PDA

View Full Version : 50M CMTS stats WTF

BeafSalad
21-06-2011, 01:42
Well my connection is back to usable at the moment although it was like this from tuesday to thursday last week and then went to [Mod Edit] until today.
Just had a look at the cmts stats at http://ukinternetreport.co.uk/cmts/ and there is something strange on every single one, a drop in latency at the same time just before 18:00 on monday.

General Maximus
21-06-2011, 08:42
how weird, i think it is an x-file

kwikbreaks
21-06-2011, 09:11
Doesn't the guy who owns that site post here?

My guess is that there was a script change of some sort. The question is were they wrong then or are they wrong now???

TJS
21-06-2011, 09:25
The site screwed up about a week bac and wasnt getting results at all; it came back up and then all the atencies for every cmts were showig like 50 ms instead of 10 - 20 like it used to; im presuming they fixed whatever was making it show such high latencies

apcyberax
24-11-2011, 06:48
The site screwed up about a week bac and wasnt getting results at all; it came back up and then all the atencies for every cmts were showig like 50 ms instead of 10 - 20 like it used to; im presuming they fixed whatever was making it show such high latencies

if all the graphs spike at the same time its likey to of been the connection from the DC to VM network. i've moved it to a VPS in the UK now so it should look abit better

eth01
24-11-2011, 12:13
if all the graphs spike at the same time its likey to of been the connection from the DC to VM network. i've moved it to a VPS in the UK now so it should look abit better

Would be good to run two versions of the script to see if it produces the same results on two entirely seperate servers.
That would give you accurate readings. Could help you with that.

apcyberax
24-11-2011, 17:03
i can run it on another server will look into that later. best thing i think i can so is ping the linx port before it hits the vm network but it all seems stable now