PDA

View Full Version : Getting a re-pull

wazz
07-10-2011, 14:15
so am getting a Repull in a month

So the vm engineer came down my house fixed my fault and said the cables need changing. and explained y. he said he will arrange everything. So he got in his van phoned virgin media and arranged it. I also asked if it's free. And he yes it's free.*

The vm engineer gav me his name and number. And said if vm don't ring by tonight. He said ring me 2moro and I'll sort it.*
Wat nice guy that was :D

So 2 hours later. Virgin media phone me and they said I need a repull. I asked wat will they do and they said cable work outside the house for all the services I use. I then asked will they work in the house and the guy said am not sure. I asked again is it free and will they charge. The guy on the phone said it's free and there will b no charge.*

Then we arranged time and date for the repull day

Any heads up or anything i shud look out for ? :D

Milambar
07-10-2011, 14:31
I had a repull 2 years ago (maybe 3, can't remember the exact date). All they do is pull the old cable out, and push a new (thicker) one through.

There was a complication in my case, British Gas had crushed the conduit at the top of the road, when they fitted a new gas main. I had to wait about 2 months for an engineering team to replace that section of the conduit. Once that was done, the new cable was pulled through in minutes.

All I will suggest is that you keep an eye on them if they decide to run a new green conduit through your garden. They have a tendancy Ive noticed, to only bury them an inch or two below ground, which means they can get spiked while gardening.

wazz
07-10-2011, 14:46
I had a repull 2 years ago (maybe 3, can't remember the exact date). All they do is pull the old cable out, and push a new (thicker) one through.

There was a complication in my case, British Gas had crushed the conduit at the top of the road, when they fitted a new gas main. I had to wait about 2 months for an engineering team to replace that section of the conduit. Once that was done, the new cable was pulled through in minutes.

All I will suggest is that you keep an eye on them if they decide to run a new green conduit through your garden. They have a tendancy Ive noticed, to only bury them an inch or two below ground, which means they can get spiked while gardening.

Wow thnx for the reply. Sorry but I had ask was the repull free or did they charge u

Has for the green conduit. My neighbor has virgin media they got that green conduit :D
My cable wire is dug very nicely in 1-3 foot

Milambar
07-10-2011, 15:08
Why do you keep asking about charging?

I see a number of people who work for VM have already told you that VM don't charge for things relating to fault rectification.

No, I wasn't charged.

Peter_
07-10-2011, 15:22
Wow thnx for the reply. Sorry but I had ask was the repull free or did they charge u

I have had 2 repulls and both were free.

weesteev
07-10-2011, 15:25
There is no charge for a repull as its a service job to repair a (perceived) fault with the drop cable.

wazz
07-10-2011, 15:37
I have had 2 repulls and both were free.

2 repulls. May I ask y u had repull 2 times

Peter_
07-10-2011, 15:41
2 repulls. May I ask y u had repull 2 times
First one was chopped with a spade by me but it was not in a green shielded sheath nor was it deep enough, and the second time we removed our front garden wall and the engineer had drilled through a brick rather than route under it and the cable was cut again, both repaired temporarily and then repulled.

danielf
07-10-2011, 15:54
I wonder if they will charge for the repull...

The Installer
07-10-2011, 16:43
the second time the engineer had drilled through a brick rather than route under it

Drop cables are always drilled through a brick normally, if there is one there of course. Are you suggesting that the tech who installed your property should have somehow managed to run your drop cable under the footings for your front wall? :rolleyes:

If so i would like to know how you expect them to do such things without the necessary equipment :erm:

Don't forget you would need construction for every such install as the footpath would require some digging, which as i'm sure you already know, techs are not allowed to touch ;)

Peter_
07-10-2011, 18:56
Drop cables are always drilled through a brick normally, if there is one there of course. Are you suggesting that the tech who installed your property should have somehow managed to run your drop cable under the footings for your front wall? :rolleyes:

If so i would like to know how you expect them to do such things without the necessary equipment :erm:

Don't forget you would need construction for every such install as the footpath would require some digging, which as i'm sure you already know, techs are not allowed to touch ;)
We have access points at the front like water main covers that the repair team claimed should have been cut under the wall as we only have tarmac pavements so they must have got that wrong, only repeating what the repair team told me.

wazz
07-10-2011, 19:38
hey guys if i change my mind.
Am i aloud to cancel the Repull
Will i get charged if cancel the repull

Digital Fanatic
07-10-2011, 19:49

You won't be charged for anything, please stop asking that question!

Peter_
07-10-2011, 20:01
How many times do you need to be told that it is

FREE OF CHARGE

wazz
07-10-2011, 20:14
@ digital fanatic and masque read that post again

Peter_
07-10-2011, 20:31
You need the repull because you have a fault so if you cancel the fault will not go away.

So what do you want a service that is faulty but you continue to pay for it.

Or a service that is working because you had the repull done.

It is your choice but a repull is only booked if required so to cancel it would be rather silly don't you think.

Chrysalis
07-10-2011, 20:33
Funny how VM dont have issues doing repulls yet BT do everything possible to avoid swapping cables including threatening silly charges.

This part of the service VM are light years ahead of BT.

MovedGoalPosts
07-10-2011, 20:45
An explanation for some of the need for repulls may be in the grade of cable actually used between the cabinet and home. Certainly back in the 1990s when my house was first cabled I was told they used RG6. After a few years Cable and Wirless having taken over Nyne decided the cable was at fault (I always had terrible interference on one of the Sky Movies analogue channels). A repull using RG11 cable fixed it.

broadbandking
07-10-2011, 20:59
You must be far away from the cab then Rob,hence they used the thicker option RG11.

wazz
07-10-2011, 22:01
You need the repull because you have a fault so if you cancel the fault will not go away.*

So what do you want a service that is faulty but you continue to pay for it.

Or a service that is working because you had the repull done.

It is your choice but a repull is only booked if required so to cancel it would be rather silly don't you think.

I havnt got any faults. The engineer came 2day my house and fixed the broadband fault. When he came back from the cabinet. He said the cables I hav r old and need replacing wit new ones. The nice gentleman also arranged the repull when he got in his van.

Also I wanted ask this:
Why get the repull even tho all my virgin media services are working fine?

danielf
07-10-2011, 22:11
Da keebles u has is auld. Da man saids it 2 u. U needs da repull wit new ones. Itsa gonna £££ 4 the cancel.

Sirius
07-10-2011, 22:19
Da keebles u has is auld. Da man saids it 2 u. U needs da repull wit new ones. Itsa gonna £££ 4 the cancel.

:LOL:

SnoopZ
07-10-2011, 23:16
Wazz how old are you? Your posts are driving me crazy!!!

I had a repull last week as my power levels were -6dBmV and that is the best the engineer could get them as they were originally -12dBmV where i was getting huge amounts of packet lose which you can see from the graph below, the cable was replaced for a far thicker 1 and a 3dB FPA added to the back of my modem and my power levels are now 0.5dBmV and with an ok looking graph i think.

Just make sure they check your levels before leaving!

Before cable replaced
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/11ba3cc6a47f46dd7272c3604354b827-19-09-2011.png

After cable replaced
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/7c249bf059e7190cedbf21db7ffaf8a3-06-10-2011.png

p.s i was charged £49 for a repull.................. kidding it was FREE of course. :)

Foo Fighter
07-10-2011, 23:33
nothing is free check your bill :shocked:

Digital Fanatic
07-10-2011, 23:40

Yes and I answered your question. All fault related call-outs from VM are free, gratis, nada.

Peter_
08-10-2011, 05:56
The people to believe are the recognised staff members no one else as oddly enough we are in the know.

wazz
08-10-2011, 08:29
Thnx for the reply guys
But no1 awnsered this

jb66
08-10-2011, 08:36
Maybe they are borderline fine, what's your modem stats?

Peter_
08-10-2011, 08:44
Thnx for the reply guys
But no1 awnsered this

Because after going out to your property they ascertained that the best way to fix your issue was to do a repull.

Kymmy
08-10-2011, 08:48
Thnx for the reply guys
But no1 awnsered this

From what you've posted about the reason for the repull it would suggest that the cable is getting old and old cable could have water ingress, be brittle with age or might have been chopped off that many times that it's stretched to hell.

Think of it this way.. If you have an old car that's been repaired many, many times.. No matter how many times you repair it it'll run inefficiently and is likely to break down again. Where as if you replace it with a new car it's going to be a lot more reliable.

To answer your other questions.. a repull shouldn't take long (you might be off-line for an hour or two and will not cost you anything.. In fact I wonder whether the repull will be on your account as a fault or just put down as needed maintenance on the system, in that case you probably couldn't cancel it if you tried...(it would be like you trying to stop the council relaying your road.. you might not think you need it but it's gonna be done anyway.)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vmfriend
08-10-2011, 16:29
Some of you guys have the patience of a saint :-)

Kymmy
08-10-2011, 16:37
It's a prerequisite for being a CF team member ;)

Sirius
08-10-2011, 16:54
It's a prerequisite for being a CF team member ;)

:tu:

Welshchris
08-10-2011, 17:00
so am getting a Repull in a month

So the vm engineer came down my house fixed my fault and said the cables need changing. and explained y. he said he will arrange everything. So he got in his van phoned virgin media and arranged it. I also asked if it's free. And he yes it's free.*

The vm engineer gav me his name and number. And said if vm don't ring by tonight. He said ring me 2moro and I'll sort it.*
Wat nice guy that was :D

So 2 hours later. Virgin media phone me and they said I need a repull. I asked wat will they do and they said cable work outside the house for all the services I use. I then asked will they work in the house and the guy said am not sure. I asked again is it free and will they charge. The guy on the phone said it's free and there will b no charge.*

Then we arranged time and date for the repull day

Any heads up or anything i shud look out for ? :D

if ur living in a flat or housing association property and they may need to take up flagstones or dig grass then u would first need their permission.

if VM were to do this without their permission u could find urself in deep deep waters.

The reason i know this is back a year or so ago i was told i may have needed a repull and to do so they would have needed to dig up a piece of the lawn at the side of the building and they couldnt have done it without permission from the housing associations permission in writing.

AndyCalling
09-10-2011, 01:08
nothing is free check your bill :shocked:

Very good point. No, repulls are not free of charge, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Repair work is inclusive as part of your rental fee though. It can be said to be free of additional charge.

I hear that VM do lay on an additional charge if you fail to be there to allow the engineer access after arranging to be in. From what I hear though, if the VM engineer does not turn up as arranged but you take a day off work and are in this does not go both ways. You get no payment.

VM may charge you if it turns out your non-VM supplied equipment is causing the problem, so always check by removing any router of yours and connect the modem/hub directly to your PC, then swap out your PC for another one to double check. If it is a phone issue swap to another phone and connect directly to the socket. If it is a TV thing connect a second TV directly to your VM box. In all cases, always swap out any cables supplied by yourself (such as HDMI, scart, phone or ethernet cables that were not provided by VM).

If you have opened, adjusted or messed with any VM supplied equipment which then causes a fault you may be charged for its replacement.

I think that is all there is to the fee thing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

This is sight better than BT OpenReach who have a habit of changing phone socket face plates unnessarily and then laying a fee on you, or claiming all sorts of things that may result in them getting their hands on your wonga. Most (all?) ADSL providers use OpenReach though I imagine Sky may not as they have their own team of engineers to install TV equipment.

By contrast VM have a good team, in general. They have always been great when I've had to use them. Honest to a man, and they are all men as far as I have seen. Not very equality act proof but fine for getting the job done well.

Peter_
09-10-2011, 06:45
Very good point. No, repulls are not free of charge, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Repair work is inclusive as part of your rental fee though. It can be said to be free of additional charge.

I hear that VM do lay on an additional charge if you fail to be there to allow the engineer access after arranging to be in.
How many times do we have to state that the is no charge even if you are not in.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confus ed::confused:

Do please remember who actually works for the company and if you go back over just this thread it has been stated multiple times by many verified staff that the is no charge.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::co nfused::confused:

Kymmy
09-10-2011, 07:25
As far as the not being charged for a missed appointment that is a new change in policy so you should forgive the many people who won't yet know or are getting confused by recent contradictory information.

Peter_
09-10-2011, 09:20
As far as the not being charged for a missed appointment that is a new change in policy so you should forgive the many people who won't yet know or are getting confused by recent contradictory information.
It has been said in this thread though.

Though Wazz does have a third thread on the subject http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33681704-do-virgin-media-charge-if-u.html#post35312501

Kymmy
09-10-2011, 09:26
It's been said in lots of thread.. Doesn't mean to say that everyone has read it or have taken notice nor does it mean that if you keep repeating it that they will take notice.

@OP.. you've been given all the information you've asked for..

Peter_
09-10-2011, 09:43
It's been said in lots of thread.. Doesn't mean to say that everyone has read it or have taken notice nor does it mean that if you keep repeating it that they will take notice.

I know that hence myself and other staff members continue to reiterate it.:)

Milambar
09-10-2011, 15:18

Dear lord, don't confuse the guy please. :banghead:

AndyCalling
09-10-2011, 17:15
Ok, ok, I have read and absorbed the new policy now. No additional charge for missed appointments. Nice one. All inclusive in the monthly rental.

wazz
12-10-2011, 09:19
Hey guys I am thinkin of callin 150 virgin media to cancel the re pull.

Reasons why I am thinking of cancelling the re pull:
1: all my virgin media services work fine
2: no need for a re pull and go through the hassle

Ok guys and girls any thoughts or advice on this :D

SnoopZ
12-10-2011, 16:37

You really make life hard for yourself and the rest of us in this thread!

Virginmedia says you need a repull so get that nice shiny new cable installed and do not cancel! A week before my repull my connection improved but i now have a thicker better cable installed and my power levels are the best they have ever been as well as my download speed, ping and jitter.

Sirius
12-10-2011, 16:43

If i say this 3 times i hope i will be back in the real world

I must resist feeding, I must resist feeding, I must resist feeding

Maggy
12-10-2011, 17:03
I suggest that we leave him to make up his own mind..There are plenty of other people needing help here..;)

SnoopZ
12-10-2011, 17:04
As long as he doesn't come back in 3 months moaning that his internet isn't working! ;)

Maggy
12-10-2011, 17:08
Then you just ignore him..he has had good advice and if he refuses to take it that's that.;)

Sirius
12-10-2011, 17:33
Then you just ignore him..he has had good advice and if he refuses to take it that's that.;)

:clap:

Skie
12-10-2011, 20:14
I think he's pulling something and it isnt coax.

hjf288
12-10-2011, 21:28
Aye was gonna say, you guys are getting trolled hard

Sirius
13-10-2011, 06:51
Aye was gonna say, you guys are getting trolled hard

wazz
13-10-2011, 10:37
When virgin media com to do the re pull wil they do it extacly like everything was done before.

I mean for example:
where all cable wires installed inside the house
Outside the house where the box is
Outside the house where the cable is dug under grass

MovedGoalPosts
13-10-2011, 11:35
It is unlikely they need to disturb anything inside the house. A repull is the cable from the street cabinet to the box on the outside of your house.

In most cases they can use the existing ducting hose already laid under your garden. Sometimes that has deteriorated and has to be renewed in which case they would need to dig a slit in the garden for a renewed duct, same as if it were a completely new install.

There seems to be a lot of unnecessary fuss here. If the techs have decided there is a need for a repull, get it done. Services may be working now, but are probably on the edge of a precipice and you don't want them to fail at a critical time because you were faffing around and not wanting it to happen.

sgtsixpack
14-10-2011, 15:36
So is there a charge if they deem it necessary to treat it like its a new install due to damage to the existing duct?:erm:

SnoopZ
14-10-2011, 15:47
So is there a charge if they deem it necessary to treat it like its a new install due to damage to the existing duct?:erm:

No charge, and it is not treated like a new install, it is a repair and as long as the damage isn't done my the customer then it is all free.

wazz
15-10-2011, 11:21
It is unlikely they need to disturb anything inside the house. A repull is the cable from the street cabinet to the box on the outside of your house.

In most cases they can use the existing ducting hose already laid under your garden. Sometimes that has deteriorated and has to be renewed in which case they would need to dig a slit in the garden for a renewed duct, same as if it were a completely new install.

There seems to be a lot of unnecessary fuss here. If the techs have decided there is a need for a repull, get it done. Services may be working now, but are probably on the edge of a precipice and you don't want them to fail at a critical time because you were faffing around and not wanting it to happen.

Thnx for info. But am confused

On the day virgin media rang me bout the re pull

1st call
They said they will do cable work outside the house and inside the house. The guy was gona arrange the re pull date. But then the systems were down and said we will ring later

2nd call
They said there will b cable work outside the house. I asked wat bout inside the house. The guy said sorry here it says cable work outside the house

SnoopZ
15-10-2011, 16:24
There is no cable work inside the house for a repull, but an engineer will check your power levels from your modem inside the house and adjust when the work is completed.

wazz
16-10-2011, 00:11
There is no cable work inside the house for a repull, but an engineer will check your power levels from your modem inside the house and adjust when the work is completed.

Thnx for the reply

I hav 2 cables installed inside the house

Downstairs for virgin media tv
Upstairs for the virgin media broadband

On the re pull day. Shall I disconnect the cable wire from the modem and virgin media stb. I remember when the engineer came last time he connected the cable wire to his device thingy to check som thing

joglynne
16-10-2011, 11:20
wazz. you do not need to do anything. The only cable being re-pulled is the one outside of your house.

If the engineer needs anything disconnected inside your home he will do it himself, in fact your doing so could hinder him. Just let him get on with his job, and if you really feel the need to do something just put the kettle on and offer him a brew.

SnoopZ
16-10-2011, 15:39
Just to add, i had 2 vans and about 4 guys turn up for the repull, only 1 came in the house though to check the levels, make sure you get the levels checked before they go!

The whole process of repulling my cable and adjusting the levels took about 2hrs, although i was a fair way from the street cabinet.

thenry
16-10-2011, 18:31
you obviously haven't got experience dealing with BT, Sky or any other muppet ISP. if you've got an issue with them its your problem end of. they send a tiny electron through the network and tell you it works ignoring the capability or any other issue you may have.

accept the install of new cables and ask the guy to give your services a once over when hes done, power levels included.

Peter_
16-10-2011, 20:33
You do realise that this is more likely to be an elaborate windup by a skillful troll and I wonder if he lives in the Telford area.

Sirius
16-10-2011, 20:41
You do realise that this is more likely to be an elaborate windup by a skillful troll and I wonder if he lives in the Telford area.

marky
17-10-2011, 02:44
I was wondering if I need a repull as my upload is low and ping a tad high?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/10/23.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Sirius
17-10-2011, 07:03
I was wondering if I need a repull as my upload is low and ping a tad high?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/10/23.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Repulls and charges are dependant on how far under the bridge they go. ;) :)

Maggy
17-10-2011, 08:43
The OP has had his answers several times over.I see no reason for ANY further discussion.So I suggest that everyone moves along now..

wazz
17-10-2011, 14:33
The re pull is 2 weeks away

I am still havin thoughts on cancelling the re pull. How many days/week notice do u hav giv if u wana cancel the re pull

thenry
17-10-2011, 15:38
100 weeks notice so you now have no choice but to go ahead with it! you can alternatively cancel your VM services and move to Sky, BT which I think will satisfy you seeing as you have no interest in a company doing everything they can for you.

Sirius
17-10-2011, 16:47
100 weeks notice so you now have no choice but to go ahead with it! you can alternatively cancel your VM services and move to Sky, BT which I think will satisfy you seeing as you have no interest in a company doing everything they can for you.

Sorry your wrong it's 101 weeks with a incremental charge if you cancel within that time.

Peter_
17-10-2011, 17:09
Sorry your wrong it's 101 weeks with a incremental charge if you cancel within that time.
I thought the weeks also had to have a blue moon in them.

Maggy
17-10-2011, 19:35
Download Failed (1)

Now what did I say about further discussion?There is no real need to answer EVERY question or remark from the OP.

marky
17-10-2011, 21:55
http://incognitas.ghotihosted.com/med3d-maths.gif

Now what did I say about further discussion?There is no real need to answer EVERY question or remark from the OP.

Yes but he is unsure :D
Btw, Hi Coggy long time no see :)

wazz
17-10-2011, 22:58
Guys i am serious

Btw no1 answered this:
How many days/week notice do u hav giv if u wana cancel the re pull

marky
17-10-2011, 23:02
Guys i am serious

Btw no1 answered this:
Just phone them, they will be more than happy to not bother :D

Maggy
17-10-2011, 23:54
Guys i am serious

Btw no1 answered this:

Why not just phone VM and ask them seeing as you don't trust our answers.

When you have the answer let us know..

kwikbreaks
18-10-2011, 09:34
Guys i am serious

Btw no1 answered this:
Sorry if your reason is buried back in this monster thread but why would you want to cancel a re-pull?

They won't be doing it for their health - your existing cable must be shafted so it should improve your service.

It won't cost you anything.

It may or may nor require you there I suppose to check after it's completed but I imagine all the actual work will be outside and the wiring from your outside box to STB and modem won't need touching.

wazz
18-10-2011, 10:38
I trust all ur answers

Guys I think u all misunderstood me. I didnt say I wanted cancel the repull. I said I was havin thoughts of cancelling.

I jus wanted make sure and ask this:
How many days/week notice do u hav to give if u wana cancel the re pull

ferretuk
18-10-2011, 10:43
I trust all ur answers

Guys I think u all misunderstood me. I didnt say I wanted cancel the repull. I said I was havin thoughts of cancelling.

It's not your job to cancel - VM want to replace *their* cable at *their* cost. Nothing to do with you...

Peter_
18-10-2011, 12:33
I trust all ur answers

If you decide to cancel the repull thern you might as well cancel your services as you will not be getting the service that you are paying for.

This of course only really matters if you are genuine and not just being a troll.

Paul
18-10-2011, 14:44
The re pull is 2 weeks away

2 weeks and 1 day. ;)

jb66
18-10-2011, 14:52
Why is this thread still open?

thenry
18-10-2011, 15:02
to point customers content with a mediocre service in the direction of Sky, BT and the other muppet ISPs providing flaky services.

RB2004
18-10-2011, 16:50
I had to turn away 2 guys this afternoon who turned up to do a repull...

monday last week, 2 guys turned up to do a repull, found a blocked T and drove off.
Friday, 2 guys turned up, dug up the T, unblocked it, installed a new T then pulled the 2nd cable from the pit to the house and left it coiled up which was what I requested about a week and half just over previously when I had TiVo installed.

I then sorted out everything my end over the weekend, dug the green conduit deeper, run the cable through it and terminated inside the omni.

Then engineer came this morning at 9:30am and connected the new cable to the pit, was quite appreciative id saved him work lol as it only took him 5 minutes litterally and he could head off to his next job.

Everything running fine.

then this afternoon, 2 guys turned up saying they was down to do a repull... lol So I said, that a 2nd cable had already been pulled through on friday, and engineer came down this morning to connect.. and the other cable was perfectly fine already so no need to change... and off they went.

Telephone cable was damaged on the original cable, but there was a usable telephone cable on the new cable already pulled on friday... so just said to the engineer this morning to switch the telephone line from the original cable to the new one.. problem fixed, and no point pulling a new cable to replace the original cable for the sake of a telephone cable as that part of the cable is not being used now.

Dunno why though, they didnt have a job to do which gave them more time but 1 of the guys seemed a bit annoyed :S

Milambar
18-10-2011, 17:59
Maybe they get paid "per job"?

RB2004
18-10-2011, 18:06
true, they seemed pretty keen to dig up my garden. Forgot about that.

but the problem is they dont dig it deep enough and i didnt want to have to dig it all up again. ive dug it so far down to a depth of about 10" they said they dig down to 6" but in the past when they have dug into our garden, when we had it installed first time around in the 90's, then re-installed again in 2005 after a time away they dug up the garden on both occasions to install the green conduit for the drop cables.. but due to the hard ground they dont dig further than about 3" below the surface, its impossible to dig deeper without a pick axe or something the spade just dont dig in.. really clay type soil.. when I dug it out on the weekend I had to use an SDS Chisel to break up the ground.

So seeming as I had already dug over half way I just said i would finish it off.

lol maybe I should of let them replace the cable and be done with...no wonder they was a bit annoyed.. 1 guy even commented I can show you how to dig...

Not my fault though, its VM's cock up.

why book a pull of a 2nd cable for today, then send some guys out on friday to sort the T and pull a cable? then another engineer this morning to connect everything up when they knew 2 guys were booked to come out this afternoon.

thenry
18-10-2011, 18:19
@ Ignitionnet - I didn't say VM's services were flaky. I said BT and Sky were having had experience with them. everything seems to be your fault and nothing is remotely done to help you whereas VM do a considerable amount which is why I'm a fan of VM. those comments are valid because its well true and the sarcastic tone to the posts were down to the OP on some wind up.

wazz
18-10-2011, 22:15
Readin "RB2004" posts makes me wana cancel the re pull

Skie
18-10-2011, 22:23
Please do, then we call all laugh when they charge you.

Hugh
18-10-2011, 22:36
I trust all ur answers

How many days/week notice do u hav to give if u wana cancel the re pullAre you sure you weren't thinking about thinking about cancelling?

Because if you were (or weren't) thinking about thinking that, not thinking about that might mean thinking that you weren't thinking about thinking that, and I think we all know what we think that means....

ferretuk
18-10-2011, 22:36
Readin "RB2004" posts makes me wana cancel the re pull

Regretably it's too late - The road closure order will be in now and Pod 5 (The Mole) has been loaded into Thunderbird 2... It will cost serious money to stop them now!

If only you'd cancelled yesterday :shrug:

MovedGoalPosts
19-10-2011, 00:14
I think I've lost the will to live. I've certainly lost the will to continue reading this thread. :(

Wazz there is only so many ways you can ask the same question (although I suspect you may still have some more variants up your sleeve), and only so many ways the reply can be given. The choice of what to do has to be yours and yours alone. It's time you made up your mind.

wazz
19-10-2011, 00:50
I really love this site. I don't wana lose touch.

I don't know y som ppl r takin the Mick. There is no reason to

But none of u guys hav answered this:

Sirius
19-10-2011, 06:42
I really love this site. I don't wana lose touch.

I don't know y som ppl r takin the Mick. There is no reason to

You are the one taking the mick, you have no intention of doing anything else but continue this troll about a mythical re pull. I know people get there kicks in different ways but this is a new one on me :rolleyes:

Plus this mythical re pull should have been done by now ???

kwikbreaks
19-10-2011, 08:32
I think I've lost the will to live. I've certainly lost the will to continue reading this thread.
If you feel that way about it why don't you lock the thread?

Hugh
19-10-2011, 08:39
Because he was responding as a CF member, not as an Admin/Mod?

ferretuk
19-10-2011, 08:42

Nobody knows - ring Virgin and ask.

Clear enough for you?

Sirius
19-10-2011, 10:21
If you feel that way about it why don't you lock the thread?

I wish they would.

Maggy
19-10-2011, 10:26
This thread continues because people keep posting in it..

kwikbreaks
19-10-2011, 11:19
Well they should stop then :)

Nopanic
19-10-2011, 12:38
This thread continues because people keep posting in it..

cosmic

Maggy
19-10-2011, 12:47
We either post on topic or we don't post please.

wazz
27-10-2011, 10:02
I hav 2 more questions

1: When virgin media do the re pull will they also replace the virgin media box outside my house for a new one or will I keep the one is already there?

2: I bought myself a pair gardening gloves few days ago. Outside where the wires run along the Walls to the virgin media box. There's som bushes there. Do u think i shud clean it all up to make it easy for the virgin media guys when they do the re pull?

Maggy
27-10-2011, 11:08
I hav 2 more questions

1: When virgin media do the re pull will they also replace the virgin media box outside my house for a new one or will I keep the one is already there?

2: I bought myself a pair gardening gloves few days ago. Outside where the wires run along the Walls to the virgin media box. There's som bushes there. Do u think i shud clean it all up to make it easy for the virgin media guys when they do the re pull?

I've no idea.I suggest you phone Virgin Media.

kwikbreaks
27-10-2011, 11:40
> 1: When virgin media do the re pull will they also replace the virgin media box outside my house for a new one or will I keep the one is already there?

Maybe and maybe not. On balance probably not.

> 2: I bought myself a pair gardening gloves few days ago. Outside where the wires run along the Walls to the virgin media box. There's som bushes there. Do u think i shud clean it all up to make it easy for the virgin media guys when they do the re pull?

Were these green rubbery gloves or heavy duty leather ones?

wazz
28-10-2011, 22:33
There were 2 Virgin media guys outside my drive way 2day. They had this big massive Yellow round wire. One guy was near my house wit the big masive Yellow round wire doin somthing. The other guy was at the end of the street.

The re pull is 1 week away

Any ideas what the virgin media guys were doing?

Sirius
28-10-2011, 22:38

Checking the depth of the bridge supports

Maggy
28-10-2011, 23:06
Stay on topic please.

danielf
28-10-2011, 23:20
There were 2 Virgin media guys outside my drive way 2day. They had this big massive Yellow round wire. One guy was near my house wit the big masive Yellow round wire doin somthing. The other guy was at the end of the street.

They were scaring you, so you'd cancel, and have to pay. It's a well-known VM scam.

Peter_
29-10-2011, 06:14

Probably connecting a new customer.

Why is this thread still here.:rolleyes:

Sirius
29-10-2011, 07:42
NO WAY does a repull take this long

Peter_
29-10-2011, 07:42
NO WAY does a repull take this long
It depends what he is pulling.:D

Sirius
29-10-2011, 07:45
It depends what he is pulling.:D

indeed

Peter_
29-10-2011, 07:51
indeed
We both know what that is as well and it is not our leg.:rolleyes::D

wazz
03-11-2011, 14:31
Jus had the re pull. The 2 virgin media guys turned up early around 11:30am. They suppose to com between 1pm-6pm. I am glad they turned up early. I am also glad I didn't cancel the re pull.

All 3 of my virgin media services are working brilliant now touch wood :D

Ok this is wat they did
They done everything like it was done first
Dug up the grass with a spade to get old cable out. Then they put in the new cable under the grass. Then connected new cable to virgin media box outside my house. They didn't replace the virgin media box. There was no work inside the house. They took between 30 mins-40 mins.

Once they done everything. One of the virgin media guy said go check ur Internet and check for a dial tone on the house phone.

Pauls9
03-11-2011, 14:41
Did they bury the cable properly, in a duct?

thenry
03-11-2011, 14:58
did you check your power levels?

horseman
03-11-2011, 15:36
Big round "yellow" thing or medium round "green" crinkly thing?

wazz
03-11-2011, 16:05

Yes they buried the cable properly. But wat do u mean by duct?

did you check your power levels?

No. But everything works fine

Peter_
03-11-2011, 16:06
Jus had the re pull. The 2 virgin media guys turned up early around 11:30am. They suppose to com between 1pm-6pm. I am glad they turned up early. I am also glad I didn't cancel the re pull.

All 3 of my virgin media services are working brilliant now touch wood :D

I must say and I am shocked to hear that.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/12/10.gif

Pauls9
03-11-2011, 17:07
Yes they buried the cable properly. But wat do u mean by duct?
Big round "yellow" thing or medium round "green" crinkly thingIn other words, did they put the black cable directly in the ground or did they put it in a pipe (duct)?

wazz
03-11-2011, 17:48
In other words, did they put the black cable directly in the ground or did they put it in a pipe (duct)?

They put the black cable directly in the ground and at the end there's a green crinkly thing

Sirius
03-11-2011, 17:59
In other words, did they put the black cable directly in the ground or did they put it in a pipe (duct)?

Now you've gone and done it :LOL:

danielf
03-11-2011, 18:02
They put the black cable directly in the ground and at the end there's a green crinkly thing

They buried the cable about 2 inches deep right?

SnoopZ
03-11-2011, 22:58
And you didn't get them to check your levels?? Oh dear, that is 1 big fail!!!

wazz
04-11-2011, 13:35
Had a call from virgin media few hours ago. They asked 3 questions bout yesterday's re pull.

1st question
Question: were the virgin media guys polite?
Awnser: yup

2nd question
Question: Are all your services working?
Awnser: yup all services are workin fine

3rd question
Question: if u would rate them out of 10. How much wud u rate them ?
Awnser: 10 out of 10

vmfriend
04-11-2011, 18:02
Did they ask you how to spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Maggy
04-11-2011, 19:20
No more off topic posts.

wazz
04-11-2011, 23:11
No more off topic posts.

Is this post towards me

RB2004
04-11-2011, 23:37
They buried the cable about 2 inches deep right?

lol, heres a laugh

before when I had 2 guys turn up supposedly to do the 2nd cable pull that had already been done, and connected up the same morning.

because they had nothing else to do, they offered to continue digging the cable into the ground that I had already started digging in.

Said they dig 6"... but what I had done is deeper than they normally dig, as they dig 6"

got the tape out, and I had dug 6"

lol however the reason I had dug it deeper in the first place was because it was only like 2" below the surface.. 2" must be VMs version of 6"

Hugh
04-11-2011, 23:52
Is this post towards meIt is towards anyone posting off-topic.

danielf
05-11-2011, 00:00
It is towards anyone posting off-topic.

Can someone remind me what the topic is? I'm confused :confused:

Maggy
05-11-2011, 10:32
The topic is obvious if you read the thread title.

Anyone posting another off topic post will find it being removed and infractions may be issued.

Maggy
06-11-2011, 20:42
One off topic post removed.Keep to the topic.

MovedGoalPosts
06-11-2011, 22:21
I suspect nobody has anything else useful to contribute. So to save you all from yourselves. Thread Closed.