PDA

View Full Version : Which is the weakest station

kevbeans
04-11-2011, 15:57
I've joined up to get a bit of info asap so i can have the correct information when speaking to someone tomorrow.

I've just moved house and i'm having problems getting certain channels when the weather is slightly bad. There is a booster fitted in the loft but the aerials don't look that great. Someone is coming out tomorrow to have a look at a few things around the house, the aerial being one of them. Now I know its going to be a nice sunny day and the tv will probably work perfectly. I was wondering if some channels broadcast a lower signal or if there would be any way to recreate the problem when the repair guy is here. Usually I'd fix stuff like this myself but its a rented house and i'm gonna make them work for their money.

I'm in the north west so usuing the winter hill aerial.

nodrogd
04-11-2011, 17:52
If the aerial is the correct type, the connections are good, and the amp is working efficiently, there should be no noticeable difference in the signal strength between the digital muxes. The main problem with loft mounted aerials is that you lose a lot of signal by it passing through the roof, not to mention pipework/water tanks etc which can also be detrimental. I should imagine this system was put in for analogue and is just about scraping through.

However, as the problem is only marginal, an increase in the size of the aerial and some careful re-positioning may be all that's needed.

kevbeans
04-11-2011, 18:06
The aerial is on the roof but doesn't look very good and like you say, was probably installed for analogue. There does seem to be quite a difference between channels when the weather is bad, was just wondering what the reason for this would be.

Matth
04-11-2011, 18:41
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SD660144
Winter Hill - the weakest is the MEN mux (Channel M, Movies4Men)

kevbeans
04-11-2011, 20:12
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SD660144
Winter Hill - the weakest is the MEN mux (Channel M, Movies4Men)

Cheers for that, exactly what i was looking for.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Just done a scan and it doesn't find any channels in the 200's. When it saves them the channels go from 199 straight to 300? If when doing a search it was to find every channel, any idea how many there would be in total.