PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Superhub "access denied", reboot needed to fix(log included)

Jon T
26-04-2011, 21:00
For the past two days, i've had to reboot my superhub three times each day.

Events leading up to this are a sudden loss internet connectivity on any device connected to the superhub, when this has happend, i've logged into the superhub to find that my netork access has gone to "denied".

The log entries every time look like this:

Tue Apr 26 19:32:34 2011 Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Tue Apr 26 19:32:27 2011 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;

Tue Apr 26 19:32:18 2011 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Tue Apr 26 19:31:46 2011 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;

A reboot get's me back online for 3-4 hours, and then the cyle begins again, everything was fine until the R26 firmware.

Edit: power levels etc:

Downstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power SNR Docsis/EuroDocsis locked
Locked QAM256 78 55616000 Kbits/sec 299000000 Hz 3.3 dBmV 42.0 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 79 55616000 Kbits/sec 307000000 Hz 2.9 dBmV 42.0 dB Hybrid
Locked QAM256 80 55616000 Kbits/sec 315000000 Hz 2.8 dBmV 41.6 dB Hybrid
Unlocked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB Unknown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstream Channels
Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power
Locked ATDMA 4 20480 Kbits/sec 45800000 Hz 44.2 dBmV

Fspiders
26-04-2011, 21:55
I had exactly the same problem but much more often and it got worse day by day. Eventually the hub stopped working. VM are sending me another and say the firmware update has corrupted the hub. Resets and VM resets didn't do anything.

Regards

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 09:58
VM seem very quick on the replacement modem trigger, they must waste a ton of cash doing this.

Fspiders
27-04-2011, 11:05
It was a really nice sounding Liverpool lass that answered the phone from VM. I was about to threaten them with all kinds of retribution and ended up flirting madly :o:
The point is though that she was totally on the ball and knew exactly what the problem was as soon as I mentioned it. Didn't need to go through any details. Basically she said you upgraded Thursday night? Correct!
You can't keep a connection now? Correct!
Network denied also? Correct!
You're showing as offline, what lights are on the hub? 3 blue lights non flashing. Your hub is knackered. Correct! Correct! Correct! Go to the top of the class.

Before I finished the phone call I remarked on her understanding and helpfulness (still flirting madly) and she replied that since she started her shift nearly all she had done was order replacements. I asked how many being concerned it would delay my replacement and she said "So many she couldn't put a number on it unless she looked through all her shifts work log"

It suggests to me that VM knew there was going to be a problem and stocked up ready for it. I get my new hub this afternoon that's less than 48 hours from me calling.

Regards.

craigj2k12
27-04-2011, 11:25
It was a really nice sounding Liverpool lass that answered the phone from VM. I was about to threaten them with all kinds of retribution and ended up flirting madly :o:
The point is though that she was totally on the ball and knew exactly what the problem was as soon as I mentioned it. Didn't need to go through any details. Basically she said you upgraded Thursday night? Correct!
You're showing as offline, what lights are on the hub? 3 blue lights non flashing. Your hub is knackered. Correct! Correct! Correct! Go to the top of the class.

Before I finished the phone call I remarked on her understanding and helpfulness (still flirting madly) and she replied that since she started her shift nearly all she had done was order replacements. I asked how many being concerned it would delay my replacement and she said "So many she couldn't put a number on it unless she looked through all her shifts work log"

It suggests to me that VM knew there was going to be a problem and stocked up ready for it. I get my new hub this afternoon that's less than 48 hours from me calling.

Regards.

VM are trying to get everyone onto the superhub, so they will have plenty

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 11:31

Regards.

masque be here in a moment to state he never hears of superhub issues.

were all your lights really just stuck on blue then?

craigj2k12
27-04-2011, 11:35
masque be here in a moment to state he never hears of superhub issues.

were all your lights really just stuck on blue then?

as discussed the other day, masque doesnt forward ports, or really do anything apart from browsing which means his point about everything being fine is pretty invalid

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 11:38
as discussed the other day, masque doesnt forward ports, or really do anything apart from browsing which means his point about everything being fine is pretty invalid

indeed, but I was more reffering to the point the lady on the phone had done nothing but order replacements all day.

craigj2k12
27-04-2011, 11:42
indeed, but I was more reffering to the point the lady on the phone had done nothing but order replacements all day.

another bodged firmware, which now has a special feature to break the superhubs, brilliant. i tell you what, the superhubs which survive all the recent updates must be pretty strong!!!

pip08456
27-04-2011, 12:20
Mine's still surviving. It goes next Friday though (if they can be bothered to pick it up!).

Fspiders
27-04-2011, 12:56
Yes 3 blue lights lit non flashing. VM girl knew straight away, no hesitation. She also advised me that I could have saved time and wear with the issue that when the hub reset and network access was denied after the reboot, instead of rebooting the pc's to get network access just to pull the rj45's from the hub and pop them back in. That means to me she knew all about this fault and the easiest way around it.

Regards.

Chrysalis
27-04-2011, 13:03
pip will you miss the superhub?

craigj2k12
27-04-2011, 13:19
Mine's still surviving. It goes next Friday though (if they can be bothered to pick it up!).

if not... stamp on the *damn thing*

Fspiders
27-04-2011, 17:35
You're not going to believe this!!!

Today I received from VM an ambit 256 modem!! Straight on the phone asking why and where was my new super-hub?

I got passed from one foreign agent to another only to be told that I have to pay £60 for another hub!!! I tried and tried explaining that it was a replacement not an upgrade and that I'd already paid £30 2 months ago. They weren't having any of it and in the end I gave up and hung up.

Retentions is my only option now or sky because I'm not paying them £60.

Regards.

Ignitionnet
27-04-2011, 17:41
I guess the nice Liverpudlian lady wasn't too impressed by your flirting :)

pip08456
27-04-2011, 18:30
pip will you miss the superhub?

Don't be silly!:D

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

if not... stamp on the *damn thing*

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

You're not going to believe this!!!

Today I received from VM an ambit 256 modem!! Straight on the phone asking why and where was my new super-hub?

I got passed from one foreign agent to another only to be told that I have to pay £60 for another hub!!! I tried and tried explaining that it was a replacement not an upgrade and that I'd already paid £30 2 months ago. They weren't having any of it and in the end I gave up and hung up.

Retentions is my only option now or sky because I'm not paying them £60.

Regards.

Serves you right for trying to chat up a Northern lass!:D

They're wiser than you think!:D

craigj2k12
27-04-2011, 20:16

what do you mean dont be silly, stomp on it untill there is thermal compound splattering over your shoes!!!!!!

Fspiders
27-04-2011, 20:40
Yeah maybe your right about the chatting up! The retention guy says she's called Emma and she's gonna get in trouble now for ordering me the wrong item. If he sticks to his word then some people in India are gonna get an earful too :) £60 was well out of order.

The bad news is I won't get it on Friday cos of the flipping stupid wedding!! Might be lucky and get it Saturday if not then it's a Tuesday. Good job I've got this g3 dongle, I'd go spare not being online.

Regards.