PDA

View Full Version : Mobile broadband help please

i love virgin
28-09-2011, 19:31
I have got a new laptop running Vista and i have plugged my virgin mobile stick into it and for some reason it has not installed the virgin mobile stuff that it should do so can not get it to work.

when i have got the stick plugged into laptop i have tried to find it on there but can not see it.

on my old laptop when i plugged the stick in it just installed the software but for some reason it is not doing it on this one.

can i have some advice please with it.

thenry
28-09-2011, 22:57
have you called 0845 6000 789. not entirely sure whether thats the correct number but it is VM mobile broadband related.

adzii_nufc
28-09-2011, 23:21
Before ringing Virgin please do check if possible the device's capabilities on other machines to confirm it's still fully functional. If thats the case then the problem is the laptop which I'm sure we can sort out :)

i love virgin
29-09-2011, 02:50
Before ringing Virgin please do check if possible the device's capabilities on other machines to confirm it's still fully functional. If thats the case then the problem is the laptop which I'm sure we can sort out :)

Ive checked it on another Laptop which runs on XP and its working all ok but not on the Vista one.

adzii_nufc
29-09-2011, 03:05
Got a device ID? usually on the bottom

Also is it visible in device manager?

i love virgin
29-09-2011, 03:12
Got a device ID? usually on the bottom

Also is it visible in device manager?

Yep its a

one touch X220S-2HVRGB1 made by Alcatel

I have put it in and tried to get it working again and it started and the virgin box came up then went off and then got a error box come up saying

Runtime (-1:0)

cannot inport CHECK FOR MUTEXES

what does that mean?

Also when the stick is plugged into the laptop its showing in Device manager under disk drives.

adzii_nufc
29-09-2011, 03:19
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24872

Give that a shot.

then re-plug the usb in :)

Noting its a new laptop It never crossed me it might just be framework until the stated runtime error.

i love virgin
29-09-2011, 04:25
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24872

Give that a shot.

then re-plug the usb in :)

Noting its a new laptop It never crossed me it might just be framework until the stated runtime error.

I installed that what you gave me in link and put the usb in and still not worked and came up with the same message as before.

adzii_nufc
29-09-2011, 04:41
I've used Vista before and had my fair share of Runtime error's with easy resolve but never have I once came across ''cannot import CHECK FOR MUTEXES''

Its got me baffled as simple searches are bringing back nothing. I hope this is actually the error preventing it and not just something on the side non related.

Then that would leave bundles of other reasons.

How long have you had the dongle?

http://www.alcatel-mobilephones.com/downloads/ADSU/X220S-2XWOID3_PTS345.rar (Winrar needed)

Also locate the device in device manager and try updating driver.

These are the drivers they have listed on their website, may be worth a try but hopefully someone else can shed light on this.

Also could someone clarify what devices Virgin are sending out now for Mobile dongles to see if there is a possibility of an upgrade here?

First time venturing into the world of Mobile broadband :(

thenry
29-09-2011, 05:25
http://virginmobile.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/288

if the above doesn't work could you attempt this...

1. start > search box > regedit.exe, right click and run as administrator

2. find this and delete it:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}

close regedit

3. start menu > all programs > accessories > right click on command prompt and run as administrator

4. pin point which version your using below* and follow the instructions beneath..

if your running 32-bit version:
type cd %windir%\system32 into command prompt, press enter

if your running 64-bit version:
type cd %windir%\syswow64 into command prompt, press enter

* click start > right click computer > properties.

5. type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into command prompt, press enter