PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 20mb

mal potts
22-06-2011, 19:02
:confused::confused::confused::confused:I would like to upgrade to 20MB, but when my NTL was first installed on the XL package, the best speed I could get was 4MB, this was despite having a new fibre cable dragged through from the main junction 150mt away.
I had to endure nearly 10 weeks of telephone calls and bad service before my problem was resolved, (not to my satisfaction). I had to be settling for a downgrade of my XL package for my internet connection.

My main concern is that if I opt for 20MB will I have to jump through the same hoops if I cannot get somewhere close to this speed or is it now routine to get a more reliable and faster download speed?

jb66
22-06-2011, 19:07
20meg no longer exists, it's usually very easy, vm post you a new modem

qasdfdsaq
22-06-2011, 19:12
You can get 30mb now, though you'll end up with a Superhub. The network itself is vastly improved and the new DOCSIS 3 layer (which 30mb runs on) has helped some people get much better speeds when they were having problems with 20mb and below. That said it's not perfect and still has problems in places but it's considerably better.

I'll leave the ins and outs of the superhub to someone else...

Peter_
22-06-2011, 19:17
:confused::confused::confused::confused:I would like to upgrade to 20MB, but when my NTL was first installed on the XL package, the best speed I could get was 4MB, this was despite having a new fibre cable dragged through from the main junction 150mt away.
I had to endure nearly 10 weeks of telephone calls and bad service before my problem was resolved, (not to my satisfaction). I had to be settling for a downgrade of my XL package for my internet connection.

My main concern is that if I opt for 20MB will I have to jump through the same hoops if I cannot get somewhere close to this speed or is it now routine to get a more reliable and faster download speed?
If you check out this link then you will see that you will also get a £5 a month reduction for the first six months when upgrading to 30mb from 10Mb.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing-customers/customer-offers/upgrade-to-faster-broadband.html

If you're on 10Mb broadband you can upgrade for a one-off payment of £30 and you'll get £5 off your bill for 6 months.