PDA

View Full Version : Superhub Moving Super Hub

Bathboy
01-04-2011, 16:38
I currently have my Super Hub in my kitchen/dining area, connected by ethernet cable to my main PC. The cable feed comes into the house to the main V+ box in the living room, and to a splitter which supplies the Superhub downstairs and also two extra V+ boxes upstairs for both my daughters. One daughter is moving out so is there anything to prevent my disconnecting the Super Hub downstairs and reconnecting it to the cable feed in what was her room, and relocating the PC here as well?

Peter_
01-04-2011, 17:28
If the is a connection upstairs the should be no issue as long as it locks on to the signal so give it a try.

pip08456
02-04-2011, 22:21
Leave it where it is-it's nearer the bin then!:D

Skie
03-04-2011, 00:58
If you move it, be prepared to have to move all your wifi devices closer. Unless your house is made of paper, it drastically loses signal strength when walls are involved. Moreso than most other routers.

Failswitch
03-04-2011, 08:59
Ignore the scare mongers and go ahead with the switch, you shouldn't have any problems.

Just to prove the above post is a load of tosh, here's my wireless link roughly 20 metres, 4 concrete walls and a floor away from where my superhub is based. Roughly an hour and a half of iplayer streaming and a download just started on the side.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/66/superhub.jpg

Nopanic
03-04-2011, 09:11
Those figures must be fake ... LIAR LIAR ..

Anyway .. Ive been connected through the Superhub now for 3 days, on VPN .. wireless .. about 30 meters away .. not one single drop .. and if I did the VPN would have died ..

Skie
03-04-2011, 12:24
I think the entire theme of superhub threads should just be YMMV. I really do have issues with the range, but obviously it is fine for others. The only fix for me was another router, changing settings did nothing.

There may be local interference, but inssider sees 3 other weak networks and mine. I know a guy a few houses down has a video sender for his CCTV and they can play havoc with wireless networks.

Failswitch
03-04-2011, 21:13

Anyway .. Ive been connected through the Superhub now for 3 days, on VPN .. wireless .. about 30 meters away .. not one single drop .. and if I did the VPN would have died ..

The moral of the story is people need to check their equipment and router settings before bashing VM or their equipment. I'm not a VM fanboy, far from it.. but credit is deserved where due.

TJS
05-04-2011, 18:12

your house is big enough to be 30 meters away? thats about 100 ft? or do you mean connecting to the hub while in the garden? :)

craigj2k12
05-04-2011, 18:14
he lives in a mansion