PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline Terra Nova : Season 1

Paul
07-02-2011, 21:35
The main series of Terra Nova is due to be shown in Autumn 2011, however the pilot episodes will be shown in May.

The show begins in the year 2149, a time when all life on planet Earth is threatened with extinction. In an effort to save the human race, scientists develop a portal allowing travel 85 million years back in time to prehistoric Earth. The Shannon family (father Jim, his wife Elisabeth, and their three children Josh, Maddy and Zoe) join the tenth pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first human colony on the other side of the temporal doorway. However, they are unaware that the colony is in the middle of a group of carnivores; not all of them reptiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuurhigqM78

cimt
08-02-2011, 17:49
That does look good. As long as Fox actually advertise it right and give it a decent time slot then it can go on for a while. Can't wait for it to start.

haydnwalker
08-02-2011, 18:51
Looks ok...will certainly try it out

Paul
12-03-2011, 12:59
Fox have now postponed the premier until Autumn.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/breaking-fox-delays-terra-nova-until-fall/

Scary
09-09-2011, 19:33
they have set a date for the show in america September 26, 2011 dont know the date for the uk but most people will download it anyway, cant wait

Paul
28-09-2011, 02:01
Watched the double episode starter tonight, it was actually quite good. Somwhat predictable in places, but I enjoyed it. Will be watching more.

Kymmy
01-10-2011, 21:56
I've just had time to watch it and was quite surprised.. One to add to my watch list

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Something that is puzzling is this alternate time line?? I'm more than likely to suspect that they've gone forward in time rather than back hence they never found the probe??

Tezcatlipoca
02-10-2011, 02:04
What's so puzzling about it allegedly being an alternate timeline? It's a common thing in SF, and has been used in many, many series. Going back in time, to an alternate timeline, seems far more likely to me than going forward in time to a time which for some bizarre reason has dinosaurs again.

I do have doubts as to whether the characters have been told the truth regarding it being an alternate timeline, however, given that the leader of the Sixers said "Control the Past, Control the Future".

Kymmy
02-10-2011, 10:02
I'm not puzzled as to the use of an alternate time line just puzzled as to if their assumption is correct ;) I think it's going to be the main focal point about the missing son who likes to scribe on rocks :D

Tezcatlipoca
02-10-2011, 12:47
Ah. As I said, I think it's going to turn out that they have been lied to, and it's simply The Past, not an Alternate Past. If it was an alternate timeline, then "Control the Past, Control the Future" would make no sense.

Kymmy
02-10-2011, 13:08
I suppose the sixers could have found the probe in the future.

Another puzzle was the time stream diffrence with the leader (forgotten his name) stating that he'd waited ?180? days between his trip and the next person coming through the rift.. I think that time delay is relevant in some way.

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

I wonder how they're communicating between past and future? Future/past is easy but the opposite direction is currently a puzzle due to the one way trip unless they're doing it like a stargate in that communications can be opened when the rift is active?

Tezcatlipoca
02-10-2011, 13:16
Hopefully we'll get more info on how the fracture / portal actually works.

Aside from that initial trip where the leader had to wait around for x days, it does seem that each end of the portal moves forward normally at the same rate, so if e.g. expedition 10 went through 5 years after expedition 9, they would arrive in the past 5 years after expedition 9 arrived. Does seem strange though what happened on the first trip. Maybe it will be significant, or maybe there'll just be some technobabble to explain it and it will end up simply having been a plot device for the leader to be able to say you can survive on your own.

They've certainly set up some mysteries (e.g. the "real purpose of Terra Nova", the rock markings, etc.)... I just hope it doesn't take too long before we get some answers.

Kymmy
02-10-2011, 13:34
I think it's had a good start and has got good prospects.. They could bring so much into the story line (aliens, unknown civilisations, another reason for the dinosaur extinction, etc..) as well as the current mysteries hinted at in the pilot.

Definitely one I'll be watching with interest

Mick Fisher
02-10-2011, 13:51
So far so good.

Lets hope it keeps moving along at the same sort of pace.

Scary
03-10-2011, 10:11
they did say why they didnt find the probe its an alternate timeline, its the only way they could have done it, because even the smallest disturbance in the past i.e stepping on a bug could change the future.

Hugh
03-10-2011, 10:17
Some comments from the series exec producers...

Link (http://seriable.com/revealed-how-terra-nova-plans-to-cheat-time/)
He went on to explain that in the show, our hero family the Shannons, and the other settlers, are not going back into our past, but are on Earth during a “different time stream” — meaning that nothing they do impacts the future. ”They’re colonists,” said Echevarria.