PDA

View Full Version : New Samsung TV - remote volume problem

dayjn
04-01-2011, 12:09
Hi all,

I have the V+ HD box (Samsung) which was installed and has worked fine since summer 2010. It has the skinny black remote (#9 on the support website).

Yesterday we got a new Samsung LE40C530 LCD TV connected by HDMI cable. I'm really happy with the way the TV works and the Virgin box gives a great image.

But I'm having trouble programing the Virgin remote to control the TV volume. I've tried the code 4080 as suggested during the setup instructions - several times. During the remote programming procedure, it turns off the TV, but when I turn it back on (with the TV remote since the Virgin remote doesn't seem to work for this) the volume control or mute still doesn't work. However, the message that pops up when pressing the volume keys on the Virgin remote that says the remote needs to be programmed has disappeared.

I scanned with the code 0010 to try all the codes (it takes a long time!) and still no volume conrol.

Are there any other codes or tricks that I should try? I emailed remote.codes@gmail.com and found their feed back form, but hoped someone out there has seen this before and might have a tip for me.

Thanks - and happy new year 2011.

JayJay
04-01-2011, 14:14
Are you pressing OK button after the tv turns off?

dayjn
04-01-2011, 15:32
Hi Jay Jay -

Many thanks for your reply, it worked! Now the volume and mute is controlled by the Virgin remote perfectly. I'm very grateful.

BTW, I used a different code than what was recommended by the V+HD box (which was 4080). The code I used was 4081, which was suggested here:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/files/NTLBRANDLIST.pdf

I tried both 4080 and 4081 several times - but I was forgetting to press OK after the TV turns off.

Cheers!

JayJay
04-01-2011, 18:34
More than welcome :)