PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Need a port open by any means neccesary help PLEASE!!

thegr812k
10-04-2011, 12:16
Hi i have spen the last 3 days googling reading these forusm and others trying different thing but i just can get it to work :) I want to open port 47141 to play a dart game. I have tried static ips. puitting in the dmz, port forwarding/triggering, pretty much evereything i have found but nothing seems to work.Now i am pretty computer savy and i just think this has got me! is it impossible with the current firmware? I have read some people seem to have found a way but not sure if its applicable to me ? I have gone out and even bought a seperate router and am willing to put that in the dmz if it means i can get this port open! Have tried but that once again kept showing as port closed in when put in the dmz....Any help would be greatly appreciated.I am willing to even donate some money via paypal i someone is willing to take time out today to help me get this going step by step, am hoping i have missed something very minor but pretty sure i havent. If i know its impossible i will give up and not waste anymore of my time!

Mick Fisher
10-04-2011, 12:48
There's a step by step guide to configuring static addresses here (http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm)

Once you've sorted that

Open the suprhub config/advanced/port forwarding page.

In the Add Custom Rules Box

Add the name of your game in the name box

Add 47141 to both start and end port boxes

Unless you know better leave protocol on both

Enter the IP of the computer to be forwarded in the local IP box

CLICK ADD

That's it, all done.

Log out.

Works for me? :)

thegr812k
10-04-2011, 12:50
wow i wish it was that simple, i have done that atleast 100 times, still dont work :( i already have my static ip assigned, i have the rule set up also, even tried putting in the dm still dont work, that was the very first thing i tried :( i have turned off windows firewall, and the sh firewall and flood detection etc

Mick Fisher
10-04-2011, 14:14
I wondered if the R25 firmware was at fault but I have just checked and found my Superhub spontaneously rebooted itself 7.5 hours ago and now I'm stuck with R25.

Anyhow my port forwarding still works so I doubt it's that.

How are you checking that the port is not forwarded?

As a test.....
Download and install this Port Checker (http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm)

It may be interesting to see what it reports. I have it installed and find it reliable.