PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start.

exceluk1
20-12-2010, 17:04
Well it was going so well up until installation day (today) which was booked for 08:00 - 13:00.

Received a phone call at 12:30 to be told that my installation maynot go ahead today, due to a backlog because of the weather. A bit late in the day to let me know but fair enough. Asked when the next available appointment was, which he didnt know because he doesnt shedule, I would have to phone VM to rearrange. I said as the mrs had taken the day off we would wait and see if the engineer would get to us.

Call VM at 16:15 to see if they had an update (didnt mention to the call centre staff about the call at 12:30). The lady went through my install details / times and appologised that none had turned up. she said that she would transfer me throught to the install team to find out what was happening. During the process of being transfered I get cut of, it can happen so I redial.

16:24 same as above but this time i am told that the engineer is unable to attend any installs all day due to a crash that accured on Saturday??? Apology after apology from the lady when I explain that I was not told this at 12:30 and that the Mrs could have gone back to work. So now told the next available instal date is 29th of December, so there goes xmas with any services :( .

I really hope the engineer is ok, but are VM telling me they only have 1 man with a van for the area? (St Helens). Accidents happen and the weather here at the moment is crap. My issue is not being told the truth to start with. Will keep this post upto date with the outcome, if any :)

Ben B
20-12-2010, 17:08
These adverse weather conditions are causing issues with engineers getting to installs, I'm sure you're not the only one that is experiencing this, it's just unfortunate timing. What I would suggest is calling back tomorrow to see if they have any earlier slots available :)

Digital Fanatic
21-12-2010, 18:20
Indeed, good advice Ben. The weather is impacting installs, expecially in the North West at the moment.

Due to the current extreme weather conditions, our engineers are experiencing unavoidable delays in some areas of the country. If you’re waiting for an installation or other engineer service, we’ll be contacting you as soon as possible to let you know if we need to change your appointment.
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/severe-weather-impact.php

gondalio
21-12-2010, 18:30
keep ringing and see if there is an empty time slot or a cancellation.

exceluk1
21-12-2010, 21:09
Have rebooked for the 30th of december. Cant afford to waste another day off work and we still have our sky until mid Jan thankfully. Just like people and companies to be straight with me and let me know asap when there is an issue.