PDA

View Full Version : 100M 100mb upgrade from 50, no service yet, can't activate (error code 0070)

Lord Kram
25-06-2011, 21:28
Hey have already posted this on the VM forums, but thought I would here as well to see what u guys think...
Yesterday I had the install for 100mb upgrade from 50, 2 of the vm team came round, swapped over the modem for the new super hub but as they rung up to remove the "wall garden" that's where the problems started! Was told it should clear within an hour or so, and to keep trying to activate and eventually I should be able to enter my details and start being able to use the 100mb service
Every time I click go on the activate page I just get the page come up that says "we checked your computer" sorry we can't set up your broadband right now, etc etc
Rang up VM yesterday evening around 530ish was put through to the 2nd line team and spoke to a nice chap who went through everything and explained what was going on, I was told that this may not be fixed for upto 5 working days, but he will try and push it through a bit quicker for me.
This is very frustrating as I've got evrything set up Inc wireless etc but until I can activate I can't do anything!
Anyone know why I am actually getting this error? Is it just me or is it a common problem with some areas etc?
I was given a ticket number but won't post it unless someone can officially check it or not
Thanks for your help in advance!

General Maximus
25-06-2011, 22:44
when they remove you from the walled garden the result is pretty much instantaneous so the fact that it is dragging on indicates a problem. You should take comfort in the fact though that you was actually able to speak to someone who knew what he was talking about and they have raised a ticket for you, at least you know it is being sorted.

Lord Kram
28-06-2011, 12:51
Well, this problem still hasn't been sorted out yet, was given a fix date by 29th June (tomorrow) I rang up yesterday for an update but didn't really tell me much said something that this was a priority level 3 or something?
Is this problem I have obviously not that important? It's been 4 days now without any service and I'm not holding out much hope this will be fixed by tomorrow
I don't seem to be getting any responses on the vm forums either, should this problem I have be taking that long to sort out?
Should I just hold tight and wait till tomorrow, or what else can I do?!

General Maximus
28-06-2011, 14:20
priority 3 is pants. Priority 1 means it gets somebody's attention immediately and gets fixed asap

Lord Kram
28-06-2011, 14:56
So any ideas/advice on what to do? This is the 1st real time I've had a serious problem like this since being with VM but it feels like nothing is happening!

General Maximus
28-06-2011, 15:02
I would give it will tomorrow if that is the date you have been given (and to be honest priority 3 is given a 2-3 day window) and if it isnt up and running by then ring them up and tell them you want to speak to someone who knows what is going on and can help or you want your account downgrading to 50mbit immediately

Lord Kram
28-06-2011, 15:04
Ok thanks

Nopanic
28-06-2011, 19:32
priority 3 is pants. Priority 1 means it gets somebody's attention immediately and gets fixed asap

A Priority 1 is for massive issues, all tickets get fixed ASAP.

To the OP, there is no longer a need to remove from WG, there has been a faults.

Did you get the ticket ref ? if not call up and ask for it.

Lord Kram
28-06-2011, 19:40
Yeh I got given a ticket ref when I 1st called up on Friday, yesterday when I called up they didn't really give me any info on when it would be sorted, just said it had an estimated date for the 29th, but dunno if that means it will be fixed by then or not
I will be calling again tomorrow that's for sure, as I'm still getting the same error now when pressing "start" on the activation front page
Weird thing is all lights on the superhub are green and flash occasionally which obviously means that it is receiving data, but why can't I activate that's the thing?

Nopanic
28-06-2011, 21:59
What's the ref? Pm me

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Yhpm

Lord Kram
29-06-2011, 03:39
Pm'd u back :D

Nopanic
29-06-2011, 07:02
:D