PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Super hub settings

Rob King
23-01-2012, 14:55
i have a superhub with 100mb my daughter who uses the wireless for her laptop and xbox says the wireless keeps disconnecting her whats the best settings to use in the super hub or just leave on default settings ?

thenry
23-01-2012, 15:02
download and run inSSIDer (http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/) on a wireless capable device such as a laptop. let the program look up wireless networks within reach of you (move around your property where you want connectivity so the scanner can pick up all network).... note which channel number each uses. then set your SH to use a channel number that isn't in use. the channel numbers range from 1-13.

don't leave the SHs wireless channel as auto.

to access the settings on the SH put the following address into your web browser bar...

login (default: username: admin - password: changeme)
advanced settings below the 3 red boxes
to your left wireless settings
set channel to whatever channel that isn't in use
apply settings
exit

the above could possibly fix the issue but..

also note the SH isn't the best for wireless so depending on your property, the signal may not be strong where its disconnecting which could then mean you investing in a wireless router

da_vone
23-01-2012, 15:07
Alright there Rob. Im not a techie person, but i had the same sort of issue. when i called Virgin (in india) they guy told me to go into my super hub (http://192.168.0.1) and under setup>wireless settings to change the channel id to 11 i think it was on a different number then. i clicked on apply. Then disabled my wireless (on the laptop) and re enabled it. Thus far it seems to be going pretty good.

As i say im not a techie person but i hope what worked for me works for you as well. All the best.

Mick Fisher
23-01-2012, 15:53
Just get a proper wireless router and put the mostly useless superhub in modem mode.

Rob King
23-01-2012, 16:24
Alright there Rob. Im not a techie person, but i had the same sort of issue. when i called Virgin (in india) they guy told me to go into my super hub (http://192.168.0.1) and under setup>wireless settings to change the channel id to 11 i think it was on a different number then. i clicked on apply. Then disabled my wireless (on the laptop) and re enabled it. Thus far it seems to be going pretty good.

As i say im not a techie person but i hope what worked for me works for you as well. All the best.

ok i have tried that ill let you know how it goes

General Maximus
23-01-2012, 22:31
yeah for the non-tech savy peeps it isnt as straight forward as what VM are making out. There are basically 3 channels you want to be looking at using for your wireless which are 1, 6 and 11. Sometimes you might get problems if for example your neighbour is using channel 5, so you would want to switch to channel 11 to avoid interference.

Unfortunately things arent as simple as that when it comes to the shub. Many, but not all, people have been having problems with the shubs wireless abilities and the best thing i can recommend if you have got children who's lives depend on internet access (you know what teenagers are like) through phones, laptops and stuff like wireless printers for school work is to buy yourself a decent wireless router because the shub just doesn't cut it unfortunately. You'll be saving yourself a lot of time and hassel, trust me.

chumba
25-01-2012, 08:07

Wow..Ive been racking my brain for days for a fix on my wireless.

This worked straight away.

Many thanks:)

Rob King
25-01-2012, 11:01
a good old reboot fixed the problem too

da_vone
25-01-2012, 21:27
Wow..Ive been racking my brain for days for a fix on my wireless.

This worked straight away.

Many thanks:)

Your Most welcome mate i guess as the chaps above have said if one channels is sort of used up then just check out the others and see if you get a hit

a good old reboot fixed the problem too

Good old virgin advice of taking the plug out and sticking it back in again. im glad its all sorted now

Skie
26-01-2012, 00:43
Its sorted now until someone nearby gets a good router and uses that channel. Bye bye weak superhub signal!