PDA

View Full Version : 50M Prices For Existing Customers.

dex77
28-06-2011, 20:50
Hi, I'm a little confused at the moment. I have had 50MB for the last 11 months and I'm paying £28 a month. I noticed that on the Virgin Media website for new customers there charging £25 a Month after 3 months. I just been on the phone with them to try to get £25 a month deal for the next 12 months, the customer services guy would not let me have it stating that cause I'm an existing customer then I can't have this deal. I don't understand the logic of this. Say 50MB went down to £20 a month a year or 2 down the line.... would I still be stuck with £28 a month and not entitled to the cheaper deals they are offering new customers?!!.....

qasdfdsaq
28-06-2011, 21:15
Phone up retentions and say you'll leave if they don't at least match the offer for new customers. They've got a bit more leeway and frankly not to be offered the standard, non-promotional price is a bit ridiculous.

Failswitch
29-06-2011, 00:31
Yeah its a bit ludicrous how companies tend to lure in new customers with eye watering deals (not in this case) and turn a blind eye to their existing paying customer base.

Standalone 50mb is £30 for the first three months then £35 a month for the remaining period of your contract. Unless you are looking at 50mb with a phone line, that is £15 for 3 months, then £25 a month for but remember the phone line is an additional £12.99/month (Increasing to £13.90 from 1st August 2011) per the VM site.

Like the guy above has suggested, give retentions a quick call, remember to take down names as VM have a habit of not honouring generous retentions deals as well as asking for the deal to be confirmed by letter to yourself.

dex77
29-06-2011, 00:44
Ok, thanks guys will ring retentions tomorrow.

AndyCalling
29-06-2011, 01:04
If they suggest that you are still in contract when you point out you might leave, remind them you just recieved a letter telling you phone costs are going up and so you can leave the package without charge. That'll get 'em thinking.