PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Freeview channels

doubledecker
05-08-2011, 10:18
Hi Guys,

Newby here. I have a query regarding my Panasonic Viera TX32LMD70N with built in Freeview. All digital channels had disappeared yesterday evening, just analogue available. I went to the TV menu and rescanned all the channels, this looked to be working fine as it completed both the digital and analogue scans and listed the digital channels as it was finding them. However on completion of the scan there were still only analogue channels available. We have BT Vision and can still access all the freeview channels this way so its no big deal. Is it safe to assume the built in Freeview on the TV is kaput ? Thanks guys

Kymmy
05-08-2011, 10:23
Could be an issue with the transmitter.. which transmitter are you near (or give the postcode of a local street (not your own)

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Moved to FREESAT forum

doubledecker
05-08-2011, 10:34
Hi Kymmy,

Thanks for the reply

I am in Sheffield. Local postcode would be S7 1GY

Kymmy
05-08-2011, 10:41
Doing a google there have been one or two reports of problems with the transmitter in the run up to the digital switchover on the 24th Aug..

Also something I have noticed on a few other TV/STB's is that when they start messing about wit the systems a rescan isn't always the way to go, instead a full reser (factory settings) will often cure the problem.. Can I suggest you try that just to make sure

doubledecker
05-08-2011, 10:56
I did actually do the factory reset option, sorry for duff information earlier in the thread. The bit that puzzled me is that it did seem to pick up the channels as it scanned , but was not able to actually view them, The TV seemed to default to analogue every time I sweitched it on, tried to remedy this by forcing it to digital by way of the relevant TV menu setting but with no luck. You may be right about the transmitter problem but I think that usually just shows up as "no signal" when you try to access the channels. I don't even get that. Thanks for your help

Dai
05-08-2011, 12:34
I think the switchover from analogue to digital is not going quite as smoothly as hoped. A couple of my neighbours have reported freeview channels coming and going over the last few days. I think we're looking at Belmont transmitter but possibly others are having the same issues.

devilincarnate
05-08-2011, 14:42
Here is the switchover for the Yorkshire region

http://www.freeview.co.uk/Switchover/Yorkshire

This may help you?

Sheffield Transmitter
Serves the Sheffield area
The switchover process will start on 10 August 2011 and complete on 24 August 2011

nodrogd
06-08-2011, 13:56
I did actually do the factory reset option, sorry for duff information earlier in the thread. The bit that puzzled me is that it did seem to pick up the channels as it scanned , but was not able to actually view them, The TV seemed to default to analogue every time I sweitched it on, tried to remedy this by forcing it to digital by way of the relevant TV menu setting but with no luck. You may be right about the transmitter problem but I think that usually just shows up as "no signal" when you try to access the channels. I don't even get that. Thanks for your help

You're right about that. If no channels are found it should then give you the option to check your aerial and re-scan, or to perfom manual tuning. If it's locking on and storing channels these should appear on the EPG, and even if a channel is not broadcasting it would show on the screen as "no service" when that channel is selected. I'm wondering if the set needs the software re-loading.

I had a problem a couple of years back where my Pan TV would get stuck on Freeview BBC1 and refuse to select another channel, although it would go onto analogue without any bother. Set was under guarantee and a TV tech came and reloaded the software. No problems since.

Central
07-08-2011, 22:25
This is a good site to check for issues as people can comment to. So might be worth a look through the comments to see if anyone else is having issues

http://www.ukfree.tv/shutdowndetail.php?tx=SK324870

I set it for your transmitter