View Full Version : Superhub Super hub vpn

plgibson
02-04-2011, 20:28
Had super hub fitted now my VPN and dnsalias dont work
any one had the same
please help

craigj2k12
02-04-2011, 22:06
open the superhub config pages (192.168.0.1) and log in with user "admin" and password "changeme" (unless youve changed it), click on advnaced settings, then on services on the left side, then untick the ip flood detection, and firewall. Then untick (i cant remeber the name of it) something like PTPP or PPTP and apply it and try your VPN again

kgollop
03-04-2011, 11:41
Try opting out of the Advance DNS Error service also, this can play havoc with dns resolution over VPN:

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/advancederror/

BenMcr
03-04-2011, 11:45
You'll need to speak to Tech Support to opt you out of the Advanced DNS as the page currently doesn't work. It is being looked at

DrXerox
03-04-2011, 14:31
You'll need to speak to Tech Support to opt you out of the Advanced DNS as the page currently doesn't work. It is being looked at

It was me who started a thread about this a little while ago.

When you get through to Tech Support explain to them that you want to opt out of Advanced Error Search. When they have no clue what you're talking about tell them that is in the dial up settings.

Peter_
03-04-2011, 16:09

When you get through to Tech Support explain to them that you want to opt out of Advanced Error Search. When they have no clue what you're talking about tell them that is in the dial up settings.
Actually dialup is no longer mentioned in most accounts after the update 2 weeks ago but the Opt out is still in place.

General Maximus
03-04-2011, 23:54
what does the advanced error search do?

Nopanic
04-04-2011, 00:31

Its under the BBI subscription .. be that Dial up, 10Mb or whatever.

Actually dialup is no longer mentioned in most accounts after the update 2 weeks ago but the Opt out is still in place.

Nothing changed around dial up, all accounts Cable are provisioned with dial up still.

what does the advanced error search do?

It searches for you, when you mistype something in the address bar.

BenMcr
04-04-2011, 00:54
Nothing changed around dial up, all accounts Cable are provisioned with dial up still.Not for much longer

Peter_
04-04-2011, 06:55
Its under the BBI subscription .. be that Dial up, 10Mb or whatever.

Nothing changed around dial up, all accounts Cable are provisioned with dial up still.

It just no longer specifically mentions Dial up as it did before nothing more but the Opt out for Advanced DNS is still in place.