PDA

View Full Version : 50M Slow speeds at certain times

Greg_1992
06-11-2011, 16:43
I'm convinced this isn't a throttling issue because I haven't downloaded a thing today, but when I went to grab something from Astraweb I'm getting speeds of 1.1 MB/s, so I tried grabbing from torrents (a private site, a healthy torrent) and getting speeds of 1.7 MB/s. Now I'm paying for a 50MB connection, haven't downloaded anything today, surely I should be getting better speeds than this?

If they are throttling certain services at certain times then it makes 50MB absolutely useless.

[EDIT: After taking the speedtest at the top of this site (http://i40.tinypic.com/9scowl.jpg) suggests that is is them throttling certain services. It really is pointless paying for the speed when you can't use it when you want.]

Milambar
06-11-2011, 17:00
Torrents and newsgroups are managed 100% of the time between (I think) 8am and midnight. Therefore using a torrent to assess your download speed is not to be advised.

Greg_1992
06-11-2011, 17:47
Torrents and newsgroups are managed 100% of the time between (I think) 8am and midnight. Therefore using a torrent to assess your download speed is not to be advised.

Annoying that even when I haven't downloaded today they still throttle it though, they could at least have a limit I need to cross.

Either way, this "unlimited" service that used to be great is becoming useless.