PDA

View Full Version : 50M Sky Anytime+ available via Virginmedia now.

SkyFTW
13-02-2012, 21:17
Ok, I have Virginmedia 50Mb (about to be disconnected) I also have Sky unlimited BB, I hooked my Sky+HD box upto my SkyBB to enable Sky anytime+.

Now I have just connected my Sky+HD box to my VM50Mb connection and Anytime+ is working fine.

So it seems once activated Anytime+ works with VM and I suspect other ISP's, I know its rolling out to all soon but thought I would post this anyways.

davidthornton
16-02-2012, 00:51
How different is what is on Anytime+ via a Sky box to what is now on Virgin under the Sky Anytime menus? I've not got Sky Broadband so I cannot compare.

crazyronnie
16-02-2012, 10:16
Sky Anytime+ only use to work via Sky Broadband. Now it works from all internet connections. Sky Anytime+ is a Sky only thing. Nothing to do with the Sky Anytime that you get thru virgin tv.

General Maximus
16-02-2012, 22:44
I access it through my VM connection as well. All you are doing is accessing the internet to hit some Sky servers and then authenticating yourself in order to access a service. It doesn't matter whether you are using a VM connection or Sky or anyone else for that matter.

davidthornton
17-02-2012, 23:09
I don't have Sky Broadband and have just connected a Sky+HD box to the Internet. I've verified the box has IP connectivity but I still only have Anytime. After rebooting the box I was advised on screen to visit http://www.sky.com/anytimeplus for more information. The box is currently using my BT Infinity connection but I've not tried forcing it through other ISPs that I have access to yet. I could configure my network to route traffic over a VPN to someone else's Sky Broadband connection, if necessary, and activate Anytime+ via that. I may then be able to use Anytime+ via another ISP.

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Sky Anytime+ only use to work via Sky Broadband. Now it works from all internet connections. Sky Anytime+ is a Sky only thing. Nothing to do with the Sky Anytime that you get thru virgin tv.

I was hoping to do a direct comparison between Anytime+ on Sky and Anytime on Virgin. Anytime on Virgin certainly seems more extensive than standard Anytime on Sky (available to non Sky Broadband subscribers).

Ken Jude
18-02-2012, 14:48
Sky are saying this is still not yet available to anyone who isn't a SkyBB customer. The original poster said he had SkyBB, so presumably that means that they aren't blocking SkyBB customers if they decide to connect their box via a Virgin Media IP address.

"By Easter" is what Sky are saying.

SkyFTW
18-02-2012, 16:57
Sky are saying this is still not yet available to anyone who isn't a SkyBB customer. The original poster said he had SkyBB, so presumably that means that they aren't blocking SkyBB customers if they decide to connect their box via a Virgin Media IP address.

"By Easter" is what Sky are saying.

I have SkyBB and Virginmedia, Both connect to Sky Anytime+ right now,today. BUT!! I think you need to have SkyBB to have Anytime+ activated in the first instance.

Once Anytime+ is activated on your account you will be able to use your VM connection. If you don't have SkyBB for the initial activation you'll have to wait for the full roll out.

I have never used the VM version of Sky Anytime plus but the Sky version is very comprehensive, With the usual boxsets, Movies, Catch-up, ITVplayer Watch on demand etc etc. sections for

MTV
Discovery
Watch
Sky Atlantic
Sky
FX
Crime channel
Nickleoden
Disney
Dave
Plus more channel I can't be assed to list.

Also sub-sections lie
Family
Kids
Documetry
Entertainment
Sports
Movies

Ya now what, I will be here all day lol..Plus a lot more.

satellite-man
18-02-2012, 22:45
I access it through my VM connection as well. All you are doing is accessing the internet to hit some Sky servers and then authenticating yourself in order to access a service. It doesn't matter whether you are using a VM connection or Sky or anyone else for that matter.

no good for people like me tho as Sky think that i live in Northern Ireland so i can get RTÉ One, RTÉ Two & TG4. from what iv seen about Sky Anytime+ i dont think im missing much