PDA

View Full Version : Superhub hardware query

bbrown1664
07-06-2011, 14:23
I am thinking of simplifying my home network and upgrade the broadband I have currently at the same time.

I have the 20MB service and have been offered the 30MB service with the free superhub. What I cannot find out is the spec of the superhub.
Does it have Ethernet and Wireless outputs or is it just wirelesss?
If it does also have Ethernet, how many ports does it have?

blue sabre
07-06-2011, 14:28
I am thinking of simplifying my home network and upgrade the broadband I have currently at the same time.

I have the 20MB service and have been offered the 30MB service with the free superhub. What I cannot find out is the spec of the superhub.
Does it have Ethernet and Wireless outputs or is it just wirelesss?
If it does also have Ethernet, how many ports does it have?

Don't do it!!!!!!

craigj2k12
07-06-2011, 14:57
4 gigabit ethernet ports, wireless "N" 2.4ghz or 5ghz (not dual band)

will topple over at the sight of data being transferred

kwikbreaks
07-06-2011, 15:11
will topple over at the sight of data being transferred Unless you are a VM staffer apparently....

Fspiders
07-06-2011, 15:16
Whatever you do ... do not throw your old router away!

For me the only way I can keep the super hub working is to use my original router and use the hub as a basic modem.

Didn't simplify my network... SH was a direct swap for a 256

bbrown1664
07-06-2011, 15:35
Sounds like a problem I dont need.

At the moment I have the old Virgin Modem going to a router/hub then hard cabling to two points in the house for Wireless Routers. I was hoping to get rid of 1, 2 or even all three of the additional routers by using the superhub but it sounds like they are unreliable.

Out of interest, If I connect a wireless router direct to the VM Modem I have to reboot it every day as the wireless drops out. Keeping it one layer away from the VM Modem fixes this but as usual, VM have never heard of this problem before!

Looks like I will stick with the 20MB service for now.