PDA

View Full Version : Installer just left - I AM FURIOUS

martinpeter111
06-05-2011, 14:12
Having been a long time old Tivo user, I was delighted to order a new one, and registered the moment I could. Installation was today. Got a call from the installer as he left (I was at work, by wife was at home) to say "by the way, we didn't have any of those Tivo things so I put a V+ box in, I hope that is OK).

I only ordered this to get TiVo, and now I'm paying Virgin 80+ quid a month +200 quid install for something I would never have ordered.

I called customer services, spent AGES on hold, spoke to someone who said there was nothing she could do, but the installs team will call me back.

Anyone on here had experience like this, and can advice what I should do next. This is my first and only experience of dealing with Virgin Media, and it's not gone well.

pabscars
06-05-2011, 14:42
Welcome to the forum by the way, although this isnt Virgin Media's support forum there are staff that frequent this site that may be able to advise further.

The best advice I can give is call back and choose the "thinking of leaving us option", you should get through to uk support staff who should be able to sort you out.

Not a very pleasant start but I would say it's not typical behavior from VM

Chris
06-05-2011, 14:49
That's flaming outrageous - the installer needs re-training at the very least if he doesn't understand that V+ and TiVo are completely different products.

I would not assume you're going to get a call back. They are famously poor at keeping that sort of promise. Phone up again and do as pabs suggests - threatening to leave is unfortunately the best way of getting a UK agent who is actually empowered to deal with the problem.

martinpeter111
06-05-2011, 15:06
Oddly enough, they just called and said they are sending a new box today, should be there mid afternoon. If they do correct this that quickly, it would turn a bad performance into a very speedy correction. I'll let you know if they keep their promise!!

pabscars
06-05-2011, 15:13
Sounds like a result to me, keep ya fingers crossed it turns up, if it doesn't get strait on the blower again and take no prisoners.

Zing
06-05-2011, 16:43
Sounds like a result to me, keep ya fingers crossed it turns up, if it doesn't get strait on the blower again and take no prisoners.

I would threaten to cancel and demand a full refund as what you ordered was not supplied and inform VM you are more than happy to take them to court. I personally think VM are allowed to get away with to much because customers are unsure of their rghts or are to easy blagged by VM staff who have no idea at all on contract law and try to tell you they do.Just remember it does not matter what the company policy is statatory rights can not be cirmumvented any any means of denying them you or misleading you is illegal

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/what-are-my-statutory-rights/

Obviously I hope you get your box and the result you want without to much hassle

denphone
06-05-2011, 16:46
Having been a long time old Tivo user, I was delighted to order a new one, and registered the moment I could. Installation was today. Got a call from the installer as he left (I was at work, by wife was at home) to say "by the way, we didn't have any of those Tivo things so I put a V+ box in, I hope that is OK).

I only ordered this to get TiVo, and now I'm paying Virgin 80+ quid a month +200 quid install for something I would never have ordered.

I called customer services, spent AGES on hold, spoke to someone who said there was nothing she could do, but the installs team will call me back.

Anyone on here had experience like this, and can advice what I should do next. This is my first and only experience of dealing with Virgin Media, and it's not gone well.

if he worked for me and did that to a customer l would sack him on the spot.

carlwaring
06-05-2011, 17:14
Absolutely outrageous :( Even if it does get fixed - and I hope so, and quickly! - I would still make a huge fuss and report this guy; even as far up as the CEO.

For balance, I would also thank them for fixing the error so quickly as well though ;)

martinpeter111
06-05-2011, 17:56
Well stone the crows, TiVo is at home. Rushing there now. If it all works, hats off to Virgin for fixing the problem within 4 hours!!

Not furious any more...

Halcyon
06-05-2011, 18:24
Don't say that so soon. Try it out and make sure it works first.

Good luck.