PDA

View Full Version : Landline dead in WN2 area

philwhite100
19-12-2010, 11:20
Just called CS to tell them my landline is down and was told this is due to cable replacement and will take between 4 and 24hours to complete but it has been 48 hours since we could use our landline and they could not explain and there is nothing shown on the service status section either.

I don't mind waiting as faults do occur but sometimes the lack of info like nothing on the service status annoys me a little.

Digital Fanatic
19-12-2010, 11:30
Just called CS to tell them my landline is down and was told this is due to cable replacement and will take between 4 and 24hours to complete but it has been 48 hours since we could use our landline and they could not explain and there is nothing shown on the service status section either.

I don't mind waiting as faults do occur but sometimes the lack of info like nothing on the service status annoys me a little.

It would only be on the service status if it was a large area fault, or a good portion of the cab you are connected to is affected. It automatically places a message on there from our faults database.

It's more likely a mux card fault, affecting about 20-30 customers. I'll check later when in work for you.

HTH

Digital Fanatic
19-12-2010, 16:27
Can you check the Status Page now please?

the engineers are having trouble with this due to health & safety issues, due to weather.

Trying to get an engineers there today at some point, if safe enough.

philwhite100
19-12-2010, 16:54
Just checked Service Status page again and it shows all services are disrupted but it is just the phone in my case.

Digital Fanatic
19-12-2010, 17:00
Just checked Service Status page again and it shows all services are disrupted but it is just the phone in my case.

Cool, so you are on that cab. Some customers have loss of TV & Broadband too.

as i say it's a health & safety issue at the moment. Whilst your exact location may be ok, it may not be safe for engineers to travel to.

You can now track the ticket on the status page though. I enabled it as it was ongoing.

As you can see we hope to have it resolved this evening, but it may take a little longer.

Hope this has been helpful to you.

philwhite100
19-12-2010, 17:10
Thanks for that. The cab is down the other end of the road to us (i think) at the culdesac end so access due to road conditions will be a little tricky as you say.

Digital Fanatic
19-12-2010, 18:45
Thanks for that. The cab is down the other end of the road to us (i think) at the culdesac end so access due to road conditions will be a little tricky as you say.

We just have 1 telco switch port out now, but this needs 2 engineers to attend tomorrow daytime. We have amended the ticket to the next est fix.

philwhite100
21-12-2010, 19:19
Now had no landline for the past four days so i called CS who informed me that the engineers are having to replace a whole section of cable so it must be a big job.

Digital Fanatic
22-12-2010, 13:03
Now had no landline for the past four days so i called CS who informed me that the engineers are having to replace a whole section of cable so it must be a big job.

You all back-up now Phil? I can't see the ticket listed now.

philwhite100
22-12-2010, 18:22
NO, still no landline, My partner rang CS yet again at about 8.30 this morning and was told work was still ongoing but now there is still no landline (writing this message at about 6pm)
Other VM cable phone customers in our street have working landlines and have not had a fault so could this be a fault on the cable on our property as 5 days have elapsed now.

Please can you reply with any further info you can provide as calling CS from a mobile is not cheap.

Thanks.

Digital Fanatic
23-12-2010, 14:01
NO, still no landline, My partner rang CS yet again at about 8.30 this morning and was told work was still ongoing but now there is still no landline (writing this message at about 6pm)
Other VM cable phone customers in our street have working landlines and have not had a fault so could this be a fault on the cable on our property as 5 days have elapsed now.

Please can you reply with any further info you can provide as calling CS from a mobile is not cheap.

Thanks.

Hi Phil,

Sorry about the delay in geting back to you. I've checked and we've had to open a new ticket for the remaining customers affected. You should see it if you put your details in the Status Page.

Currently with our remote engineering team. They are trying to isilate the fault.

Peter_
23-12-2010, 15:13
It was supposed to be fixed at 1225 today the last time I looked.

Digital Fanatic
23-12-2010, 17:54
Hi Phil,

Sorry about the delay in geting back to you. I've checked and we've had to open a new ticket for the remaining customers affected. You should see it if you put your details in the Status Page.

Currently with our remote engineering team. They are trying to isilate the fault.

Right, quick update. We have got nearly all of the last LCN's back in service now. Can you advise whether yours is back on please, Phil?

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

It was supposed to be fixed at 1225 today the last time I looked.

Yep, I've been managing the ticket today. I'm hoping Phil is on one of the fixed LCN's now! :)

philwhite100
23-12-2010, 18:08
Sorry, stilll no phone line. I cannot reply to any of these messages untill i get home from work at around 6pm.
Nobody has phoned my partner on her mobile with any updates as requested.

Digital Fanatic
23-12-2010, 18:11
Sorry, stilll no phone line. I cannot reply to any of these messages untill i get home from work at around 6pm.
Nobody has phoned my partner on her mobile with any updates as requested.

Ok Phil. When did you last check? Is your line giving a dead tone when called?

philwhite100
23-12-2010, 18:19
Our daughter tells us it is an engaged sound when she calls from her landline and we get the three beeps associated with an incorrect number dialed when called from our mobile.
EDIT i checked 1 minute before the last message.

Digital Fanatic
23-12-2010, 18:24
Our daughter tells us it is an engaged sound when she calls from her landline and we get the three beeps associated with an incorrect number dialed.

EDIT i checked 1 minute before the last message.

I'm wondering if yours is a seperate fault then? The outage should cause a caller to hear a dead tone (long contant tone)... I think a quick post on our Community Forum would be best.

We need to rule you out of this outage I think. I can't ask for any account information on this forum as it's against DPA.

Basically, what's happeded is, after the big outage at your cab, a load of LCN's (telco cards which carry up to 30 customer lines each) went out of service. we have been working on getting the up and running one by one.

Some other faults have been mixed in with these and it looks like your line is one of the mixed ones!

philwhite100
23-12-2010, 18:36
So what do i need to do next?? is there a free phone number i can call from a none Virgin mobile as calls are eating away at our credit.

Peter_
23-12-2010, 18:37
You will have to call 0845 454 1111 and advise the agent that you are on a mobile and they will ring you back.

Digital Fanatic
23-12-2010, 18:41
or you could post on our Community Forum in "My Virgin Media"

http://community.virginmedia.com/

you don't need to advise on your 'phone number, they will get your account from your ip (if you post from your VM connection)

Peter_
23-12-2010, 18:47
or you could post on our Community Forum in "My Virgin Media"

http://community.virginmedia.com/

you don't need to advise on your 'phone number, they will get your account from your ip (if you post from your VM connection)
Now that is the cheapest route by far and all you need to do is register.:)

philwhite100
23-12-2010, 19:41
Have called CS and they are sending an engineer on Tuesday and giving a discount on the bill.

Digital Fanatic
24-12-2010, 12:50
Have called CS and they are sending an engineer on Tuesday and giving a discount on the bill.

Nice one Phil. Thanks for updating :xmas: too :)

philwhite100
27-12-2010, 09:01
Just to let you know that our landline is now working today so i have contacted CS and cancelled tomorrows engineer visit.

Digital Fanatic
27-12-2010, 21:05
Just to let you know that our landline is now working today so i have contacted CS and cancelled tomorrows engineer visit.

Brilliant.. glad it's back on for you :)