PDA

View Full Version : New Year's resolutions

Tinky
31-12-2010, 20:03
Well we are into the final hours of 2010 and already I am planning how to tackle my resolution for 2011. I have got to lose weight! What is your resolution and do you think you will stick to it?

superbiatch
31-12-2010, 20:07
Mine are to find a new job and to get myself financially stable - not going to be easy but hey i like a challenge :)

Sasha222
31-12-2010, 20:08
I have none as I always break them after two weeks :(

CycoSymz
31-12-2010, 20:18
I'm gonna give up smoking.

superbiatch
31-12-2010, 20:21

Are you prepared? Have you got any therapy such as champix or nicotine replacement ready? Check out the stopping smoking thread for lots of helpful info ;)

CycoSymz
31-12-2010, 20:25
Are you prepared? Have you got any therapy such as champix or nicotine replacement ready? Check out the stopping smoking thread for lots of helpful info ;)

No....Just going cold turkey.

Managed to stop for a good few years a while back, but had a messy break up and started again.

Have only had a few this month so I think I'll be fine.

superbiatch
31-12-2010, 20:29
No....Just going cold turkey.

Managed to stop for a good few years a while back, but had a messy break up and started again.

Have only had a few this month so I think I'll be fine.

Well if its worked for you in the past, then why not :)

Keep us updated in the smoking thread though, lots of helpful advice on there ;)

CycoSymz
31-12-2010, 20:31
Well if its worked for you in the past, then why not :)

Keep us updated in the smoking thread though, lots of helpful advice on there ;)

Thanks. Will do. :)

Zing
31-12-2010, 20:32
big diet and exercise plan for me wanna get fit for the summer

DocDutch
31-12-2010, 20:36
mine are: stop smoking, get a driving licence and get a job again. Oh and lose some weight

peanut
31-12-2010, 20:43
Mine is to try to put some weight on. :D

Also give my meds another go which means no more alcohol (no fun and won't be easy). To have a happier outlook on life and do as much as I can.

DocDutch
31-12-2010, 21:05
peanut you can have some of mine free of charge

Ignitionnet
31-12-2010, 21:16
Get a 6-pack of abdominals finally!

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Oh and lose some weight

This (http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/index.htm) might help with that.

martyh
31-12-2010, 21:35
I need up give up smoking ,i'm smoking far too much ,but need to get a plan together as going cold turkey will not work for me so first stop is the giving up smoking thread in the new year

budwieser
31-12-2010, 21:37
TRYING REALLY HARD NOT TO GET BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I`m not a bad bloke really, just too forthcoming with my opinions.!:rolleyes::D

Sasha222
31-12-2010, 21:43

I know your a really nice guy. Think before you post and just say to yourself how important is it if you dont like what the person before you has posted. You can have an opinion but just cool down on what you say. I suppose if you cant do that then just keep out the threads for awhile that make you have to strong of an opinion

martyh
31-12-2010, 22:07

i still think that the forum should have a basement area specifically for banned users where the rest of us look on and vote on posters ability to offend ,i think it would be great :D

idi banashapan
31-12-2010, 22:26
mine is to go to know SuperBiatch if that is her in the festive avatar currently in use on her profile!!!

superbiatch
31-12-2010, 22:28
mine is to go to know SuperBiatch if that is her in the festive avatar currently in use on her profile!!!

Haha, who knows ;)

Sasha222
31-12-2010, 22:29
Get a 6-pack of abdominals finally!

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

This (http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/index.htm) might help with that.

Any links or tips for losing weight around the stomach as that is my biggggggggg problem :(

Chris
31-12-2010, 23:22
I've never made a formal list of New Year resolutions, because in my experience if you make a resolution because you think you should, rather than because you actually want/need to, you're going to end up breaking them pretty quickly.

However, over the last few weeks I've found myself compiling a list of things that I really, really need to do, and which most logically should be started once the partying and general disruption of normal routine that this time of year brings is over. So I do in effect have a list of resolutions, sort of.

1. Lose weight. Lots of it. I feel very unhealthy and I don't like it one bit.
2. Exercise a lot more. It's criminal to live where I do and not be out in it a lot more often than I am.
3. Read the entire Bible in a year. I have a daily reading plan ready. Although I read the good book anyway, it is difficult without a structured reading plan to get equally familiar with all of it (as there is a lot of it, and some parts are less accessible as reading material than others). A year-long plan allocates maybe 20 minutes' reading every morning and evening. I've done it before, some years ago now, and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Hom3r
01-01-2011, 00:10

I was gonna give up smoking, but I would have to start in the first place to give up :D

MadGamer
01-01-2011, 00:31
I dont make resolutions as I break them too easily

Tinky
01-01-2011, 08:54
I'm going to start the weight control thingy Monday, so this weekend will be full of indulgences and excesses! :D:D:D

Peter_
01-01-2011, 10:31
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID31198/images/new_year_cartoon%282%29.jpg

Halcyon
01-01-2011, 11:05
Move into a new flat, exercise more, and leave the past behind and focus on the future.

Maggy
01-01-2011, 11:28
To never make resolutions in the middle of winter.

First day of Spring yes. Mid winter no.

jrhnewark
06-01-2011, 00:41
Propose to my girlfriend, who's put up with enough of my New Year resolutions over the last three years. :)

Tinky
06-01-2011, 08:59
Propose to my girlfriend, who's put up with enough of my New Year resolutions over the last three years. :)

Good luck with that one jrhnewark, let us know how you get on. :)

Ignitionnet
08-01-2011, 20:13
Any links or tips for losing weight around the stomach as that is my biggggggggg problem :(

Yes - there is no such thing as spot fat removal, burn more calories than you eat and eventually your body will use the visceral fat.

I am not the best person to speak to about losing weight, I'm all too good at gaining it though.

Sasha222
08-01-2011, 20:55
I'm a small eater and yet I'm gaining weight around my stomach which is weird and I dont eat rubbish either. Only thing is I havn't been very active since I had an op and also had complications after it but I will have to start walking small and build it up every day

iFrankie
14-01-2011, 08:02
1. Finish therapy (another 12 weeks)
2. Get a job
3. Find a partner
4. Be happy

A lot within a year but ill try my hardest.

Good luck everyone else.

Tinky
14-01-2011, 08:24
1. Finish therapy (another 12 weeks)
2. Get a job
3. Find a partner
4. Be happy

A lot within a year but ill try my hardest.

Good luck everyone else.

But not necessarily in that order eh Frankie? I wish you luck, positive thinking I like that. :)

iFrankie
14-01-2011, 08:33
But not necessarily in that order eh Frankie? I wish you luck, positive thinking I like that. :)

Hmm, i'd like being happy to come first but it can't really unless i do something positive like getting a job, when i was working i was a whole different person, i loved it! i didn't care about the wages or anything i just liked keeping my mind occupied.

Nothing worse than being stuck in doing nothing.

Tinky
14-01-2011, 08:44
Up and at em Frankie, there's no point sitting around moping about what could be. It's all out there for you to grab, just tell yourself you can do it!