PDA

View Full Version : Why won't they let me pay?

Topgun
30-06-2011, 17:59
Hi.
I have been following this thread to see when my area (Bromley) would finally get caller display. then, oh joy of joys, it finally happens, so I rang last week and was up and running within a couple of hours. Brilliant!
Whilst I was on the phone to VM, I enquired about the option of adding a plan to include 0870/0845 etc. numbers. (I haven't been fortunate enough to be included in the free offer, but seeing as I was fortunate enough to have been given a free TiVo I thought it would be churlish to moan).
The lady on the phone talked me through the Talk 08 £2 and Talk 08 £5 options, so I said I would look through my recent bills and decide if it was worth it for me.
This I did, and decided it would be worth it for me to go onto the Talk 08 £5 option. So, I rang back and was told by a different operator that "those options weren't available to me, they are not available to everyone"!
Why on earth not, I am quite willing to pay for the service but VM won't let me. I appear to be being discriminated against and I'm not quite sure why.:confused:

meekboy
02-07-2011, 09:38
the talk 08 callplans are only marketed to a certain set of customers but if you call and ask for the call plan and mention whats included in the call plan then they can put it on or at least they should.

Topgun
04-07-2011, 16:03
the talk 08 callplans are only marketed to a certain set of customers but if you call and ask for the call plan and mention whats included in the call plan then they can put it on or at least they should.
That's exactly what I did and they wouldn't let me join the club! I really don't understand the logic in having a call plan available but only letting certain people have access to it.:confused:

nodrogd
04-07-2011, 18:18
As VM are including 0870 numbers with all the main call plans from August it might make this plan less attractive anyway.

Topgun
06-07-2011, 19:08
As VM are including 0870 numbers with all the main call plans from August it might make this plan less attractive anyway.
That's true, but it seems to me that the number of companies using 0870 seems to be reducing by the day, they seem to be moving to 08something else or 03etc.

richard1960
06-07-2011, 19:47
That's true, but it seems to me that the number of companies using 0870 seems to be reducing by the day, they seem to be moving to 08something else or 03etc.

Personally speaking i cannot remember the last time i used an 0870 number as you say most now days are 08 /45/44 ect ect.

Even though i have talk anywhere 200 i always use saynoto0870 and have never been let down yet usually with a 0800 alternative.:)

nodrogd
08-07-2011, 19:56

The same could be said of 0845 numbers. The majority seem to use 0844/0871 which are again outside most call packages that VM and its competitors operate. 03 numbers are included with the packages anyway, thanks to OFCOM.