PDA

View Full Version : VM Router What router do they provide nowadays?

Retrovertigo
14-01-2012, 10:37
My WNR 2000 is on the blink (it keeps resetting itself). Just given them a call and they are sending me a new router but they couldn't say which model.

I do like this Netgear one though as I have never had hassle with either the 360 or PS3 online side of things. I've seen so many people complain of other routers giving them issues that I'm wondering if I should just spend £30 buying a replacement WNR 2000 as I'm familiar with it and how to set it all up.
Thanks.

v0id
14-01-2012, 19:39
Probably a Superhub (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345044&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=)

Retrovertigo
14-01-2012, 22:15
I don't think they are sending me the superhub (the woman I spoke to said I'd just be posted a new router). I don't fancy the superhub, as what I've read about it (which admittedly isn't much) was less than glowing.

I'd rather just buy my own router to be honest if that is what I end up with.

General Maximus
16-01-2012, 19:14
the shub is all they supply now so you should be getting one of those. I strongly endorse your suggestion of buying your own proper router though.

Peter_
16-01-2012, 21:12
My WNR 2000 is on the blink (it keeps resetting itself). Just given them a call and they are sending me a new router but they couldn't say which model.

I do like this Netgear one though as I have never had hassle with either the 360 or PS3 online side of things. I've seen so many people complain of other routers giving them issues that I'm wondering if I should just spend £30 buying a replacement WNR 2000 as I'm familiar with it and how to set it all up.
Thanks.
As it is a direct replacement for the WNR2000 it will be a D Link DIR615 as we still replace routers like for like at the moment.;)

For setup instructions CLICK HERE (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35315744-post2.html)

Retrovertigo
17-01-2012, 13:11
Yep, just received a d-link in the post. Never experienced a d-link before so hopefully it will be ok.

Peter_
17-01-2012, 14:05
Yep, just received a d-link in the post. Never experienced a d-link before so hopefully it will be ok.
It is all that i expected you to get, remember setup instructions are above and do not use the disk.