PDA

View Full Version : 30M upgrading superhub firmware?

Nicosia
03-10-2011, 09:36
hi all,

I am wondering when the time comes, how do I upgrade the superhub firmware? How can I even check that there is new firmware? I tried looking in 192.168.0.1 and I could not find anything for updating the firmware?

Also today my super hub randomly just reset its settings to default and there is me trying to reconnect with the changed password wondering why it was telling me the password was wrong until I decided to try with the old one (that luckily is written on the back of the hub).

Most the time it works fine but it does give me the odd bit of problem and I am hoping this fw update will fix what little problems it does decide to randomly give me

TIA

Mick Fisher
03-10-2011, 12:42
The superhub updates to new firmware automagically with a power cycle.

If you go into the html interface and select 'advanced settings' you will land on the 'superhub status' page. The current firmware version is is shown in 'software version'. Currently shown is 'V5.5.2R30' R30 is the current firmware.

thenry
03-10-2011, 14:10
check as Mike said. and is the SH anywhere near anything it could cause a problem? if not, you'll need a replacement sent out to you.

kwikbreaks
03-10-2011, 15:01
It could be a dodgy connection so it's worth checking the power levels (there's a sticky on that subject).

There were lots of reports of the SH resetting to defaults on the old firmware (but only apparently in forums as Masque never got many phone in faults about it at all). This could be the last blast from R26 as I'm assuming it will have updated to R30 when it came up again or a duff connection because I reckon the hub maybe does a full reset if it has to do frequent reconnections or possibly a duff unit. It could, of course, be none of those.

Chrysalis
03-10-2011, 15:58
I am still stuck on R29, it also stays on R29 even when I lower the power levels with attenuators.

kwikbreaks
03-10-2011, 16:10
R29? I'm guessing you must have been part of the firmware trial to have that one.

I recall you had a modem too - can you switch between the two or do you have to get whatever you want to use activated each time? I still have a Superhub and might be tempted to try it again if it is easy to swap back.

Nicosia
03-10-2011, 16:31
Thank you for your replies,

i just checked and it says this

Software Version V5.5.2R30.. maybe it installed itself today because the internet was down I think or it would not let me connect and I did power off the super hub for a while I pulled out the adaptor for 20 or so minutes because it would not connect thinking that would solve it, could that be why the settings decided to reset to default?

kwikbreaks
03-10-2011, 16:43
The firmware update should not have changed your settings. As I said earlier I think that the hub will do a complete system reset if it detects instability. With the older firmware that instablility was often caused by the memory leak they fixed. Now you are on the current firmware it may well be fine but checking the power levels is still probably worth your while (see the sticky).

Nicosia
03-10-2011, 16:54
thanks, Its the first time it has done that.. I do not know when the hub updated itself but hopefully now with the new firmware it will stop happening

Mick Fisher
03-10-2011, 19:27
If you bring up the Hub's html and browse to advanced settings/backup you will find the option to save your hub 's settings to some location of your choice.

Should you have a similar mishap you will be able to easily restore your lost settings from the backup.

Chrysalis
03-10-2011, 19:39
R29? I'm guessing you must have been part of the firmware trial to have that one.

I recall you had a modem too - can you switch between the two or do you have to get whatever you want to use activated each time? I still have a Superhub and might be tempted to try it again if it is easy to swap back.

yeah I was, since R29 has modem mode and I dont use wireless on it, not a big deal as the only difference between it and R30 is wireless code.

I can swap them at will but thats not normally allowed.

Nicosia
03-10-2011, 19:51
If you bring up the Hub's html and browse to advanced settings/backup you will find the option to save your hub 's settings to some location of your choice.

Should you have a similar mishap you will be able to easily restore your lost settings from the backup.

Thanks, I shall make sure I do this in case it happens again