PDA

View Full Version : 50M Virgin Broadband support is a joke

_wtf_
30-03-2011, 12:37
Title says it all really.

Eventually got to speak to someone this morning and one of the things she wanted me to do was delete my works VPN!!

Went through a load of stuff I'd basically tried already. Then put me on hold for 15 mins while she spoke to her manager, I hung up which is obviously what she intended.

Have tried several times to get back through to support and I'm basically left listening to music, the last time was for 12 mins.

I then dug my old Belkin router out of the attic and managed to get that working so it's looking like the Netgear router is faulty.

Anyway bad support has led me to think do I really need the package I have, XXL.

Basically sky sports was for the foootie and never mind the arguments around his sacking I actually don't bother watching now Andy Gray has gone. Sky movies, well can't remember the last good film I watched on there. The other channels are just adverts every 10 mins.

Anyway. If I change my package to the lowest available will I be putting myself into a new 12/18 month contract?

chris150488
30-03-2011, 13:20
virgin do say if you change your services the contract resets, acorrding to the idiot i spoke to on customer service which was very rude (put him in his place by raising my voice to him)

I agree with the TV out of 165 channels i cannot belive there is nothing much decent on, its either repeats or like you said adverts im only 2 weeks into my contract and been looking into sky but sadly i cannot get the broadband. i have XL broadband, XL TV & Medium Phone, i am a new virgin customer so im paying a double bill on my first month.

so far its £59 and im guessing ill be paying another £55

I joined virgin because they had the 6 months half price deal which isnt half price because the package im on is £35.99 and £55 after 6 months so how an earth is that half of £55

I changed my broadband from 10mb to 30mb they told me ill need the super hub which is a pile of s**t ive checked my speeds and im now on 12mb instead of 30mb

because i changed my broadband they have now took my discounted 6 months half price deal off me and are landing me with a £55 monthly bill oh and to mention they failed to tell me ill have to pay £30 acitvation fee which is now on top of my bill for this month

absoulute con merchants maybe you need to ring them up and give them a few threats maybe try a threat with trading standards and mention you aint getting what your paying for

Chris

AaronCooper
30-03-2011, 13:43
Chris, to the best of my knowledge the 6 months half price deal works like this

PP = Your package price
PL = Standard Phone line price (£12.99)

Standard cost; PP + PL = Total sum
6 month deal; (PP / 2) + PL = Total sum

So if your normal cost is £59, your package is £46. On the half price 6 months your bill will be £23 + £12.99 = £35.99

I'm pretty sure that is how it works anyway.

Ps, Its a shame you lost your 6month deal due to upgrading your package though!

chris150488
30-03-2011, 13:48
aaron i see what you mean now stupid me lol

yeh your telling me i told the bloke on the phone my bill should be £35.99 every month now he said no your bill will be £55.00 per month now i said whys that he said you upgrade your broadband so you do not qualify for 6 months half price

im fuming lol

AaronCooper
30-03-2011, 13:52
Well you can always end your contract within the first 28days as VM has a customer satisfaction guarantee policy which allows you to do so if you're unhappy with the service.

I'm unsure if you will be reimbursed for installation fee's though...

chris150488
30-03-2011, 14:07
i had the free installation anyway

_wtf_
30-03-2011, 14:27
Well you can always end your contract within the first 28days as VM has a customer satisfaction guarantee policy which allows you to do so if you're unhappy with the service.

I'm unsure if you will be reimbursed for installation fee's though...

So do I restart a new contract?

chris150488
30-03-2011, 14:30
I have tried to cancel my contract with these cowboys and am getting no where with them

because ive upgraded my tv, broadband and hub they are now throwing charges me

absolute con merchants

AaronCooper
30-03-2011, 14:38
So do I restart a new contract?

After cancelling, I'm pretty sure I read there is a 90-day waiting period before getting a new contract.

Also to your original question; changing your package does renew a contract for 12/18 months.