PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Connection

marcogiacobbe
29-03-2011, 20:11
Evening all. I hope someone out there can help me. Having massive issues connecting my PS3 to the internet.

The details are wired Virgin Media connection, plugged straight into the PS3 via ethernet cable. PS3 will not detect IP address. Any ideas people??

Many Thanks

craigj2k12
29-03-2011, 22:18
have you got the network settings on the ps3 set to automatically obtain an ip address?

chris150488
30-03-2011, 13:28
I had that problem connecting my ps3 via ethernet cable straight to the router

if your modem/router has wireless built into it turn the wireless on if it isnt already turned on, go to network settings in your ps3 settings and select network settings, click on internet connection settings, select easy, on the next screen select wireless, then select scan, the scan should find your network, click on your network name, enter your WPA KEY (routers wireless password if one is set) if its successful your playstation should test signals, ip's and internet connection speed, if your doing it wired follow the same steps above but select wired instead of wireless

marcogiacobbe
31-03-2011, 09:36
Thank you for your replies. The modem I have currently is not wireless (soon to be changed) so that rules out the wireless issue.

I have tried using the easy settings when setting up through netwrok set up on the PS3. It always comes up wit h the error that it 'can not find ip address.' I have then input the ip address manually......this works but then I get 'DNS Error (80710102).'

I have tried entering the DNS primary and secondary numbers manually but this also fails!!

It's driving me nuts!!

chris150488
31-03-2011, 09:49
Hi

Erm I'm lost with that one the only thing you could do is buy a wireless router and connect the ps3 wireless. For some reason ps3 doesn't like wired connections I prefer wired to wireless but the ps3 won't have any of it

haydnwalker
31-03-2011, 10:39
Its not a PS3 issue, my PS3 worked wired perfectly well.

Is it directly from Cable Modem into PS3 or is it Modem > Router > PS3?

If its just Modem > PS3, you need to switch off the PS3 & Modem, and then turn them on in order of Modem (and wait for all lights to stop flashing/go green) > PS3. That should let the PS3 have an IP address.

If its your router, have you checked the ethernet cable? They can become faulty sometimes. You could also try changing to another router port.