PDA

View Full Version : Showing online when not

whitewineandsoda
22-02-2012, 13:27
Hi all, hope this is the right place for this.
This morning when I turned on laptop, the yellow exclamation mark was there to show no internet access, I switched off and back on at the wall socket and all was fine. Now, though, on my V+ box the green light is flashing on the 'online' light at the front of the box even when I'm offline. I've never seen this light flash before, but when I'm online I'm in another room to the modem,V+ box and router. I've reset the V+ box, and it's still flashes when offline.Also in another room I have a standard pace box, that usualy has 2 lights showing continually but not flashing, the bottom light is flashing on this one now (only mentioned this as thought it may help, I know this box isn't anything to do with the internet) Any ideas as to what this all means? Do I have a problem? Any help appreciated, TIA, WWAS.
Just to add internet connection is OK.

Spann3r
22-02-2012, 18:11
The flashing light on your Pace and V+ box are showing that the boxes are failing to lock on. You will find that all the on demand services are no longer working on both boxes. Contact customer services and they will fault find and send out a service tech for you.

raging bull
22-02-2012, 18:31
Those of us that used the set top box to access the internet (modem fitted internally) used to dread that flashing light.
No internet/on demand services and sometimes no TV.

Andrewcrawford23
22-02-2012, 18:40
i suggest ringing tech support to get a tech book to isntall a serperate mdoem come the ugprade yoru stb wont be able to give you the speeds oif the ugprades

it will most liekly be upstream power issue but withotu a modem you cant see the power leves only tech support can

whitewineandsoda
22-02-2012, 18:52
Thankyou for the replies. It appears it was a local fault, that's what I was told anyway and the flashing has now stopped on both boxes.
Andrewcrawford23,I'm sure I have a seperate modem? (not at all techie) it's a box thing with green lights on it? I'm sure when I moved they said I had to take my modem with me, and that's the box with the green lights on?
I found some old posts from here via Google with the same problem, and there was a phone no. to ring for a status so I rang that and that's where they said there was a problem in LS19 and engineers were working on it.
Once again thanks for the helpful replies.

Andrewcrawford23
22-02-2012, 18:55
"Now, though, on my V+ box the green light is flashing on the 'online' light at the front of the box even when I'm offline. " do you connect your comptuer or wireless rotuer to yoru v+ box?

whitewineandsoda
22-02-2012, 19:36
"Now, though, on my V+ box the green light is flashing on the 'online' light at the front of the box even when I'm offline. " do you connect your comptuer or wireless rotuer to yoru v+ box?

No they don't connect to the box, they are both seperately run. The router is plugged into the wall socket and nowhere else, and the computer is a laptop in another room to the router. The green light on the front of my V+ box next to where it says online is now a steady light and not flashing. There's a blue wire connecting the modem & router to each other. I hope I've explained this ok?

Andrewcrawford23
22-02-2012, 19:41
No they don't connect to the box, they are both seperately run. The router is plugged into the wall socket and nowhere else, and the computer is a laptop in another room to the router. The green light on the front of my V+ box next to where it says online is now a steady light and not flashing. There's a blue wire connecting the modem & router to each other. I hope I've explained this ok?

is the blue wire goign from teh stb???

whitewineandsoda
22-02-2012, 20:20
No, the blue wire goes from the modem to the wireless router, there's nothing goes out of either of the them into the V+ box.

Andrewcrawford23
22-02-2012, 21:04
No, the blue wire goes from the modem to the wireless router, there's nothing goes out of either of the them into the V+ box.

ok ingore my comment then i misudnerstood your original post

whitewineandsoda
22-02-2012, 21:12
Ok Andrew, thanks for trying to help........:)