PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Installation Dates

MarkyUK
14-06-2011, 22:37
Hey all,

I just ordered a bundle with Virgin Media, however the installation date is 2nd August!!

I was wondering - what are the chances if I call them to see if I can get a nearer installation date?

Waiting over a month on my current internet will kill me :p

Marky

Stephen
14-06-2011, 22:41
Hi and welcome.

You can ask, however if that is the date you were given there probably isn't anything any earlier.

Peter_
14-06-2011, 22:42
I would call tomorrow morning as soon after 0800 as possible on 0845 454 1111 and try ordering your services that way and you may even get a better deal and an earlier installation date.

MarkyUK
14-06-2011, 22:49
Hi and welcome.

You can ask, however if that is the date you were given there probably isn't anything any earlier.

Hey thanks :)

Okay - Well I think I'll try at least :p Can't hurt - I have BT internet at the moment, and it's awful :p

I would call tomorrow morning as soon after 0800 as possible on 0845 454 1111 and try ordering your services that way and you may even get a better deal and an earlier installation date.

The reason I booked online was that I could get £65 cashback with QuidCo, £100 off my first bill and free installation - I tried ordering over the phone yesterday but didn't get any sort of deal like that :( It sucks because I originally wanted two TiVo boxes (one upstairs and one downstairs) but I they said I had to order over the phone for that - So since they weren't doing any deals such as the cashback and £100 off the first bill, I went with just the one box :p

Peter_
14-06-2011, 22:54
Well for that kind of savings maybe the wait will be worthwhile but that is still a long time to wait.

MarkyUK
14-06-2011, 22:57
Well for that kind of savings maybe the wait will be worthwhile but that is still a long time to wait.
I agree - As a VirginMedia staff member yourself - Do you know if it would be worthwhile calling every so often to see if they have a cancellation? Or would I be wasting my time?

Or in fact, as a staff member - can you bump me up to an installation date of tomorrow? Hahaha :P

Peter_
15-06-2011, 05:44
I agree - As a VirginMedia staff member yourself - Do you know if it would be worthwhile calling every so often to see if they have a cancellation? Or would I be wasting my time?

Or in fact, as a staff member - can you bump me up to an installation date of tomorrow? Hahaha :P
You can call in for a cancellation any time and it might be worthwhile calling as soon as possible with you already having an install booked.

MarkyUK
15-06-2011, 18:14
Alrighty - Just gave them a call and they were very helpful :) Got moved up to the 28th June - Under two weeks away :) Good times :)

MarkyUK
15-06-2011, 20:44
Just thought of something!

I am currently on BT for my landline phones & Broadband and Sky for the TV.

I've got the pre-written letters off the Virgin Media website to cancel them. When should I send them?

Or would it be a better idea to ring them and tell them I'm ending the service?

Thanks,

Marky

Peter_
15-06-2011, 22:15
Alrighty - Just gave them a call and they were very helpful :) Got moved up to the 28th June - Under two weeks away :) Good times :)
See I told you to give it a try and it worked.

I would ring BT ASAP and tell them you are cancelling the service.

MarkyUK
15-06-2011, 22:19
And Sky?

Peter_
15-06-2011, 22:20
And Sky?
Both sorry I missed that as it is getting late, up for 5am in the morning.:)

MarkyUK
15-06-2011, 22:53
Both sorry I missed that as it is getting late, up for 5am in the morning.:)
Ahaha :) No probs :)

I'll call them tomorrow - When I do... Shall I tell them "I've gone with another service and it's being installed at the end of June" - Should they be able to keep their service going until then? I'm still not 100% sure I understand how it will all work and when the services will switch :p

Peter_
16-06-2011, 05:39
Ahaha :) No probs :)

I'll call them tomorrow - When I do... Shall I tell them "I've gone with another service and it's being installed at the end of June" - Should they be able to keep their service going until then? I'm still not 100% sure I understand how it will all work and when the services will switch :p
Yes that should all you need to tell them.

iluvabargain2011
16-06-2011, 14:36
Try getting, Sky etc to install, at the moment it`s a 2 week lead time, around Xmas it was 6 blimin weeks :(

Pauls9
16-06-2011, 15:47
If there's a risk of the install not going ahead on the planned date (I've seen numerous reports on this forum), would it be wise to wait until the VM service is up and running before cancelling BT and Sky?

Peter_
16-06-2011, 15:48
If there's a risk of the install not going ahead on the planned date (I've seen numerous reports on this forum), would it be wise to wait until the VM service is up and running before cancelling BT and Sky?
As the install will be within his one months notice then it should be ok as you can always extend your disconnection date, but a valid point.

MarkyUK
17-06-2011, 10:06
I cancelled Sky no problem yesterday and they said the service will stop around 17th July which is good.

I called BT to cancel the Broadband and Phone and the guy said there has already been an order made on the line and so Virgin will sort it all out and there was no need to call as it will be cancelled when you move to Virgin...

Is that right? =\