PDA

View Full Version : 30M Super Hub user - 50MB upgrade question

KTroopA
21-04-2011, 12:18
Im currently on 30MB and an sales rep has just told me i need engie to visit to switch over to 50MB. I thought this was simply a case of sending the upgraded speed signal to my superhub? Or does the engie need to fiddle in the street box also.

She also said they wud send me a free wireless N router. I asked her twice about this, as my understanding was the Superhub is ready for 50MB, 100MB and beyond! so what she on about then?

Skie
21-04-2011, 13:33
She means a N USB dongle so you can use wireless N on a device that dosent have it.

And yes, for some moronic reason you need an engineer visit. Be prepared for the fastest engineer visit possible, all he will do is call them to push the config through and then bugger off. If your connection is fine on 30meg and gets the full speed then the signal/connection is fine already.

KTroopA
21-04-2011, 14:04
She means a N USB dongle so you can use wireless N on a device that dosent have it.

And yes, for some moronic reason you need an engineer visit. Be prepared for the fastest engineer visit possible, all he will do is call them to push the config through and then bugger off. If your connection is fine on 30meg and gets the full speed then the signal/connection is fine already.

cool! thanks mate, 50MB here i come :D

jb66
21-04-2011, 14:12
Wish I had a few jobs like that

pip08456
21-04-2011, 14:46
Wish I had a few jobs like that

You're too busy replacing duff plooperhubs!:D