PDA

View Full Version : A lovelly festive season.

Arthurgray50@blu
28-12-2010, 23:30
When l was a kid, l always felt that one day l would enjoy Xmas and New year with a family and friends.

This year has been a bad year, with me fighting depression, and nearly destroying my marriage of 34 years, but with a loving wife and friends, especially on this forum that gave advice, l turned my life around, and this Xmas l celebrated it with lovelly people, and it was great.

Today l celebrated my 59th birthday, with my wife, who is a Glaswegian, three children, three grandchildren and my wifes family and it was brilliant.

It is really a great feeling that 2010 started with a a sad feeling, and yet with friends and family around you, 2011 is going to be great, and it goes to prove that friends etc will stand by no matter what. -Happy new year to everyone, and thanks to everyone on this forum for the laughter that l have shared.;)

idi banashapan
28-12-2010, 23:36
And too you, also. May you and your family have happiness and good fortune in the coming year, Arthur. Start the year with a simple smile as the clock strikes, and end the year the same way.

Remember, to know happiness, one must experience sadness. one cannot exist without the other as they are the shadow to each other. the past year, for you, was sadness. the new year can only be better! :)

Stuart
28-12-2010, 23:43
Nice to know we have helped..

Thanks.

True friends are the stick by you no matter what. They should be treasured. I have friends that have stuck by me through thick and thin. I also have had "friends" that have celebrated the good times with me, then vanished as soon as it turns bad.

Sadly, I don't see one particular friend who has stuck by me through thick and thin too much any more. Not because we are no longer friends. Quite the opposite. It's just that there are very few times when neither one of us is working, and he works such long hours that the little time he is home from work is spent mainly with his family, or is used by him to rest.

Anyhow, I hope everyone had a good christmas, and everyone has a good 2011.

Caff
29-12-2010, 00:45
When l was a kid, l always felt that one day l would enjoy Xmas and New year with a family and friends.

This year has been a bad year, with me fighting depression, and nearly destroying my marriage of 34 years, but with a loving wife and friends, especially on this forum that gave advice, l turned my life around, and this Xmas l celebrated it with lovelly people, and it was great.

Today l celebrated my 59th birthday, with my wife, who is a Glaswegian, three children, three grandchildren and my wifes family and it was brilliant.

It is really a great feeling that 2010 started with a a sad feeling, and yet with friends and family around you, 2011 is going to be great, and it goes to prove that friends etc will stand by no matter what. -Happy new year to everyone, and thanks to everyone on this forum for the laughter that l have shared.;)

You'll be getting ready for the impact of the New Year too then :D
Very happy for you Arthur. And a Happy New Year to You :)

Halcyon
30-12-2010, 12:28
Always great to hear that people are doing well and that when things feel like they couldnt get any worse, there is always a way that things can get better.