PDA

View Full Version : Service status page!!

Rivva
18-05-2011, 16:56
Just wondering if there's really any need for having a specific page telling us how our services are working if it's not kept up-to date. The reason I mention it is because I haven't been able to receive any incoming calls on my land-line telephone from early this morning. So on checking the 'Service status page' regularly and seeing that the BB/TV/+TP were all showing as good I decided to ring 151. On doing so I was told there's definitely a problem in my area which occurred in the early hours of yesterday and is due to be fixed by the early hours of tomorrow - but it should be showing up as a fault. I've been on the 'Ssp' again just prior to posting this and it's still showing everything working as it should with no problems/issues.

Peter_
18-05-2011, 19:03
Only P1 and P2 faults show up on the faults page and you are unlikely to see smaller faults, no idea why as it is not my area.

denphone
18-05-2011, 19:07
Whats good is it then having a page if it does not cover everything then.

Peter_
18-05-2011, 19:09
no idea but you can also ring 0800 561 0061

denphone
18-05-2011, 19:12
no idea but you can also ring 0800 561 0061

Yes and wait on the phone for 20 minutes until someone answers.:erm::erm::erm:

Rivva
18-05-2011, 19:24

Exactly - hence the post den.

denphone
18-05-2011, 19:27
Customer services are a lot to be desired in a lot of companies.

Maggy
18-05-2011, 19:47

As it uses recorded announcements you shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes at all.:rolleyes:

denphone
18-05-2011, 19:50
Yes recorded announcements that lead to other recorded announcements and so on so it does take 20 minutes.

Maggy
18-05-2011, 19:52
Yes recorded announcements that lead to other recorded announcements and so on so it does take 20 minutes.

Sorry to be argumentative but it doesn't.You are exaggerating because you so obviously dislike VM..

denphone
18-05-2011, 19:57
Sorry to be argumentative but it doesn't.You are exaggerating because you so obviously dislike VM..

right lets get one thing straight l do not dislike Virgin as why else would l pay 123.00 a month to them per month, l just voice views that are honest and to the point but its obvious that some members disagree with those views but we do live in a democracy and everybody is entitled to their opinions whether they agree with it or not.:(:(:(

Maggy
18-05-2011, 20:08
right lets get one thing straight l do not dislike Virgin as why else would l pay 123.00 a month to them per month, l just voice views that are honest and to the point but its obvious that some members disagree with those views but we do live in a democracy and everybody is entitled to their opinions whether they agree with it or not.:(:(:(

I am arguing with the exaggeration..The phone line is perfectly acceptable and no one is left hanging for a reply.There is either an announcement that there is an issue in your area or there is not.It does not take 20 minutes and is immensely helpful to anyone who cannot get online to check the status page.

denphone
18-05-2011, 20:11
I am arguing with the exaggeration..The phone line is perfectly acceptable and no one is left hanging for a reply.There is either an announcement that there is an issue in your area or there is not.It does not take 20 minutes and is immensely helpful to anyone who cannot get online to check the status page.

l have known some customers who have been waiting even longer so no it is not a exaggeration at all.:erm::erm:

Maggy
18-05-2011, 20:17
l have known some customers who have been waiting even longer so no it is not a exaggeration at all.:erm::erm:

Well I use the number every time there appears to be an issue in my area and not once has it taken longer than 5 minutes to get my reply. It's an automated number so I can't see how it could be longer.

denphone
18-05-2011, 20:19
Well I use the number every time there appears to be an issue in my area and not once has it taken longer than 5 minutes to get my reply. It's an automated number so I can't see how it could be longer.

l am not one to get into aurguements.:D:D:D

Maggy
18-05-2011, 20:19
l am not one to get into aurguements.:D:D:D

Really?:rolleyes:

Digital Fanatic
18-05-2011, 21:05
Status Page Messages > Only if the whole customers cab is down, not just 1 switch port which is probably 20 customers.

Some cabs have hundreds of connected customers on them, so it would be bad practice to tell all of them that they are part of an outage!

We would place a fault message on the sevice status page if a good portion of those customers were affected.

Maggy J is right though, we would still apply a regional message with postcode if you call 0845 454 1111 or if you can get to a VM 'phone then 151

It would take a maximum of 2 mins to hear this message if you had to call and I know as I test those messages daily! :)

Rivva
18-05-2011, 22:03
Status Page Messages > Only if the whole customers cab is down, not just 1 switch port which is probably 20 customers.

Some cabs have hundreds of connected customers on them, so it would be bad practice to tell all of them that they are part of an outage!

We would place a fault message on the sevice status page if a good portion of those customers were affected.

Maggy J is right though, we would still apply a regional message with postcode if you call 0845 454 1111 or if you can get to a VM 'phone then 151

It would take a maximum of 2 mins to hear this message if you had to call and I know as I test those messages daily! :)

Thanks for the explanation/reply...

Totally agree it would be bad practice, but we the customers don't know we're part of an outage, and how the system works regarding how many faults have to be logged before it shows up on the Service status page. That's why I was a little confused when the Service status page was telling me there was no fault with my telephone line..

Can I just ask which telephone number do I use?
0800 561 0061 or 0845 454 1111.

Cheers

Maggy
18-05-2011, 22:06
On my last bill it gives the former number 0800 561 0061.:erm:

Peter_
18-05-2011, 22:39
Now instead of posting utter rubbish you could have tried ringing the number because it recognises your phone number and then gives you the option to check which service you think is having an issue, my call took all of 30 seconds as it is fully automated.

Maybe next time you might think before posting unsubstantiated rumours or misleading statements.

The Outage Line Number is 0800 561 0061

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Cheers
The above number.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

It is with regards to the Outage line as it will never get you through to an agent as it is fully automated.

Digital Fanatic
18-05-2011, 22:40
Thanks for the explanation/reply...

Totally agree it would be bad practice, but we the customers don't know we're part of an outage, and how the system works regarding how many faults have to be logged before it shows up on the Service status page. That's why I was a little confused when the Service status page was telling me there was no fault with my telephone line..

Cheers

We know how many customers are potentially affected by any outage, so it's not based on how many have contacted us :)

I bet your fault is one mux card that affects about 20 customers.

0800 561 0061 is the status line, you need to make sure you put in your home telephone number when calling, you can also use the 0845 454 1111 number, but you can also connect to a Agent if you wish on that one.

Peter_
18-05-2011, 22:43
We know how many customers are potentially affected by any outage, so it's not based on how many have contacted us :)

0800 561 0061 is the status line, you need to make sure you put in your home telephone number when calling, you can also use the 0845 454 1111 number, but you can also connect to a Agent if you wish on that one.
It should recognise your phone number automatically because when I rang earlier it recognised me and gave me the options to press and did not ask me to input a phone number which is how it is supposed to work.

Digital Fanatic
18-05-2011, 22:52
It should recognise your phone number automatically because when I rang earlier it recognised me and gave me the options to press and did not ask me to input a phone number which is how it is supposed to work.

If you are calling about a loss of telco issue though, you will probably be phoning from another line.

Maggy
18-05-2011, 22:57
If you are calling about a loss of telco issue though, you will probably be phoning from another line.

And it still won't take 20 minutes to find out if there is an outage.

My experience of the VM landline telephone is that it's far superior compared to BT.It's barely ever gone down since the days of Nynex when I first took it up.I actually went with them because BT were so poor.

Digital Fanatic
18-05-2011, 23:05
And it still won't take 20 minutes to find out if there is an outage.

My experience of the VM landline telephone is that it's far superior compared to BT.It's barely ever gone down since the days of Nynex when I first took it up.I actually went with them because BT were so poor.

Totally agree, 2 mins tops for that line.

Peter_
18-05-2011, 23:08
You win the cigar as I was waiting to see who would mention that slight hiccup first, it asks for it if you use a mobile or a BT line.;)

Rivva
29-05-2011, 17:43

I've just returned to a message left on my a/phone from the VM team telling me they've found a fix for the network issue in my area. They also said if I had any future problems with any of my services I should ring 151 or the same number you gave (cheers anyway). It's a shame this sort of fault does'nt show up on the 'service status page' but you've already explained why so no worries.