PDA

View Full Version : 3 month installation hell

blue`
15-02-2011, 18:43
So in november I made a post detailing my problem (here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/62/33671896-flat-directly-downstairs-can-get-50mb.html)). Basically the flat directly below me could get 50mb fiber and Virgins website said the max I could get was 4.5mb broadband. I filled out a spotter form as instructed, and have been in contact with the spotter since. First he said he was going to investigate, then that I needed the building owners permission and a cable install should be possible. I obtained the permission, but he was away on holiday from mid December to mid January.

I tried contacting Virgin and they said the only thing to do was to fill out the spotter form again and wait, but it might be up to 4 weeks before I see a response. So I decided to wait until the original spotter returned. When he returned on the 15th, I got in contact with him to let him know, and he set up a date to come by and see the property. This happened on the 24th of January.

He came by, said it shouldn't be a problem, found the tee (not sure of spelling), then we filled out the contract and he said he'd contact me with an installation date.

1 week later, on the 1st of February, he contacted me and said that my installation was going to happen on the 15th between 8am-1pm. I was a little disappointed that it was going to take so long, since being without internet is a little hellish. Plus I would have to be at home all day in the middle of a week.

Fast forward to today. A Virgin tech comes by around 12:30, takes a look around and tells me that he can't do anything because the cable needs to be pulled and that requires a different company to do the job. So he got on the phone with someone, said that they would come by within a few hours, and he would go do his next install, then be back and do mine. I even asked him if he was sure that I would have it installed today, and he said yes.

Just now I called customer service because no one had been in touch or come by to pull the cable that I had seen, and they told me that the cable pull was scheduled for the first of MARCH(??????). I expressed my disappointment to him, then he asked if I would like to file a complaint. I asked if he was powerless and if complaining would do anything. He said "yep and nope".

Why did the tech lie/misinform me? Do I really have to wait 2 more weeks on top of the 3 months I've already waited? I'm moving in July and if I have to wait until March its honestly probably not even worth it for me. And I may cut myself.

edit: And wouldn't the spotter have known what type of team was required to do the install? He saw my flat and the tee