PDA

View Full Version : VM Router Virgin Hub vmdg280 slow on youtube

cdaly985
05-05-2011, 19:12
Hi

Recently my scientific atlanta modem died and I had to change to a VMDG280, also known as the Virgin Media Hub, not a Superhub.
Im on 20Mb Service and before I could watch 1080p Youtube videos with ease, no buffering at all, not once in the whole of the 3 years i've had it. But after changing over to the Hub I can watch 480p maximum, even then it stalls. This is excruciatingly annoying, as I'm constantly on youtube.

This hub also makes my xbox 360's disconnect every hour or so, but I think I may have worked around this with a reset.

Im using the service via wireless but im getting exellent service according to windows 7.

What can I do, royally ticked off.

PS. im not being STM'd

craigj2k12
05-05-2011, 19:35
have you played about with the firewall and ip flood detection? ip flood detection should be turned off and the firewall seems to be behaving differently for different people, so just change it to the opposite of what it is on now (i.e. if its on, turn it off)

i presume you know how to access this, http://192.168.0.1

default username: admin
default password: changeme

(if you have changed the above, obviously it will be different)
once you have logged in, you will see three big red buttons, click the link under this for "advanced settings" the "services" on the left, and the firewall and ip flood detection are tick boxes on this page

cdaly985
05-05-2011, 19:46
tried it mate :@

nothing. -.-

craigj2k12
05-05-2011, 19:54
tried it mate :@

nothing. -.-

you could have said, it would have saved me some typing lol

run a speedtest and pingtest

www.speedtest.net
www.pingtest.net