PDA

View Full Version : 50M Superhub From VM

Berbatov
17-09-2011, 17:38
I upgraded to 50Mb last week, but I am still waiting for the delivery of my superhub. I called VM and they said I would need to call HDNL who are supposed to deliver my superhub. After I called them they said that my superhub had been 'delivered' (when it hasn't), but their is 'no signature', so they are going to interview the driver.

I have checked the reviews for HDNL and a lot of people have said that they have had similar problems as me, where the tracking number says 'delivered' but they actually have not received it.

Now what do I need to do - keep calling HDNL or call VM???

Why do VM use such a [Mod Edit - do not use asterisks to avoid invoking the swear filter] courier company???

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Nobody got any advice for me. :(

jb66
17-09-2011, 19:52
I'm not sure how this has came around, 50meg should be an engineer install only. I'd call vm and get it booked in properly

Berbatov
17-09-2011, 20:28
I'm not sure how this has came around, 50meg should be an engineer install only. I'd call vm and get it booked in properly

The guy from the call center (a call to India) said that I would have to "wait 2-3 days for the superhub" and then I would need call in to activate the hub.

Sephiroth
17-09-2011, 23:16
I upgraded to 50Mb last week, but I am still waiting for the delivery of my superhub. I called VM and they said I would need to call HDNL who are supposed to deliver my superhub. After I called them they said that my superhub had been 'delivered' (when it hasn't), but their is 'no signature', so they are going to interview the driver.

I have checked the reviews for HDNL and a lot of people have said that they have had similar problems as me, where the tracking number says 'delivered' but they actually have not received it.

Now what do I need to do - keep calling HDNL or call VM???

Why do VM use such a [Mod Edit - do not use asterisks to avoid invoking the swear filter] courier company???
---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Nobody got any advice for me. :(
Maybe because they share the same Atlantic Pavilion in Liverpool. (Well they do even if maybe not).

Skie
18-09-2011, 00:46
HDNL are so bad they have started to rebrand themselves to avoid the stigma of the crappy brand. They are now Yodel.

They could have tried to improve their service but I guess a re-brand is cheaper.

Sephiroth
18-09-2011, 01:16
HDNL are so bad they have started to rebrand themselves to avoid the stigma of the crappy brand. They are now Yodel.

They could have tried to improve their service but I guess a re-brand is cheaper.

That's because they merge depots under a single brand, cutting costs and duplication. Yodel (according to their web site) is the former domestic business of DHL (sold off to HDNL).

Maybe VM should do what Amazon do and that is to pool their deliveries across different courier companies. Perhaps VM's SHs are warehoused at Yodel.

Welshchris
18-09-2011, 02:05
Who are HDNL?

Everything ive ever had delivered here since 2008 since i moved here from Virgin have been delivered by UPS. Ive had 2 routers, atleast 2 modems and a Wireless Dongle all UPS.

Sephiroth
18-09-2011, 09:58
Home Delivery Network Limited - being rebranded YODEL.

They delivered my DIR-615 (which is now on the BT Infinity circuit replacing the ridiculous Homehub 2).

I've got circuit problems right now - what's the betting I'll be given a SH (which won't fix the problem which I'm certain is further up the chain). One of the huge problems with the SH for techies like myself and a few others is that the uncorrectable codeword count has been suppressed by VM (or more correctly before I get pounced on by you-know-who, the uncorrectable codeword count display was not specified by VM for the SH firmware).

Sirius
18-09-2011, 10:04
Who are HDNL?

Everything ive ever had delivered here since 2008 since i moved here from Virgin have been delivered by UPS. Ive had 2 routers, atleast 2 modems and a Wireless Dongle all UPS.

Yep the 20 meg modem that the fantastic tech support in India :rolleyes: sent me to replace my 50 meg modem was delivered by ups. A local tech delivered my shub because tech support in India failed to do there job correctly.

Peter_
18-09-2011, 11:38
Maybe because they share the same Atlantic Pavilion in Liverpool. (Well they do even if maybe not).
Only the technical support arm is in our building.;)

Ignitionnet
18-09-2011, 12:01
Yep the 20 meg modem that the fantastic tech support in India :rolleyes: sent me to replace my 50 meg modem was delivered by ups. A local tech delivered my shub because tech support in India failed to do there job correctly.

UK support sent me a 20Mb modem to replace my VMNG300 in the old place :p:

qasdfdsaq
18-09-2011, 12:31
(or more correctly before I get pounced on by you-know-who, the uncorrectable codeword count display was not specified by VM for the SH firmware).
Along with other useful information such as mini slot size.

Ignitionnet
18-09-2011, 13:05
I've got circuit problems right now - what's the betting I'll be given a SH (which won't fix the problem which I'm certain is further up the chain). One of the huge problems with the SH for techies like myself and a few others is that the uncorrectable codeword count has been suppressed by VM (or more correctly before I get pounced on by you-know-who, the uncorrectable codeword count display was not specified by VM for the SH firmware).

It's not in the stock firmware either.

Peter_
18-09-2011, 15:08
UK support sent me a 20Mb modem to replace my VMNG300 in the old place :p:
It was usually offshore who did that and it did get to be rather annoying to say the least or switch customers to 50Mb while on a standard modem, oh the fun we had.:D

Nopanic
19-09-2011, 08:30

In English ?

Sephiroth
19-09-2011, 11:03
VM (Support) and HDNL share AP in Liverpool. That much is true even if there is no connection between that and the HDNL delivery contract.

Chrysalis
20-09-2011, 18:51

yeah scan use them as well.

When I had my superhub delivered it came on time.

But when I ordered from scan the service was poor and late, it was only 2 hours late probably thanks to me chasing it up ringing the depot etc. else it probably would have been much later.

Skie
21-09-2011, 00:46
yeah scan use them as well.

When I had my superhub delivered it came on time.

But when I ordered from scan the service was poor and late, it was only 2 hours late probably thanks to me chasing it up ringing the depot etc. else it probably would have been much later.

Scan actually use DPD now, who I have never had any issues with (touch wood, got a new GFX card coming tomorrow from Scan). DPD actually text you in the morning with a 1 hour window of when they will deliver, which is pretty good.

Chrysalis
21-09-2011, 07:57
Scan actually use DPD now, who I have never had any issues with (touch wood, got a new GFX card coming tomorrow from Scan). DPD actually text you in the morning with a 1 hour window of when they will deliver, which is pretty good.

Ok its DPD I am thinking off, apologies for the error.

I know because I remember been excited about getting the 1 hour window, and I never got the 1 hour window.

I ordered pre noon delivery.

All I got was about 11am loaded onto van (which seemed late for a noon delivery.) and then nothing no update et.c until 12.30pm when I rang them, they then gave me the drivers mobile and I got him to come here at 1pm. there was never a 1 hour window given to me.

Skie
21-09-2011, 14:13
I think I've spoken too soon!

Parcel was shipped by scan on the 20th, and this morning it arrived at the DPD 'local depot' in, er, West London. Looks like next day has become next next day. :(

Chrysalis
21-09-2011, 16:21
problem seems to be widespread across various courier companies that cant honour next day deliveries.

Berbatov
22-09-2011, 12:52
HDNL have now told VM that they have lost my superhub, because one of their depots has closed down, so VM are now going to send me another one.

HDNL is a ---- (fill in the missing letters) company...