PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

stevo1312
11-06-2011, 21:12
I'm sure this has been asked before but the search didn't flag much. Does anyone know the cost for bringing VM services when moving house? And what the procedure is after contacting VM, such as a set time scale for notifying them before moving?

jungleguy
12-06-2011, 13:00
Hi the move is free, but you'll be put into a new 12 month contract. Give VM as much notice as possible. Minimum 2 weeks is a good starting point, so as to avoid dissapointment.

Scary
12-06-2011, 13:55
i moved yesterday, and i had the worst experiance ever only coz the place i moved to doesnt have cable it only has virgin national so have to go back to adsl. its taking them till the 20th of this month to sort it and they even told me i need to contact Tesco's to get the braodband working (thats no joke they did tell me that)

Peter_
12-06-2011, 15:08
i moved yesterday, and i had the worst experiance ever only coz the place i moved to doesnt have cable it only has virgin national so have to go back to adsl. its taking them till the 20th of this month to sort it and they even told me i need to contact Tesco's to get the braodband working (thats no joke they did tell me that)
At least Tesco broadbands call centre is based in the UK just on the border between Huyton and Widnes.

stevo1312
12-06-2011, 21:22
Hi the move is free, but you'll be put into a new 12 month contract. Give VM as much notice as possible. Minimum 2 weeks is a good starting point, so as to avoid dissapointment.

Thanks for the info, moving the 1st week in July so that should be fine.