PDA

View Full Version : 50M Connection keeps dropping

funkyCable
29-06-2011, 17:12
I've *been having problems connecting to the Internet since 8am. Apparently it's not a local issue as only 8 out of 130 modems are offline. I could only get an engineer out for Monday. I wondered if someone here might know what's causing my connection to drop.

I use wifi and my machines are still able to connect to the router so it's not wifi. After I plug my modem *in wait for it to stablise then connect my router I'm able to connect to the internet for a few minutes but it's dead slow and then my connection drops ie the tick on my modem goes off and starts flashing. I wait awhile and it connects to the Internet but really slow and then drops and so the cycle continues.

P.s I can't create a new thread from the iPhone app as an error appears which relates to the prefix field which it does not have

qasdfdsaq
30-06-2011, 03:32
Modem stats?

funkyCable
30-06-2011, 06:28
I can login to the modem but I'm not sure what stats you need As I have the glossy black modem with blue led.

Nopanic
30-06-2011, 07:48
The fact that you can't get a tech till Monday suggests to me several have been booked out in your area .. which would lead to a local fault ..

funkyCable
30-06-2011, 21:00
Got home this evening to find my connection is back up and running as normal. I think I'll wait a bit before cancelling the engineer visit.

qasdfdsaq
01-07-2011, 01:16
If they realise it was an area fault they may cancel the engineer visit for you - normally they tell you this but sometimes they don't.