PDA

View Full Version : 50M sunday

mam
24-10-2011, 12:42
Hi,

Last Sunday there was a fault in my area 07,phoned Virgin media because the service status was stating no issues.After 10 minutes the chap informed me that there was now a reported fault in my area,end of conversation.

Last night around 8.30 ,my speed/connection dropped to about 4Mb.

There was no reported fault ,checked all night.

Is this normal for Sundays,or is there a fault with my connection/superhub ?

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks

Stuart
24-10-2011, 15:02
It's not normal for Sundays. You need to report it as a fault.

WaxMan
24-10-2011, 16:13
Mine was out last Sunday morning for a few hours as well, I had an engineer booked to look at this on sat (I have had similar issues every couple of months since I got VM in this house). However with out notifying me they cancelled the engineer visit it seems that there is an ongoing congestion (with a post code that is 20 miles away RG1) issue which causes my modem to be disconnected from the network and not allowed back on the estimated fix date is 21st of nov so I am stuck until then before confirming if it is local or this other issue.

This same issue also occurred yesterday and caused loss of connectivity from 3pm until 9pm ish, looking back at my logs I can see a couple of short outages for the last week as well.

mam
24-10-2011, 20:38
Hi all,and thanks.

Just ran another speed test,4Mb.During the day 48Mb all day,after 7 ish 4Mb
Phoned the 50 Mb service,no issues in my area,the tests on the modem were all fine,according to Virgin media .There are sending me a new superhub

Your thought please

Thanks

mam
25-10-2011, 12:32
Phoned the complaints dept today.Someone should phone me back after they have spoken to the tech dept.

I don't think its the hub,my download speed now is 50.22

I have googled my issues and it seems Im not alone.
Its annoying as I need my internet more in the evening time.
Thanks