PDA

View Full Version : PCN

LSainsbury
20-12-2010, 14:20
Hi all,

Anybody know any good loopholes for getting out of a PCN for "entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited"?

gazzae
20-12-2010, 14:33
You could try not stopping in box junctions?

Acathla
20-12-2010, 14:37
Ask to see the evidence.

The PCN is for entering and stopping when prohibited.

When you entered the box junction were you prohibited to do so? or was it clear at the point of entry? If it was clear at the point of entry then you were allowed to enter. You may have been forced to stop due to a situation which arose whilst you were in the box junction but it totally depends on the evidence and your situation...

LSainsbury
You could try not stopping in box junctions?

LOL! Yeah - why didn't I think of that!

#BoxJunctionMoneyMakingMachineandokforbendybusesto doit.

Acathla
Have a read: http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/pages/Steve.html

LSainsbury
20-12-2010, 14:38
Ask to see the evidence.

The PCN is for entering and stopping when prohibited.

When you entered the box junction were you prohibited to do so? or was it clear at the point of entry? If it was clear at the point of entry then you were allowed to enter. You may have been forced to stop due to a situation which arose whilst you were in the box junction but it totally depends on the evidence and your situation...

There are two photos 9 seconds apart but one is up close on the reg plate so you cannot see if / how far vehicles moved.

nffc
20-12-2010, 18:04
Post the PCN as well as the location of the offence (google maps will usually do) making sure you pull out all the identifying information.

The offence is actually committed at the time of entry, if still traffic is blocking you from exiting *then*, you are committing the offence - not stopping in a box junction if it was moving when you entered but you still ended up stopped in it. The Highway Code is wrongly worded in this instance.

Chris
20-12-2010, 18:14
LOL! Yeah - why didn't I think of that!

Don't know, but it would have saved you a few quid. ;)

Sorry if I sound a little unsupportive, but as I used to have a box junction on my commute to/from work, which was frequently snarled up by people who either didn't know or didn't care how it was supposed to work, my sympathy is limited.

LSainsbury
20-12-2010, 22:36
Well I've been driving for 20+ years and I've never stopped in a box junction before now - not sure why I did it this time.

Anyway - Boris now has 60 of my hard earned pounds.

Flyboy
21-12-2010, 21:17
Have a read: http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/pages/Steve.html

Having read (some) of that (I wanted to stick pins in my eyes after a while), I get the feeling that the author is a bit of a twit. With all due respect and notwithstanding the OPs question, it seems that this "Medusa" chap likes peeving off motorists in London and will grasp at any straws to do it with impunity. As has already been suggested, the only way to get out of it, morally, is not to do in the first place.

nffc
22-12-2010, 00:05
Having read (some) of that (I wanted to stick pins in my eyes after a while), I get the feeling that the author is a bit of a twit. With all due respect and notwithstanding the OPs question, it seems that this "Medusa" chap likes peeving off motorists in London and will grasp at any straws to do it with impunity. As has already been suggested, the only way to get out of it, morally, is not to do in the first place.
Legally speaking he is right. As I said, the HC rule is misleading with respect to the laws it actually references.

martyh
22-12-2010, 00:21
As it happens i have succeded in getting an apeal upheld against this .In newcastle as elswhere we have cctv trained on box jnctions .I was caught out when traffic was moving through the junction and through a green light about 30-40yrds away ,the problem was that a pedestrian crossing between the box junction and the traffic light turned red meaning myself and a car infront had to stop in the junction despite aour traffic light still being on green .I got a fine through the post ,i appealed and won .I think it was because the pedestrian light wasn't sinced properly with the traffic lights and should not have turned red while the other was on green

nffc
22-12-2010, 07:04
As it happens i have succeded in getting an apeal upheld against this .In newcastle as elswhere we have cctv trained on box jnctions .I was caught out when traffic was moving through the junction and through a green light about 30-40yrds away ,the problem was that a pedestrian crossing between the box junction and the traffic light turned red meaning myself and a car infront had to stop in the junction despite aour traffic light still being on green .I got a fine through the post ,i appealed and won .I think it was because the pedestrian light wasn't sinced properly with the traffic lights and should not have turned red while the other was on green
No, it will have been because your exit was moving when you entered.

Prohibition conveyed by markings in diagram 1043 or 1044
7. – (1) Except when placed in the circumstances described in paragraph 8, the road markings shown in diagrams 1043 and 1044 (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113by.gif) shall each convey the prohibition that no person shall cause a vehicle to enter the box junction so that the vehicle has to stop within the box junction due to the presence of stationary vehicles.