PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 50MB?

Rob Goldthorpe
08-04-2011, 14:52
Hi guys,

We had 50MB installed a while ago, then switched to the 20MB service (When the option was there) but we kept the 50MB Modem.

Now, I phoned the offshore call centre yesterday (nice bloke, well spoken, polite etc) about a discrepancy in my bill. After that was sorted, I asked how much it would be to switch me back to 50MB. He said "£30 activation and an additional charge for an engineer to come install it".

I said ill get back to them later on once i've got some stuff sorted.

Now, since i've already had 50MB and got the 50MB Modem, (then went to 20MB) would i have to pay for the installation and the engineer again? Surely they would just switch me over to another server because i have the hardware to do it?

Thanks.

_wtf_
08-04-2011, 15:03
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33676582-how-to-contact-uk-retentions.html

Stephen
08-04-2011, 15:34
The 50MB is usually a tech install only and they would now fit you with the Superhub as that is the standard equipment now for 50MB.

General Maximus
09-04-2011, 18:12
my head is ready to explode already. Your current modem handles 50mbit no problemo and that is what it is designed for so no you arent going to pay for an engineer to bring round an inferior product, and secondly, no you arent going to pay for them to whack a few keys to bump you are to 50mbit.

What a joke