PDA

View Full Version : Got the Virgimedia Phone tickle?

Matth
03-11-2011, 00:35
Great! a tickle on the service I care least for.

Seriously though, are the extras "£6 worth":
1. Permanent until they decide to un-tickle
2. For a certain period, then ending
3. For a certain period, then charged unless cancelled? - in which case, I'd rather not bother!

BenJSmyth
03-11-2011, 09:29
What exactly did you get with your tickle?

BenMcr
03-11-2011, 09:37
They will remain on the account for as long as you are a landline subscriber

bornsurvivorxx
03-11-2011, 10:20
How were you tickled? Is it a phone call, letter or do you need to log in to my virgin?

Matth
03-11-2011, 18:54
Email, title "Have a bunch of home phone add-ons on us",

£6 worth of home phone addons - cheaper international rates, calls to mobiles and free calls to 0845/0870

So I guess that's Talk International, Talk Mobile and Talk 08.

Already checked the tickle FAQ "can you swap?"
http://tickle.virginmedia.com/faqs/

Looks likew you are notified by email, or post if you don't allow email.

http://tickle.virginmedia.com/ - Or you can check your tickles (NB. they do expire)
H'mm, wonder if I could get a seperate tickle on mobile, or was that the topup & get 25 free mins

BenJSmyth
03-11-2011, 20:27
Where is it you set your communications preferences, ie receiving marketing emails. I can't even remember what mine is set to or even if I can change it!

Matth
03-11-2011, 22:23
One other thing worrying, does accepting the tickle mess up a loyalty deal?

Kingofthedead4
04-11-2011, 07:51
I haven't been tickled, that's it I am handing in my notice and leaving. How dare they not tickle me. I have been tickled by the best of them. I think its prejudice. I will write a stern letter to Richard Branson...........what.........oh.......it has not finished yet.............(wonders off whistling) ;)

BenMcr
04-11-2011, 10:30
One other thing worrying, does accepting the tickle mess up a loyalty deal?I would hope they wouldn't send it to a customer that isn't eligible for it ;)

slowcoach
06-11-2011, 11:26
Email, title "Have a bunch of home phone add-ons on us",

£6 worth of home phone addons - cheaper international rates, calls to mobiles and free calls to 0845/0870

So I guess that's Talk International, Talk Mobile and Talk 08.

I got the same, guess it's the booby prize/tickle......... :rolleyes:

Mad Bee
17-11-2011, 16:10
I've just got the tickle E-mail for Talk 08.

DaMac
19-11-2011, 08:14
Got mine through the post, says the tickle is free to me, just have to opt in which i have.
:xmas:

Martyn
19-11-2011, 10:21
hopefully i get the talk 08 as its the only time we use the house phone..

denphone
19-11-2011, 10:22

Yes l got mine a couple of weeks ago.

Topgun
19-11-2011, 10:55
I never seem to receive emails from VM but occasionally get contacted through the post. As far as I am aware I haven't said at any time that I am unwilling to be contacted by email. I have been into "My Account" but can't seem to see anywhere to do with contact preferences. Could someone point me in the right direction? After all, I don't want to miss out on the possibility of a free tickle, especially at my age!

BenMcr
21-11-2011, 09:55
I never seem to receive emails from VM but occasionally get contacted through the post. As far as I am aware I haven't said at any time that I am unwilling to be contacted by email. I have been into "My Account" but can't seem to see anywhere to do with contact preferences. Could someone point me in the right direction? After all, I don't want to miss out on the possibility of a free tickle, especially at my age!From the Help site:

How do I change my contact email address? (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=03050F70-E8F8-4093-95C2-999C51CE9ACF)

dazed&confused
23-11-2011, 13:44
Got mine through the post, says the tickle is free to me, just have to opt in which i have.
:xmas:

Had the flyer in the post today
Well done Virgin.
Not all sites have an alternative number.
:)

snowey
01-12-2011, 07:26
Had the flyer in the post today
Well done Virgin.
Not all sites have an alternative number.
:)

Are you sure, they are completley free. ?

---------- Post added at 07:26 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

From the Help site:

How do I change my contact email address? (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=03050F70-E8F8-4093-95C2-999C51CE9ACF)

Ben, ? Iam on talk XL, Does taking this offer change anything, and is it completley free...:)

BenMcr
01-12-2011, 10:00
Within the minutes you are give, yes they are completely free

snowey
01-12-2011, 15:22
Within the minutes you are give, yes they are completely free

Cheers Ben.......

nodrogd
01-12-2011, 17:07
Got the phone tickle mailing this morning and decided to opt-in.

However, when I try to register online, all I get is : "! The account doesn’t exist or is not eligible for this Tickle". I have double checked what I have entered and it is correct, and my account is not in arrears.

Anyone else having probs ?
Will I have to ring CS to get this put on ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just solved the problem. The account number on the mailing is prefixed by your area code (the first two digits). Enter the number without the first two digits and it works!

AndyCalling
01-12-2011, 20:22
I've not had one yet, but I hope I get this. The Talk Mobile thing would really save me money on occasion, but is not worth me paying for every month. This tickle would be ideal. My fingers are crossed... :)~

slowcoach
03-12-2011, 12:28
A mate called me last night, he pays for everything so didn't get any of the phone tickles but he wasn't too bothered because his £2 extras offered more benefits than the new tickles, 5P Min mobile calls and International calls from 5p min.
He just got his latest bill only to discover that his extras are now 10p Min mobiles and International from 10p Min, he was not happy with the increased bill especially as he hadn't been informed of the price alterations, and the fact that I got them for free just rubbed salt into the wound. :)

tomtank62
04-12-2011, 22:33
What exactly did you get with your tickle?

I have been tickled, by email, but mine says 'We're giving you unlimited access to Music On Demand for free (usually only available to TV XL customers throughout December'.
but I guess I have posted this in the wrong area.:)

Ken W
05-12-2011, 18:50
I have just the basic Virgin land line and I have received a tickle.
Talk mobile £2 add on
Talk International £2 add on
Talk 08 £2 add on giveing 250 mins of 0870 and 0845 calls
Bonus directory enquires

Are they apsolutely Free?
Because when I was with ntl they gave me free package and then they started charging me.

nodrogd
08-12-2011, 10:22
Talk mobile £2 add on
Bonus directory enquires

Because when I was with ntl they gave me free package and then they started charging me.

The small print states that as long as you keep the three offered items as a bundle and remain a phone customer they will remain free.

dazed&confused
12-12-2011, 16:35
Tickle received on the 23rd November.
Stated Wait until you receive an email before using in about 10/12 days,

Not received an email yet - can I use or not ??

slowcoach
12-12-2011, 21:41
Talk mobile £2 add on
Bonus directory enquires

They already tried charging me for my tickles when I enquired about a package change even though they are listed as free on my package price. Offshore CS, UK CS and a UK Manager all insisted that the (same) price they were quoting was correct, had to go through to retentions to get it sorted in the end.
From now on I will have to keep my eyes open for price creep. :erm:

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Go to My Virgin Media and see if they are listed in your package, if they are you are good to go.

nodrogd
14-12-2011, 17:04

Received my tickle on 1st December and still no confirmation e-mail of activation. Has anyone's come through?. Tried to check at "My Virgin Media", but can only get basic service details. If click "view or change" to get further detail all I get is "Wer'e sorry, you are unable to do this online. Please ring 0845 blah blah blah"

dazed&confused
22-12-2011, 09:04
It's now almost a month since I received confirmation from Virgin.
STILL no follow up confirming I can now use the service!
Any ideas ??

nodrogd
30-12-2011, 13:51
Just received my VM bill for December to find that my tickles were added 5 days after I signed up for them. Never received a confirmation of any kind that they were added..

dazed&confused
06-01-2012, 12:49
Just checked latest bill.
Shows Charges (for services added)
30Nov-29Dec Talk 08 2
No charge.

So presumably I can now use 0845 free for 250 minutes.

savvychels
08-01-2012, 00:48
No tickles at all here :( But I'm trying to figure out exactly what they could tickle me with (just visited the tickle website) as I have all of those being VIP 50

trickytree
09-01-2012, 13:46
I'm in the same boat.
They have tickled me but with stuff I already had.
Premium HD channels on all boxes and oooh look Sky Anytime is a tickle also even though I had used it numerous times before the mail came through and the on screen message.

m419
10-01-2012, 16:59
No tickles for me subscribe to all 3 XL services for many years, I reckon it is for those on low packages or those who haven't been with Virgin Media that long to hoink people in and upgrade, so rather than tickling you, they are tempting you.

So they should be called Virgin Media Temptations haha