PDA

View Full Version : 50M Fault in FK5 area vm employee please read

Andrewcrawford23
21-02-2012, 11:47
Can a vm emlpoyee please confirm what the fault is and estimated fix time when calling tech support they couldnt tell me anything
other than modems are offline but service status page doesnt list anything

i just need to know the type of fault and esitmated fix time

Kymmy
21-02-2012, 12:01
Spelling corrected in Titles as this is what google indexes on

Andrewcrawford23
21-02-2012, 12:12
cheers kymmy :)

it all working again still be nice to knwothe fault it seem to be dhcp server issue

kwikbreaks
21-02-2012, 12:52
Spelling corrected in Titles as this is what google indexes on

Are you sure?

gault fk5 area vm employee please read

Still as the gault is now cleared I suppose it's irrelevant anyway.

Andrewcrawford23
21-02-2012, 13:05
didnt heklp i was posting via my mobile :p

the employee i misspeeled and since it a pain on the pohne to keep correcting i never did, and i never mispelled due to my dsylexic jsut the it touch phone and i seem to get it to type the worng letters a lot lol that how i misspelled fault as well but the good thing about the phone i it does doa lot of auto correcting so my post might have been better than normal

Andrewcrawford23
21-02-2012, 16:05
mmmm very strqange

prior ot this fauklt i was on a 77.* ip range but now i am on a 92* ip range the fault did seem to bne dhcp server issue i wonder if virign ipv4 supplies might start to be runnign dry?? but i rather suspect not as ther esuppose to have plenty left if it is i rather hope the superhub is ipv6 compabilte and virign look to spee dup the deployment of ipv6

craigj2k12
21-02-2012, 19:10
theres sill enough ip addresses for now lol

chances are just some reseg work or even line card upgrades

Andrewcrawford23
21-02-2012, 19:41
theres sill enough ip addresses for now lol

chances are just some reseg work or even line card upgrades

if it was planned downtime i would have thought the agent i spoek to would have told me that lol well some are idiots :p

i didnt think it was them running out to be honest but it crossed my mind lol but virign claimed they wont need ipv6 for years i think 2013-2014 is when they will need it

suppose a reseg or lien card upgrade isnt totally out of the question they have jsut finished makign 100mb available here