PDA

View Full Version : 50M 50mb down to 20mb back to 50mb requires activation fee + engineer?

Tom255
30-05-2011, 20:25
So i dropped down to 20meg (from 50) about a year ago, my area was oversubscribed and the internet was completely unusable during peek hrs. I also orded ADSL from bethere which im still using.

I kept my 50meg modem (300 series) as i intended to go back to 50 when VM sorted out their network. That time has now come... but im being told i have to pay a £40 activation + have an engineer out to get 50meg back.... even though I had it previously.

The downgrade to 20meg was done via software the same day... i dont get why the upgrade cant be done in the same manner + i need to have an engineer out?... can someone shed some light on this? Also hes bringing a super hub... joy.

Going to speak to retentions about the activation fee as its BS i have to pay it considering the only reason i downgraded was due to VMs **** service.

Chrysalis
30-05-2011, 21:05
the answer is because its process.

its just the way VM do it even tho some of us have argued its a waste of time and money.

Nopanic
30-05-2011, 22:04
Speak to retentions, the fact that it was an issue with VM's network I would be very shocked if they don't do it for free.

Dave9946
30-05-2011, 22:44
the answer is because its process.

its just the way VM do it even tho some of us have argued its a waste of time and money.

Not for virgin as it's the same money for less work.

But if your (the op) not in a contract now as seems the case do as suggested and point out why you had to change in the first place and how you was incovienced by lack of service at the time to retentions.