this oen to bed once and for all and it appears to be support what oyu saying currently

ssr
09-03-2012, 10:37

Here here!

cookdn
09-03-2012, 11:13
[....]okay, so my experience of the superhub in modem mode) - once modem mode was enabled (took way longer than it should have) - the superhub was now at least useable, i.e. it didnt randomly re-boot, and I could connect it to my own router without double NAT'ing - but ping and jitter is still way more than it should be[....]

Craig

Out of interest what do you think a reasonable ping and jitter should be and what are you getting?

Best regards
David

craigj2k12
09-03-2012, 12:57
everyone is entitled to their opinion on their experience - it's when they insist that everyone must be either sharing their experience or must be lying.... (see bolded comment above)

Yes, you cant argue with facts

Please read what I wrote before making yourself look more stupid

Craig

Out of interest what do you think a reasonable ping and jitter should be and what are you getting?

Best regards
David

Thats not really an answerable question, that depends on area utilisation, distance from server, and a whole lot of other things, all of which apply to the destination as well

The fact is, compared to the VMNG, the superhub adds to base latency as well as jitter - whether any muppet wants to scan through what I have written, not reading it properly, and just reply with an absolutely stupid comment saying "mine has worked for x amount of time" is up to them

Hugh
09-03-2012, 13:02
....snippety snip snip....
which brings me onto the less apparent issues that everyone is having (please dont try and deny it). Okay so something to do with the superhub buffering more packets at once than the VMNG increases the ping and jitter. This is where everyone has a different opinion "mine works", "mines crap" etc etc.... Hugh keeps saying about "impose their experience" - I dont know who thats aimed at, but ive given my opinion as well as giving facts, you cant argue with my opinions, and you cant argue with facts so i dont see the issue. The above 2 paragraphs that start with the words "my experience" obviously my experiences, whether other people like it are not cannot be argued with, and they arent being imposed on anyone either...snipetty snip snip

Yes, you cant argue with facts

Your statement above looks pretty much like an opinion to me, rather than a fact - I am, of course, willing to be convinced otherwise by any evidence you have showing that everyone is having these issues...

Please read what I wrote before making yourself look more stupidNice.....

If the Shub does add some latency and jitter, is it noticeable to the average user, and does it noticeably impact on service and experience they have?

kop32
09-03-2012, 13:14

Or just maybe these people have used more cutting edge modems/routers etc,lets face it if you are used to a BMW and then someone says "sorry to use our services you have got to drive this 3 year old Skoda" some people are going to be disappointed,that to me is not whinging it is simply stating the facts.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Nice.....

If the Shub does add some latency and jitter, is it noticeable to the average user, and does it noticeably impact on service and experience they have?

Hugh,
Some of these people pay for up to 100 meg broadband,I would hardly think if they are willing to pay for these services you could describe them as "average users"

craigj2k12
09-03-2012, 13:25
Your statement above looks pretty much like an opinion to me, rather than a fact - I am, of course, willing to be convinced otherwise by any evidence you have showing that everyone is having these issues...

Nice.....

How is a proved fact an opinion?

Is it apparent to the average user??? - probably not, unless they use any time critical applications regularly. Id say the only way its noticeable to "the average user" is if they went from any other modem to a superhub, then they would probably notice

But as my fellow red has mentioned, why would an "average user" be on 100mbit? Most users on the higher tariffs wont be "average joe" and will probably notice the added latency

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 13:53
In other news, I scanned 16,704 wireless networks yesterday, including 453 Virgin Media Superhubs.

Cool or what?

None of them were as cool as my 2-foot antenna Uberhub mod though :(

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

ok so that HH3 is half the hight, unfortenatly still too high :p, as I would lay it flat on its back which would stop me plugging cables into it right?
I don't see why you would want to lie it flat on it's back - it'd take more desk space and get worse wireless coverage.

But you could, and cables would fit under it easily:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/79.jpg
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/80.jpg

P.S. It appears I've just found my "proper" camera so hopefully no more crappy quality pics.

Andrewcrawford23
09-03-2012, 13:54
In other news, I scanned 16,704 wireless networks yesterday, including 453 Virgin Media Superhubs.

Cool or what?

I don't see why you would want to lie it flat on it's back - it'd take more desk space and get worse wireless coverage.

P.S. It appears I've just found my "proper" camera so hopefully no more crappy quality pics.

how much did you uber mod acutalyl make to the strength of signal and distance?

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 13:56
I haven't plugged it in to try, since it probably wouldn't be legal.

Not that that's ever stopped me... No in fact I had to get up for work so didn't have time last night.

Andrewcrawford23
09-03-2012, 14:09
I haven't plugged it in to try, since it probably wouldn't be legal.

Not that that's ever stopped me... No in fact I had to get up for work so didn't have time last night.

depends what type of signal it broadcats and strength if it might be illegal and what sort of itnerference it mgiht cause ;) but if you only run it for a few minutes no one should notice unless there some police type person here that nows where oyu live and waits for you to test it tonight :p

Chrysalis
09-03-2012, 14:33

Cool or what?

The answer is simple, my router isnt on my desk and instead on top of my subwoofer near where the cable comes into my property, there is a small gap on top of the subwoofer perfect for sliding in a router or modem.

although it may be possible to put a HH3 where I have my dir615, as I have the dir615 antennaes up and it just about fits where it is but the superhub doesnt fit where it is. Is the hh3 height shorter than the dir615 antennaes?

Also I have the samknows router underneath the unit which holds the dir615 and the vmng300, it slides under and I have the antennaes on the back of it up but not under the unit, so the back is out slightly to allow the antennaes, I wouldnt get the hh3 there either (or the superhub).

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 15:04
By the looks of my first picture it looks like they're within a couple cm's of each other. I'll find out for sure when I get home. But as I keep saying, *most* people would probably be better off with the HomeHub3 design vs. say the Superhub or "normal" style routers with antennas sticking up (e.g. my DIR-825, pictured, is a lot taller with antennas than the HH3). But again, unlike VM, nobody's forcing you to use it. You could just connect your DIR-615 to the BT modem if you felt like getting Infinity and don't like the HomeHub3.

AndyCalling
09-03-2012, 15:40
@Chrys: I'm not sure keeping your Shub on top of your sub woofer is a good idea. I've seen subs play merry hell with close by electronic kit before, including routers.

Chrysalis
09-03-2012, 19:24
@Chrys: I'm not sure keeping your Shub on top of your sub woofer is a good idea. I've seen subs play merry hell with close by electronic kit before, including routers.

:)

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 19:40
although it may be possible to put a HH3 where I have my dir615, as I have the dir615 antennaes up and it just about fits where it is but the superhub doesnt fit where it is. Is the hh3 height shorter than the dir615 antennaes?
No, the HH3 is about 1cm taller:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/73.jpg
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/74.jpg

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Which antenna should I taaaaakee?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2013/09/5.jpg
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/03/75.jpg

craigj2k12
09-03-2012, 19:44
[/COLOR]Which antenna should I taaaaakee?

the whinnie the poo one :D :D :D

Tim Deegan
09-03-2012, 19:48

Mine works at the bottom of my drive, or the opposite side of the house, which is probably about 60 feet away. And my PS3 works absolutely fine, and it's about 30 feet away. So it sounds like some people either have lead walls, or they have a dud.

Obviously for techies, who will only accept the best possible available, then they are going to hate it.

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 19:54
or they have a dud.
There's a reason some people call it the SuperDud

thenry
09-03-2012, 19:55
it that a tp links rear end i see on the shelf near to pooh

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 19:57
Yes, that's my TL-WR2543ND

thenry
09-03-2012, 20:04
genius what can i say :cool:

Chrysalis
09-03-2012, 20:28
you got enough dir 615s there?

qasdfdsaq
09-03-2012, 21:20
I got 3 or 4 more lying around somewhere

Tim Deegan
09-03-2012, 21:29
There's a reason some people call it the SuperDud

Well looking at the pictures of your set up, then it would never be acceptable for your needs. I think you probably need a military standard one ;)

Andrewcrawford23
09-03-2012, 22:36
Well looking at the pictures of your set up, then it would never be acceptable for your needs. I think you probably need a military standard one ;)

i would say he needs one that great and secure that it impossible well it is just never plug it in :D

qasdfdsaq
10-03-2012, 16:13
Oh, and they're gonna be used for the interference stress-test.