PDA

View Full Version : Superhub can't connect to internet with security enabled

margaretsd
24-05-2011, 18:55
I've just had a superhub installed and discovered that i can't connect with security enabled on my acer laptop. The engineer who installed the superhub said that there was a problem with Atheros Wireless Network Adapters working with the superhub, and unfortunately that's what i've got installed on my laptop. Does anyone know how I can connect with security enabled.

Peter_
24-05-2011, 19:03
Click the link http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35172749-post2.html

margaretsd
24-05-2011, 20:46
I've updated drivers. Windows says it's up to date. From what I've found on the internet it seems I need version 7.6 or 7.7 but so far I hav'nt been able to find either. Atheros doesn't have drivers available for download. Does anyone know where I could safely download Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter driver version 7.6 or 7.7.

Peter_
24-05-2011, 21:12
I've updated drivers. Windows says it's up to date. From what I've found on the internet it seems I need version 7.6 or 7.7 but so far I hav'nt been able to find either. Atheros doesn't have drivers available for download. Does anyone know where I could safely download Atheros AR5007EG wireless network adapter driver version 7.6 or 7.7.
Try this site http://www.atheros.cz/

The are also other links on the site if yours is not there.

The Atheros driver issue is actually out of the Virginmedia Support Scope as it is a hardware issue but most agents will give you the update information as above.

margaretsd
24-05-2011, 23:30
Thanks for help. I updated driver, took me a while to figure out how to update it manually, now I'm connected with security enabled.

Cobbydaler
25-05-2011, 00:12
Thanks for help. I updated driver, took me a while to figure out how to update it manually, now I'm connected with security enabled.
Glad you got it sorted... :)

Peter_
25-05-2011, 11:00
Nice one that is good to hear.:)

Chrysalis
25-05-2011, 15:32
does the superhub really have issues with atheros?

atheros is probably the most popular device I have seen on laptops. Mine has it as well. Of all the devices to have compatibility issues with thats quite possibly the worst one.

kwikbreaks
25-05-2011, 15:48
My laptop does too. I normally use it wired at home but I did check WiFi after reading the sticky on the VM Community forum and it was fine without me doing anything.

I don't think it's the reason for most WiFi problems though as my hub has problems with an HTC Desire, an iPad, and an iPhone so it's more widespread than just one adaptor type.

Peter_
25-05-2011, 17:01
does the superhub really have issues with atheros?

atheros is probably the most popular device I have seen on laptops. Mine has it as well. Of all the devices to have compatibility issues with thats quite possibly the worst one.
My daughter got a Samsung laptop in November and I had my Edimax router in use at the time and we had issues from day one and even in the same room, so I updated the Atheros drivers and have had no issues ever since even with the Superhub.