PDA

View Full Version : 100M 50mb to 100mb

GarethFerguson
28-06-2011, 23:23
Hello,

I'm currently a customer on the 50mb package paying £38 a month for it (no phone line) and was wondering how much it would cost me to upgrade to 100mb.

I've checked on the Virgin Media website and it says I get free installation and free activation and only need to pay £5 more if I upgrade online but other people are telling that it's false.

Nopanic
29-06-2011, 08:03
Make sure you read it completely, make a note and if in doubt call up.

If that's what it says online and you've read all the small print, then you have a strong case if it turns out to not be.. not that it would.

Again though, if in doubt, call up.

ScottSilver
03-07-2011, 13:38
50Mbit is currently £35 without a phone line and 100Mbit is £45 without a phone line. Therefore, if you're paying £38 (Should be £35 mind you) you would pay £7p/m more. If you call CS and go to the "thinking of leaving us" department. Tell them you wish to upgrade to 100Mbit but you're struggling to do it online for the free upgrade and activation then they will do it over the phone.

If you have a SuperHub they can in-fact upgrade you without the need for an engineer visit. I got this done and my speeds are more than great.

Please let us know how you get on.

LUKE77
03-07-2011, 13:39
for me i prefer to make a call before i do that brother