PDA

View Full Version : Bush HD Freesat box no signal

DenLo
04-09-2011, 19:20
Hi All,
Can someone help us please. Bought a Bush HD Freesat box from Argos yesterday. Full of excitement thought it was a great deal, so many channels. Alas no joy so far. We already have a satellite dish installed left by previous owner of the house. We have been using Freeview. Followed instructions, Freesat screen appeared on tv screen, 1st instalation page step 1, 0% signal strength. Thought ok must be sat dish out of position, climbed onto roof great way to spend sat afternoon, great view! Anyway no joy. Found that if I press blue button on remote which activates search, the box changes to post code entry, then pass word, then start up loading tv and radio channels. Got 138 tv channels 39 radio. Pressed watch tv and tv changed to BBC1 however picture and sound awful all other channels say no signal. Bought a signal finder today from good old Argos. Whistle sound when first connected nearly gave me a heart attack! turned led's down to 2 three on. Climbed back onto roof, hey with mobile this time while my wife watched the signal finder. To be honest dish wasn't out by much but managed to improve signal slightly. Back to Bush set up, after all my gymnastics on the roof, back to 1st installation page still says no signal with still only BBC1 showing very poorly. Any idea please much appreciated, or should I send for an engineer, could it be the new Bush Freesat box? Thanks in anticipation.

MikeGracia
09-10-2011, 20:47
Hi All,
Can someone help us please. Bought a Bush HD Freesat box from Argos yesterday. Full of excitement thought it was a great deal, so many channels. Alas no joy so far. We already have a satellite dish installed left by previous owner of the house. We have been using Freeview. Followed instructions, Freesat screen appeared on tv screen, 1st instalation page step 1, 0% signal strength. Thought ok must be sat dish out of position, climbed onto roof great way to spend sat afternoon, great view! Anyway no joy. Found that if I press blue button on remote which activates search, the box changes to post code entry, then pass word, then start up loading tv and radio channels. Got 138 tv channels 39 radio. Pressed watch tv and tv changed to BBC1 however picture and sound awful all other channels say no signal. Bought a signal finder today from good old Argos. Whistle sound when first connected nearly gave me a heart attack! turned led's down to 2 three on. Climbed back onto roof, hey with mobile this time while my wife watched the signal finder. To be honest dish wasn't out by much but managed to improve signal slightly. Back to Bush set up, after all my gymnastics on the roof, back to 1st installation page still says no signal with still only BBC1 showing very poorly. Any idea please much appreciated, or should I send for an engineer, could it be the new Bush Freesat box? Thanks in anticipation.

Do you know how strong your signal 'should' be from your area?

You can use a free signal checker, like this: [ADMIN EDIT: third party link removed]
It says it's for Freeview, but it also works for SD channels ;)

Maybe check there, and then report back here with your Transmitter, and signal strength?

Kymmy
09-10-2011, 21:15
Hi All,

Do you have a local friend with a working sky system? If you do then just try your box on their dish.. Set it up and then take it home.

You may find that the coax/connectors on your dish might be old/corroded/water ingress that is effecting the signal.. or the dish could be pointing towards another sat.. At very least if you test it out and set it up at a friends you'll know that the box works and will help in swetting up your dish as you'll know instantly when it's pointing in the right direction :D

lordbarron
01-02-2012, 14:33
Hi there, i've alos had this problem.

From what I've tested so far

two Bush HD boxes tested
Checked cabling - wiring is fine, tested for breaks in the cable
LNB replaced
LNB ports 1-4 tested (on both lnb)
Used dishpointer to locate astra 28.8E satellite
Also copied direction of other dishes (same as above)

I have at no point trying all the combinations managed to get even 1% signal

I've bought a standard sky dish and fitted myself inline with everyone elses on my street. Although I haven't finely tuned the angles of the dish I would fully expect at least 1% signal given it closely reflects the dishes in proximitety to mine.

Surely I havent bought two faulty lnbs or recievers?

What else can I check?

nodrogd
01-02-2012, 19:00
If you are having trouble setting up a satellite dish, this website may be of help. It's meant for caravan owners, but the principles are the same. Dish alignment is dealt with in section 3.

FREESAT Equipment setup (http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/freesatmain.htm)

SKY Equipment setup (http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/skymain.htm)