PDA

View Full Version : 50M How the Hell does one get a fault fixed these days?

Welshchris
20-10-2011, 17:29
I am really starting to once again get annoyed by Virgin Support as NO ONE!! on their support forums wants to take responsibility!

I have been having intermittant problems with my net disconnecting since Sept 8th and reported it and after a few responds they have now stopped getting back to me or responding.

I have noticed that on my TV box also i have a samsung the light flashes on and off at times and i have been told that this is connected to the broadband fault and once the intermittant issue is solved the TV box would return to normal and no more problems with interactive and so on.

No one will respond on the broadband forums, India is useless and just says the same old rubbish "We cannot find a problems with ur connection sir" and Support for the TV on the forums says i have to get the broadband fixed when they say there is no fault.

What the hell am i supposed to do?

roger skillin
20-10-2011, 17:45
Why are you just using the forums? The standard practise for anyone is to call a company and speak to them about a problem

The Installer
20-10-2011, 17:46
Unplug the mains power cable from your Set top box, call faults, tell them that its dead and has no lights on it, go through the waffle then they will be left with no choice but to get a tech out to you.

When the tech is booked reconnect the power to your STB.

When the tech arrives tell him that the return path is hit and miss etc.

Repeat until problem is solved.

;)

Welshchris
20-10-2011, 18:36
Why are you just using the forums? The standard practise for anyone is to call a company and speak to them about a problem

what do u think i have done hence the reply from indian call centers stating cannot find a problem.

Milambar
20-10-2011, 19:49
Have you done the "fix my fault" ritual correctly?

You will need to find a timeslot where you have a lot of time to spare.

Step one: Dial 151.
Step two: Work through the (seemingly) endless menus, and announcements.
Step three(a): If you hear an Indian accent, hang up and begin at step one again.
Step three(b): If you hear a British accent of any form, celebrate, you're home and dry.

Mick Fisher
20-10-2011, 20:10
Have you done the "fix my fault" ritual correctly?

You will need to find a timeslot where you have a lot of time to spare.

Step one: Dial 151.
Step two: Work through the (seemingly) endless menus, and announcements.
Step three(a): If you hear an Indian accent, hang up and begin at step one again.
Step three(b): If you hear a British accent of any form, celebrate, you're home and dry.
Good advice, so long as you don't go insane while working through the (seemingly) endless menus, and announcements. :D

On the other hand you might try "Thinking Of Leaving Us".

Welshchris
21-10-2011, 04:39
or i could just ring up their chief execs office when i have time and tell them to pull a finger out and actually get their departments to talk to one another if its not to much hassle.

RB2004
23-10-2011, 11:24
fix it yourself :)

lol

I had 3 engineers down, numerous telephone arguments and nobody would acknowledge a problem.. in the end I had to log a TV fault, 3rd engineer came down, got networks down who managed to fix the pit.

then I ended up fixing the cabling inside the house at my own cost just to get it right.

octatonic
23-10-2011, 11:28
As far as I can see, you don't.
The only solution is put up with dreadful service until your contract runs out and then go elsewhere.